Author Topic: Don't Divide the Forum  (Read 16229 times)

Offline Hondo

Re: Hondo's rant on merging forums
« Reply #25: February 19, 2008, 04:41:53 PM »
And if I want to see what new threads are up or look at other threads?  Or I want to see the recent news?  It doesnt make sense to find "work arounds".... 

My point was that you DON'T need to check 2 forums at all. You can click on "Show new replies to your posts." at the top and it'll show you all the threads you posted to that have responses. It's quite simple, actually.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #26: February 19, 2008, 04:42:06 PM »
Boards 100 times bigger than this one dont need to divide their boards...  It's crazy that we signed Odalis Perez and there is nothing about it in the general forum. 

I don't see anything crazy about having trades, transactions or rumors go in the "trades, transactions or rumors" subsection of the forum.  It's no big deal at all to click on any forum where new posts have occured, scan the threads and read new posts.

I don't feel very strongly about it, and accordingly don't see how anyone else could feel strongly about it either.  It just isn't a big deal.

Offline Hondo

« Reply #27: February 19, 2008, 04:42:58 PM »
People will always moan, but atleast it will make sense...

I can see it now. The format is changed and then people moan about the new setup.

On another OT note, the movie Hondo is about to air on TCM under its original 1953 format :lol:

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #28: February 19, 2008, 04:43:33 PM »
Please dont get me wrong and get defensive..

I think the board and it's users are great.  I have converted from another board because of that.  I just think that it would make it so much better and I know that the reason I was on another board was because of this divided setup.

In all honesty, I'm with you if it makes it easier on new posters. It wouldn't hurt the board AT ALL to make the change. Not that much is put in that forum anyways. It's more of a space-filler as I see it.

Offline Hondo

« Reply #29: February 19, 2008, 04:43:56 PM »
I'm not saying the world is going to end, but if you really think about it....it makes sense.

I don't see anything crazy about having trades, transactions or rumors go in the "trades, transactions or rumors" subsection of the forum.  It's no big deal at all to click on any forum where new posts have occured, scan the threads and read new posts.

I don't feel very strongly about it, and accordingly don't see how anyone else could feel strongly about it either.  It just isn't a big deal.

Offline Hondo

« Reply #30: February 19, 2008, 04:44:53 PM »
Thank you.  I think it would make this board look better and would be more attractive...

In all honesty, I'm with you if it makes it easier on new posters. It wouldn't hurt the board AT ALL to make the change. Not that much is put in that forum anyways. It's more of a space-filler as I see it.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #31: February 19, 2008, 04:46:48 PM »
You could also open up separate tabs and navigate around. I'm just saying

Offline Hondo

« Reply #32: February 19, 2008, 04:49:50 PM »
Again, why make it more complicated than it needs to be?  This board isnt active enough to divide the board.  I know it's a slower time of the year, but the last thread on the front page was last replied to 10 days ago.  On the Trades forum...the last thread is from dec 3rd.

You could also open up separate tabs and navigate around. I'm just saying

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #33: February 19, 2008, 05:01:02 PM »
You could also just merge this thread with the other one in the board questions section. Sheesh.

Offline Hondo

« Reply #34: February 19, 2008, 05:05:23 PM »
only if you wanted to hide the topic....

why not just make the board better?

You could also just merge this thread with the other one in the board questions section. Sheesh.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #35: February 19, 2008, 05:06:44 PM »
I can see it now. The format is changed and then people moan about the new setup.

On another OT note, the movie Hondo is about to air on TCM under its original 1953 format :lol:

Wasn't that Al Bundy's favorite movie?

Offline Hondo

« Reply #36: February 19, 2008, 05:07:54 PM »
Isnt that everyone's favorite movie?

Wasn't that Al Bundy's favorite movie?

« Reply #37: February 19, 2008, 05:14:57 PM »
Again, why make it more complicated than it needs to be? 

Since when has clicking on the appropriate labeled section with a mouse button been deemed complicated?

Offline eckseid

« Reply #38: February 19, 2008, 05:15:02 PM »
You keep bringing up the post about Perez not being in general forum's yet the post in the trade section has 36 replies. If I want to see what trade's are going on ill pop over to that part of the forum and look at it.

I personally like how the board's are setup and I really don't see this as a pressing issue. Also, don't we already have one of these thread's in the Suggestion forum?

Offline Hondo

« Reply #39: February 19, 2008, 05:28:38 PM »
You guys are missing the point....

Why make it more complicated than it needs to be?  You keep giving me work arounds, telling me that it's just this or just that to do it.  Why not just make it right?  Make it easier.... Make it make sense!

I have yet to see one good reason for having it divided.....

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #40: February 19, 2008, 05:31:59 PM »
Since when has clicking on the appropriate labeled section with a mouse button been deemed complicated?

Exactly, what the hell is so hard about clicking on the Trades&Transactions section?  It takes mere seconds unless you still run on dial-up. 

Offline eckseid

« Reply #41: February 19, 2008, 05:32:20 PM »
I don't want to see thread's like "Young has lost weight" mixed with "Nats aquire so and so".

This is the General Discussion board, where we talk about thing's like Young losing weight, the stadium and even how crappy the mlb board's are compared to this one. This board is organized and it just work's. I want to be able to see all the trade post in order and not have to search around for a post burried under a post with the title "O's fans suck!".

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #42: February 19, 2008, 05:32:57 PM »

Why make it more complicated than it needs to be?  You keep giving me work arounds, telling me that it's just this or just that to do it.  Why not just make it right?  Make it easier.... Make it make sense!

At this point I'd recommend just trying to get used to it as it currently is set up. It really won't slow you down navigating around once you get used to it. Trust me, though, use the "Show unread posts since last visit" and
"Show new replies to your posts." It makes it a lot easier.

« Reply #43: February 19, 2008, 05:35:26 PM »

And my I ask who the hell are you to make the determination of what is right or what works around here?

You seem to be the only one finding this simple, organized set-up "challenging" and "lacking sense."  You obviously have pled your case but you are a minority on this board.  The majority find nothing wrong with the structure of this board and the WEBMASTER of this board has already told you that since that majority is happy as the board stands, no changes will be made.  It's as democratic as you can get. 

How is this not making sense to you?

Offline Hondo

« Reply #44: February 19, 2008, 05:36:07 PM »
It's not hard to do, but it's annoying.

AGAIN.....WHY NOT JUST MAKE IT EASIER?

I am telling you from an outside perspective it's annoying.  It looks as if the board is not active.. It doesnt make sense and amkes you wonder about the board.

And again, I am still waiting for a good reason to have it divided..

Exactly, what the hell is so hard about clicking on the Trades&Transactions section?  It takes mere seconds unless you still run on dial-up. 

« Reply #45: February 19, 2008, 05:38:21 PM »
It's not hard to do, but it's annoying.

AGAIN.....WHY NOT JUST MAKE IT EASIER?

I am telling you from an outside perspective it's annoying.  It looks as if the board is not active.. It doesnt make sense and amkes you wonder about the board.

And again, I am still waiting for a good reason to have it divided..

No, that makes YOU wonder.  We are not here to favor your personal perspectives.  If you don't take the time to find out what this place is all about that is your personal issue, not ours.

Offline Hondo

« Reply #46: February 19, 2008, 05:38:41 PM »
Just because people have gotten use to it doesnt mean that it makes any sense...

I'm telling you that hurting the possibility of new users coming on board..

Offline Hondo

« Reply #47: February 19, 2008, 05:40:24 PM »
Dont get all defensive guys...

Offline eckseid

« Reply #48: February 19, 2008, 05:41:45 PM »
I gave you a good reason for it Hondo, do the majority of us have to agree on a good reason to make it a good reason in your eye's?

People have there own reason's why something should be a certain way, I personally gave you a good reason so don't sit there and say "You guy's haven't given me a good reason yet".

Offline Hondo

« Reply #49: February 19, 2008, 05:43:39 PM »
Yeah, it would be terrible to see the 3 other threads that have been posted the past WEEK!

I don't want to see thread's like "Young has lost weight" mixed with "Nats aquire so and so".

This is the General Discussion board, where we talk about thing's like Young losing weight, the stadium and even how crappy the mlb board's are compared to this one. This board is organized and it just work's. I want to be able to see all the trade post in order and not have to search around for a post burried under a post with the title "O's fans suck!".