Author Topic: Home Game 1 - Word on time?  (Read 12779 times)

Offline eddiejc1

• http://www.femfour.com
Re: Home Game 1 - Word on time?
« Reply #75: October 08, 2012, 05:29:10 AM »
So once they announce the start, is that it? Like say tomorrow they announce 1pm, Tuesday the Reds sweep. Would the game be locked, or do they move it? Since we won't know the sweep happens until bedtime Tuesday, they'd have to announce the time before then.

Maybe, with any luck, the Reds up 2-0 they'll anticipate a sweep and give them the 1pm assuming the Giants continue to suck hardcore. I've never been as desperate for something outside of my control as I am for us not getting that 1pm start, since as I said, I've got something that's been set for months which is both vital and immoveable. 1pm appointment, should take at most an hour. 4pm would be fine even if traffic would be a total nag.

I guess the Oakland series is pointless to care about, since it's a lock for 10pm. If Detroit sweeps, it means nothing since all the other teams are playing East of the Mississippi, right?

I don't think the Oakland game is necessarily a lock for 10 PM, because the networks may assume there are people in Detroit who want to watch the game. If all four games are playing, I would not be surprised if it turned out to be Cards-Nats 12 Noon; Giants-Reds 3 PM; Tigers-A's 6PM (3PM PDT); O's-Yanks 9PM.