Author Topic: [SUSPENDED]Nationals vs Astros, Game 2  (Read 31162 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals vs Astros, Game 2
« Reply #725: May 05, 2009, 11:52:17 PM »
Enough about Milledge being any "good" last year.  His rate stats were garbage.  He was pure trash, even then.  Zimmerman, Guzman, and Dukes were better.
he speaks the truth

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #726: May 05, 2009, 11:59:58 PM »
Enough about Milledge being any "good" last year.  His rate stats were garbage.  He was pure trash, even then. 

lol.

dude all i was doing is sharing what kurkjian said.  i'm not saying milledge should be on the team right now or anything. 

Offline saltydad

« Reply #727: May 06, 2009, 12:02:27 AM »
Bowden put a little too much faith in the BP guys we had here but I don't think any of us thought that they would all be collectively this poor.

Saul Rivera going down the toilet? No one saw that coming. Mock and Shell fizzling out was kind of surprising. Many had concerns about Joel but I don't think we thought he was going to blow this many games this soon.

Bergmann in Rizzo's doghouse. Rizzo showing a penchant to hand jobs over to has-been veterans rather than other guys like Bergmann and Clippard.

Offline blue911

« Reply #728: May 06, 2009, 06:54:12 AM »
But he's not re-entering the game for the Nats.  He gets a fresh start with a new team.

The reference in the rules about substitutions only applies to the player's current team.

It has nothing to do with his team. If a player is removed he can't re-enter the game. There is no ambiguity in the rule.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #729: May 06, 2009, 09:24:28 AM »
No this thread won't remain open until the game resumes, wise-asses :P

I haven't decided how to handle re-opening this thread vs creating a new one.

Nationals "vs" Astros, Game 2B? :lol:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #730: May 06, 2009, 09:55:20 AM »
Hidden joke in this post. Can you find it?

Rizzo showing a penchant to hand jobs

Did I get it?

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #731: May 06, 2009, 10:07:01 AM »
No this thread won't remain open until the game resumes, wise-asses :P

I haven't decided how to handle re-opening this thread vs creating a new one.

Nationals "vs" Astros, Game 2B? :lol:

Nationals "vs' Astros, Game 2 - the Dramatic Conclusion!!

« Reply #732: May 06, 2009, 10:09:59 AM »
Stop getting all technical with this. We all know the Nats aren't going to do some wild call ups just so they can pitch hit in a game or do anything remotely interesting. They are just going to put Dukes on first base and have whoever they have go out there and play.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #733: May 06, 2009, 10:18:19 AM »

This time it's personal!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #734: May 06, 2009, 10:20:07 AM »
It'll just be locked, then reopened.  Versus postponed games, which require a new thread.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #735: May 06, 2009, 10:20:26 AM »

:D

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #736: May 06, 2009, 01:18:02 PM »
Stop getting all technical with this. We all know the Nats aren't going to do some wild call ups just so they can pitch hit in a game or do anything remotely interesting. They are just going to put Dukes on first base and have whoever they have go out there and play.

They would be foolish not to at least consider possible moves to get an advantage.  We at least need a bat in hanrahan's spot in the 11th.

Offline uncleteddy

« Reply #737: May 06, 2009, 01:38:41 PM »
It has nothing to do with his team. If a player is removed he can't re-enter the game. There is no ambiguity in the rule.

Yes, it does.  The Nats could not re-use the same player, but if he later turns up on the Astros roster, he is new for the purposes of that game.

Here's the actual rule: "A player who was not with the club when the game was suspended may be used as a substitute, even if he has taken the place of a player no longer with the club who would not have been eligible because he had been removed from the lineup before the game was suspended. "

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #738: May 06, 2009, 02:17:49 PM »
They would be foolish not to at least consider possible moves to get an advantage.  We at least need a bat in hanrahan's spot in the 11th.

Honestly, I doubt either club will care about the outcome of the game. Which ever team accidentally scores first wins. These are 2 last place teams - I'm surprised they don't just call it altogether.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #739: May 06, 2009, 02:18:48 PM »
Honestly, I doubt either club will care about the outcome of the game. Which ever team accidentally scores first wins. These are 2 last place teams - I'm surprised they don't just call it altogether.

They didn't call it because baseball hates ties.

Offline blue911

« Reply #740: May 06, 2009, 03:17:16 PM »
Yes, it does.  The Nats could not re-use the same player, but if he later turns up on the Astros roster, he is new for the purposes of that game.

Here's the actual rule: "A player who was not with the club when the game was suspended may be used as a substitute, even if he has taken the place of a player no longer with the club who would not have been eligible because he had been removed from the lineup before the game was suspended. "

Right. But Kearns or any player removed from the game wouldn't be a "new" player. Regardless of which team employed him. Stop trying to read into the rule. It says NOTHING about a player that was REMOVED from the game being able to return.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: [SUSPENDED]Nationals vs Astros, Game 2
« Reply #741: July 09, 2009, 09:56:59 AM »
This thread is now open for business.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #742: July 09, 2009, 10:13:41 AM »
So are the Nats. "The beast will feast" off of Hawkins, whose talent is least.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #743: July 09, 2009, 10:17:26 AM »
So...where were we when we left off?  Willingham was up, right?  Dukes was at first, I think, I'm assuming they'll put Morgan at first in his place.  Were there any outs?  What was the count?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #744: July 09, 2009, 10:18:55 AM »
So...where were we when we left off?  Willingham was up, right?  Dukes was at first, I think, I'm assuming they'll put Morgan at first in his place.  Were there any outs?  What was the count?

With Dukes gone, do we have a 24 man roster for the game? If Harlan had the knowledge it would be great for his blog to fill us in on these details.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #745: July 09, 2009, 10:23:01 AM »
He covered it a while back, I think shortly after the game that players who were added to the roster after that game are eligible to play.  Pitchers, Clippard and Bergmann and Burnett would be available.  But if they were on the roster and taken out of the game, they're not available to come back in, so Dunn would be out.

Offline blue911

« Reply #746: July 09, 2009, 10:24:29 AM »
With Dukes gone, do we have a 24 man roster for the game? If Harlan had the knowledge it would be great for his blog to fill us in on these details.

No all players on the current roster are eligible within the rules. Meaning if they have been removed from the game, they can not reenter.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #747: July 09, 2009, 10:26:56 AM »
No all players on the current roster are eligible within the rules. Meaning if they have been removed from the game, they can not reenter.

Right but one would assume they have to sub for Dukes, right? Putting us a man down.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #748: July 09, 2009, 10:32:55 AM »
Right but one would assume they have to sub for Dukes, right? Putting us a man down.

So does Morgan then have to wear a Pirates home uniform?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #749: July 09, 2009, 10:33:31 AM »
Is this going to be on XM?

Game picks up when?