Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 3  (Read 16567 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 3
« Reply #300: May 02, 2010, 05:27:55 PM »
The animated gif in IE8 is OUTSTANDING!  :icon_mrgreen:

:bow:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #301: May 02, 2010, 05:37:10 PM »
Yeah, my video camera is H264. I wish it were easier to burn to dvd though.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #302: May 02, 2010, 05:43:11 PM »
Yeah, my video camera is H264. I wish it were easier to burn to dvd though.

Tried Windows Live Movie Maker?  It's surprisingly easy to use and effective.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #303: May 02, 2010, 06:00:04 PM »
Tried Windows Live Movie Maker?  It's surprisingly easy to use and effective.

Not Live no, the one that comes with 7 didn't like the format. They are H264 Quicktimes. Live is free, so that's good.

Offline Air Desmond

« Reply #304: May 02, 2010, 08:31:15 PM »
glad to see everything has returned to normal. the Nats had me spooked for a second. i actually believed they were a competitive baseball team! *gasp*

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #305: May 02, 2010, 09:29:44 PM »
They are when Lannan isn't pitching.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #306: May 02, 2010, 10:05:59 PM »
glad to see everything has returned to normal. the Nats had me spooked for a second. i actually believed they were a competitive baseball team! *gasp*

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

Offline Zoidberg

« Reply #307: May 02, 2010, 10:56:01 PM »
What is wrong with lannan i didnt see the game but what is up?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #308: May 02, 2010, 11:04:00 PM »
What is wrong with lannan i didnt see the game but what is up?

Pitched horribly. No explanation.

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #309: May 02, 2010, 11:06:26 PM »
Pitched horribly. No explanation.

5 for 6 in that regard this season.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #310: May 03, 2010, 02:22:59 AM »
5 for 6 in that regard this season.
he was bad on sunday ... but against the cubs he pitched a quality start (no way getting around that) and pitched a gem against the brewers and then got the win against the mets. 

i think he'll come around.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #311: May 03, 2010, 07:47:19 AM »
he was bad on sunday ... but against the cubs he pitched a quality start (no way getting around that) and pitched a gem against the brewers and then got the win against the mets. 

i think he'll come around.

Lannan is this kind of pitcher. He relies upon painting the black, and staying ahead of hitters. If he has an off day at all, he can struggle, because his stuff isn't good enough to overcome that (not that he is alone there.) But more than most, he must stay ahead of hitters to be effective or he will simply walk too many guys and/or allow them to sit on a pitch he has to serve up in the zone. And if he is leaving the ball up, he's SOL. If he has his control, stays ahead of hitters, and induced balls that the defense can help him out, he can battle out of jams and look brilliant. But if not, he can look like crap.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #312: May 03, 2010, 08:26:51 AM »
Lannan is this kind of pitcher. He relies upon painting the black, and staying ahead of hitters. If he has an off day at all, he can struggle, because his stuff isn't good enough to overcome that (not that he is alone there.) But more than most, he must stay ahead of hitters to be effective or he will simply walk too many guys and/or allow them to sit on a pitch he has to serve up in the zone. And if he is leaving the ball up, he's SOL. If he has his control, stays ahead of hitters, and induced balls that the defense can help him out, he can battle out of jams and look brilliant. But if not, he can look like crap.

If we can replace him in the rotation with guys like Zimmermann that can miss bats and reduce the margin of error, then we should. That's all I'm saying.

Lannan is a smart guy. He is cool and collected, and that rubs off on the entire team. He's an A1 Rizzo-type character guy. And his charity work is excellent, especially for a guy who hasn't made the bucks yet. He even pays attention to the fans.

But he's struggling and this team needs wins. The option I've been calling for is roster management. Lannan's closest comparable on the team is Livan. They don't have stuff, they don't miss bats, but they are at the extremes of success and failure for that style right now. They should regress to middling, it's an inevitability. But Lannan's brains and unflappability, and Livo's sneakiness and smarts make them Major Leaguers, and successful ones. But if Lannan's sucking it up, then you keep Olsen around, who is a more talented pitcher.

I also have a crazy theory about Lannan and hot weather, I'd like to run the data when I have free time in like 20 years.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #313: May 03, 2010, 08:28:10 AM »
On Sunday he was getting squeezed on the corner. The umpire was dreadful.

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #314: May 03, 2010, 08:48:37 AM »
This is the 4th time that I haven't been able to catch a game and we've ended up losing, I'm not superstitious but I feel like every time I don't watch the game we lose.   :?

Offline The Chief

« Reply #315: May 03, 2010, 09:48:26 AM »
Lannan talk moved to rotation thread, starting here:

http://www.wnff.net/index.php/topic,17581.msg551935.html#msg551935