Author Topic: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List  (Read 168308 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Re: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List
« Reply #300: March 19, 2012, 01:45:23 PM »
texas forever

Greatest TV character ever.  "Texas forever, Six".

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #301: March 19, 2012, 02:34:45 PM »
Prometheus is going to be so good.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #302: March 19, 2012, 03:10:58 PM »
What.  The actual.  freak....  for real?  That's a thing?
You obviously haven't watched the Cinema Snob before.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #303: March 19, 2012, 03:14:48 PM »

Ridley Scott is the crap. I'm not a sci-fi fan, but I'll definitely watch this one.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #304: March 19, 2012, 06:35:12 PM »

:thumbs:

Ridley Scott is the crap. I'm not a sci-fi fan, but I'll definitely watch this one.

You better like the first two Alien movies or I'll ban you right now :razz: :lol:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #305: March 19, 2012, 06:46:39 PM »
James Cameron directed Aliens, not Scott.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #306: March 19, 2012, 06:47:42 PM »
James Cameron directed Aliens, not Scott.

Correct, but that wasn't my point.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #307: March 19, 2012, 07:03:44 PM »
Speaking of Prometheus, here's the kick ass new trailer for it!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #308: March 19, 2012, 07:07:38 PM »
Also, Bay's out to ruin even more of my childhood.

http://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-aliens/

Michel Bay is making Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fans nervous. Set aside for the moment any question about whether or not the turtles are anything people should be nervous about — if you’re going to make a movie about mutant turtles, that’s what they should be, right? But a recent statement from Bay suggests that he’s really making a movie about aliens rather than about turtles that rapidly evolve into bipedal creatures thanks to mutagenic ooze.

Speaking about the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which Bay’s Platinum Dunes is producing and Jonathan Liebesman (Battle: Los Angeles, Wrath of the Titans) will direct, Bay said:

These turtles are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny, and completely lovable.

Bay hasn’t yet had anything to say on his own Shoot for the Edit forums, which is where he usually speaks out when questions arise. The director (who is acting as producer on TMNT) could have misspoken, or could be referring somehow to an alien origin leading to the turtle mutation — maybe the ooze is some alien stuff, like the weird energy source in Chronicle that makes the kids develop powers. Or maybe the turtles are really aliens. And again, we’re talking about mutant ninja turtles. But they’re mutant ninja turtles with a lot of fans, and if you’re going to make a film about them, then why bother changing it up?

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #309: March 19, 2012, 07:27:28 PM »
Speaking of Prometheus, here's the kick ass new trailer for it!

That trailer looks amazing. I don't care what Scott says, this has a connection to "Alien". The aliens may not appear in this movie, but there is definitely some connection.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #310: March 19, 2012, 07:29:29 PM »

http://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-aliens/

Oh god please no :bang:

That trailer looks amazing. I don't care what Scott says, this has a connection to "Alien". The aliens may not appear in this movie, but there is definitely some connection.

That's pretty clearly the space jockey or a member of his race in the trailer, along with the ship from Alien or one like it.  I think they've kind of given up the idea that this isn't set in the Alien universe, though as you say there probably won't be any actual "aliens" (though it does appear we may be seeing the creation/evolution of the aliens)

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #311: March 19, 2012, 07:37:39 PM »
You better like the first two Alien movies or I'll ban you right now :razz: :lol:

I gave Alien a 7 and Aliens a 5.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #312: March 19, 2012, 07:38:13 PM »
Oh god please no :bang:

That's pretty clearly the space jockey or a member of his race in the trailer, along with the ship from Alien or one like it.  I think they've kind of given up the idea that this isn't set in the Alien universe, though as you say there probably won't be any actual "aliens" (though it does appear we may be seeing the creation/evolution of the aliens)

I agree. I think this movie will explain how the alien species came to be. I agree with the biogenetic weapon theory. The question is....who made them and why? Something clearly went wrong, as shown in the original "Alien" movie. The Nostromo responded to a distress call, which was really a warning to stay away.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #313: March 20, 2012, 12:13:24 AM »

I agree. I think this movie will explain how the alien species came to be. I agree with the biogenetic weapon theory. The question is....who made them and why? Something clearly went wrong, as shown in the original "Alien" movie. The Nostromo responded to a distress call, which was really a warning to stay away.

I read Scott said it was definitely in the same universe as the Alien movie but that it wasn't a direct prequel. I do know that that machine/ship definitely is The Space Jockey and that they'll have some connection to this film. The thing that excites me about the movie is that its definitely the scary sci-fi movie I've been waiting for. And to top it all off, it explains a lot of lore/myths from the Alien universe. It seems like this movie could give the same vibe as the video game Dead Space. (I loved Sunshine and Moon for the record)

I gave Alien a 7 and Aliens a 5.

:shock: at Aliens being a 5. I mean, thats like, your, opinion, man... but I liked it as an action movie. It was interesting to see Alien go as a horror flick to Aliens go as an action/scary flick to Aliens 3 as a scary/drama.

Aliens had some of the best lines in it (and most were from Bill Paxton!): "Game over, man!" and "Nuke it from orbit"

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #314: March 20, 2012, 12:14:30 AM »
Oh and I find the UK/International trailer to be so much better!

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #315: March 21, 2012, 06:05:20 AM »

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #316: March 21, 2012, 12:00:09 PM »

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #317: March 21, 2012, 12:39:28 PM »
I'm saying it's an apostrophe-free zone.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #318: March 21, 2012, 02:45:00 PM »
I'm saying it's an apostrophe-free zone.

(Image removed from quote.)

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #319: March 21, 2012, 10:17:36 PM »

yes please

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #320: March 22, 2012, 01:05:52 AM »
:thumbs:

:couch: I've never seen them.  That trailer looks neat, though.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #321: March 22, 2012, 06:36:23 AM »
:couch: I've never seen them.  That trailer looks neat, though.

Seriously? I would suggest that you go and see them immediately. If not, the Chief should ban you and any mention of your name by a board member from that point on should be a bannable offense.  :lol:

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #322: March 22, 2012, 06:02:26 PM »
Seriously? I would suggest that you go and see them immediately. If not, the Chief should ban you and any mention of your name by a board member from that point on should be a bannable offense.  :lol:

I've seen bits and pieces when I was a kid, like the multi-mouth thing and the thing coming out of the dude's stomach, but the whole movie?  Nope.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #323: March 28, 2012, 10:43:43 PM »
A Three Stooges movie?  Seriously?  Wow.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #324: March 28, 2012, 11:20:18 PM »

yes please

Dang it, there's almost never been a bad John Cusack movie, but that's some pretty crummy acting.

Still, it's only a trailer, and trailers always suck. I'll probably see it.