Author Topic: Define Natitude  (Read 118692 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Define Natitude - Dream Mother Freaking Team
« Reply #525: January 05, 2012, 01:06:55 PM »
Where will Adrian Gonzalez play if you get Fielder?   :crackup:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:clap: :worship:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #526: January 05, 2012, 01:07:13 PM »

Dear Linty,

Thanks so much for your input.  You saved us $$$$ by not having to hire a consultant.  However after a thorough review of your excellent suggestions, we find them not to be cost-effective.

sincerely,

Marky Mark and Teddy Grams

Chief you forgot one signature at the bottom.  :lol:

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #527: January 05, 2012, 01:38:21 PM »
If they'd do the following... they could easily start to build a fanbase.

- Switch an affiliate to either Richmond or Norfolk. You need that Virginia base much more than you do Pennsylvania or New York. Nothing against Harrisburg or Syracuse, but a Nats farm team needs to be in Richmond or Norfolk to build brand recognition.

Since Richmond is currently a AA franchise, that would mean that we drop Harrisburg, which has newly rebuilt facilities for Richmond - which has been trying to get a new stadium built.

- Norfolk is fine, but it's not close to here, and the Norfolk franchise is owned by a group that also owns the Frederick and Bowie franchises. OK, but now it is not. I can't tell who owns the Norfolk franchise now.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #528: January 05, 2012, 01:41:55 PM »
Since Richmond is currently a AA franchise, that would mean that we drop Harrisburg, which has newly rebuilt facilities for Richmond - which has been trying to get a new stadium built.

- Norfolk is fine, but it's not close to here, and the Norfolk franchise is owned by a group that also owns the Frederick and Bowie franchises. OK, but now it is not. I can't tell who owns the Norfolk franchise now.

Flip flop the Giants for the Nats and send the Giants AA to Harrisburg. If there's going to be a stadium built in Richmond, the Giants/Nats aren't going to be on the hook... it'll be the city.

Regardless, building a fanbase should start in the state of VA/MD... not having farm teams out in PA and NY.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #529: January 05, 2012, 01:47:56 PM »
harrisburg isn't all that far from DC though.  plus as comish said the ballpark/city are awesome.  the caps minor league affiliate is around there too.

i agree on moving from syracuse (and maybe auburn) but i'm happy with the other locations.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #530: January 05, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »
Where will Adrian Gonzalez play if you get Fielder?   
DTouche!

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #531: January 05, 2012, 02:29:06 PM »
Well, we'll see what happens with Harrisburg after last fall's flood, but an SF / Nats swap of affiliates might make sense. I don't think either is important to SF's fan base, and I think Harrisburg is almost as accessible to west coast via Dulles and BWI as Richmond is. Not much coast to coast from Richmond, I'd imagine?

Maybe the smart call is to concede I-83 to Bal'mer and build a fanbase on I-95 / I-66 in VA.  I don't think you should bother with Delmarva and VaBeach too much in terms of displacing the Os there.  The Os likely will fight.  Relocate the P-Nats to someplace along I-66 or maybe Charlottesville, move h-burg to Richmond, and keep the Suns either in Hagerstown or in Winchester.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #532: January 05, 2012, 02:53:13 PM »
harrisburg isn't all that far from DC though. 

It is when the majority of your market extends to the south of dc, and it makes no sense sitting in a state with two teams and in the Os back yard

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #533: January 05, 2012, 03:04:19 PM »

It is when the majority of your market extends to the south of dc, and it makes no sense sitting in a state with two teams and in the Os back yard

so the nats should cater to just VA because there are a lot of nats fans there?  there are a lot of nats fans in DC.  there are a lot of nats fan in Maryland. 

harrisburg is about an hour and a half from DC and i know of plenty of nats fans that have made the trip up there.  and again that area is pretty big on DC sports with the Hershey Bears/Harrisburg Senators parent clubs in DC. 

if there is any affiliate that needs to move is at the AAA level.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #534: January 05, 2012, 03:09:15 PM »
so the nats should cater to just VA because there are a lot of nats fans there?  there are a lot of nats fans in DC.  there are a lot of nats fan in Maryland. 

harrisburg is about an hour and a half from DC and i know of plenty of nats fans that have made the trip up there.  and again that area is pretty big on DC sports with the Hershey Bears/Harrisburg Senators parent clubs in DC. 

if there is any affiliate that needs to move is at the AAA level.

The Nats should cater to VA and MD (unless you want an affiliate in woodley park to cater to DC). AAA certainly needs to move, but having an affiliate situated in pennsylvania isn't going to do much for the fan base. Right now, the only bone they throw VA fans is in A ball. Richmond, Charlottesville, and Hampton Roads could all support affiliates and are all in the nationals territory, charles county or PG should be worth considering (screw angelos if he objects) if the PNats can't get a stadium

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #535: January 05, 2012, 03:11:14 PM »
The Nats should cater to VA and MD (unless you want an affiliate in woodley park to cater to DC). AAA certainly needs to move, but having an affiliate situated in pennsylvania isn't going to do much for the fan base. Right now, the only bone they throw VA fans is in A ball. Richmond, Charlottesville, and Hampton Roads could all support affiliates and are all in the nationals territory

from what I remember there were rumors that the club wanted to move to Richmond for AAA purposes, but because of The Diamond situation, no deal was reached. 

any affiliate that is less than two hours away is fine in my book. 

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #536: January 05, 2012, 03:13:52 PM »
from what I remember there were rumors that the club wanted to move to Richmond for AAA purposes, but because of The Diamond situation, no deal was reached. 

thanks to the beltway, one fan's two hours is another's four hours. It's nitpicking, but I would like to see more VA affiliates and an MD affiliate.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #537: January 05, 2012, 03:18:51 PM »
thanks to the beltway, one fan's two hours is another's four hours. It's nitpicking, but I would like to see more VA affiliates and an MD affiliate.

yeah but from nats park it's 1.5 hours away.  and that's pretty fair for both the team and fan base alike.

really wish richmond would work out though.  just a great fit.  (or norfolk if the o's weren't there)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #538: January 05, 2012, 05:31:21 PM »

We should run from the fight?

:roll:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #539: January 05, 2012, 05:51:27 PM »
The focus of this thread is on bashing ownership and management for a complete lack of offseason moves.  It will be considered trolling to post a comment about advanced statistics.  It will be assumed that the team will have a budget somewhere in the $45 - $55 MM range, so "sign anybody" will be assumed to be trolling too.  Posts should be focused on discussion of missed opportunities, worthless trades, and other general unfounded attacks on the old man who can easily afford to have us all disappear under a major construction site.  Comments on various players and how they prefer to play for any other MLB team will be welcome, especially if they focus on their baseball abilities and general common sense.

If you want to substantive dialog, then please post in the Ballpark Guys forum.

I just arrived home to find what appears to be substantive dialog in this thread.  Please consider this a first warning to all offenders.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #540: January 05, 2012, 07:05:54 PM »

I'm just curious, how many teams AAA team are within 2 hours of the parent club?

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #541: January 05, 2012, 07:08:34 PM »
I'm just curious, how many teams AAA team are within 2 hours of the parent club?

Tacoma, Scranton, and Colorado Springs are pretty close, right?

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #542: January 05, 2012, 07:20:08 PM »

Boston, Philly, Atlanta, Cincy, Detroit, Denver, Seattle, Oakland are within two hours.

Yanks, Cleveland are 2:30

Texas, San Francisco are 3 hours.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #543: January 05, 2012, 07:20:56 PM »
I just learned that there was a new AAA team called the Tucson Padres... used to be the Beavers (which I knew).

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #544: January 05, 2012, 07:23:31 PM »
Boston, Philly, Atlanta, Cincy, Detroit, Denver, Seattle, Oakland are within two hours.

Yanks, Cleveland are 2:30

Texas, San Francisco are 3 hours.

Thanks.  Kansas City is 3 hours too, btw...

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #545: January 05, 2012, 07:25:18 PM »

Boston is the model I'd like to follow - AAA very close and the rest of the affiliates circling the home team aslo very close in- AAA in Richmond or Norfolk would probably be the equivalent in the DC region

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #546: January 05, 2012, 07:27:05 PM »
Boston is the model I'd like to follow - AAA very close and the rest of the affiliates circling the home team aslo very close in- AAA in Richmond or Norfolk would probably be the equivalent in the DC region

gotcha.  I always think it makes sense to have the affiliates close to the parent club.  Especially the AAA and AA clubs.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #547: January 05, 2012, 07:27:54 PM »
Can't wait to root for the Silver Spring Lewis Blacks in 2020.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #548: January 05, 2012, 07:47:06 PM »
Thanks.  Kansas City is 3 hours too, btw...

You're right, I started with the 3 hour teams after I had done KC.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #549: January 06, 2012, 08:03:09 AM »
Scranton 2.5 hours from NYC?  Depends on who is driving and the time of day.  8)