Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 424149 times)

Offline CarolinaNatsFan

• Washington DC` the most powerful city in the world
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1875: March 03, 2012, 04:53:01 PM »
I actually was born in DC and have always rooted for Washington's teams.  Yeah Rock Hill is about 20 miles south of Charlotte, NC.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #1876: March 03, 2012, 11:49:00 PM »
Hello my name is Mike 'CarolinaNatsFan' from Rock Hill, SC.  I must say that I am glad I found a place here called home.  Thanks for having me.

Welcome Mike. I have family in Rock Hill.

Offline CurlyW79

« Reply #1877: March 21, 2012, 12:27:00 AM »
Raging Nats fan living in Richmond, VA.  I used to read/post on the fan forum through the Nats official site (the censored message board).  I was browsing the internet for news/topics on the Nationals and came across this site.  My favorite Nats player is Stephen Strasburg. I'm staying optimistic that the Richmond Flying Squirrels AA team will end their affiliation with the SF Giants someday and sign with the Nationals. It would make so much more sense.  Not sure why the Squirrels want to be affiliated with a team on the other side of the country.  They're already #1 in attendance in the Eastern League, even with the Giants affiliation and playing in a crumbling 30 year old ballpark. 

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #1878: March 21, 2012, 08:44:42 AM »
Raging Nats fan living in Richmond, VA.  I used to read/post on the fan forum through the Nats official site (the censored message board).  I was browsing the internet for news/topics on the Nationals and came across this site.  My favorite Nats player is Stephen Strasburg. I'm staying optimistic that the Richmond Flying Squirrels AA team will end their affiliation with the SF Giants someday and sign with the Nationals. It would make so much more sense.  Not sure why the Squirrels want to be affiliated with a team on the other side of the country.  They're already #1 in attendance in the Eastern League, even with the Giants affiliation and playing in a crumbling 30 year old ballpark. 

Welcome Curly, so you and the Chief are neighbors??
When's Richmond going to build a new ball park??

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1879: March 21, 2012, 08:57:46 AM »

We have a contingent of WNFF'ers in Richmond.    My son's there as well at VCU but he ain't much of a baseball fan.    Takes after his mother.     Welcome  :w:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1880: March 21, 2012, 03:01:59 PM »
Welcome CurlyW!

I do some score keeping for the Squirrels from time to time!

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #1881: March 21, 2012, 04:27:59 PM »
Hi I'm Kirk (sort of obvious from my forum handle)
Not sure why I never joined this before, or hadn't registered til now (maybe I had before and forgot?). Anyway I'm here now. Fan of the Nats since the Inaugural season, before that was a fan of the Senators team that became the Rangers, also been a semi-O's fan. As a kid I was kinda into the Expos, the Cubs and A's of all teams. But was mostly a football fan during the years there was NO Baseball in DC. Now I'm basically just a Homie fan o the Nats and O's. I consider the Nats the "Home" team, even though I'm in MD and the O's never left MD.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #1882: March 21, 2012, 05:30:02 PM »
Welcome CurlyW!

I do some score keeping for the Squirrels from time to time!

So what you're saying is you want to hook me up with some free tickets ;)

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #1883: March 21, 2012, 06:20:05 PM »
Hi - I feel a little funny introducing myself, since as far as I'm concerned, I've been here a long time.  I've been lurking the board for months and months and finally got round to having a handle.  I read all 200+ pages of Fielder, know why Azzclown is an azzclown, and fear the DINOSAUR IN A freakING TRASHCAN!   :lol:
Anyway, I've been a fan since '05 and followed the team through the late '05 swoon, the dark years and now to the "legitmately frisky possible contender."  I'll keep my SSS v. LAC allegiances to myself - I'm waiting to see what I get in terms of free agent offers.  :lol: Anyway, hi.
BEWARE: Sometimes he comes out to games!

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #1884: March 21, 2012, 06:36:29 PM »
Raging Nats fan living in Richmond, VA.  I used to read/post on the fan forum through the Nats official site (the censored message board). I was browsing the internet for news/topics on the Nationals and came across this site.  My favorite Nats player is Stephen Strasburg. I'm staying optimistic that the Richmond Flying Squirrels AA team will end their affiliation with the SF Giants someday and sign with the Nationals. It would make so much more sense.  Not sure why the Squirrels want to be affiliated with a team on the other side of the country.  They're already #1 in attendance in the Eastern League, even with the Giants affiliation and playing in a crumbling 30 year old ballpark.
Most of the longtime WNFF members migrated from the Nationals' MLB board in 2005, when it was not moderated and constantly overrun with spammers.

I've been hearing for years that Richmond wants a new minor league stadium.  Virginia doesn't seem like the type of place to give a  free stadium to a private owner

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #1885: March 21, 2012, 09:39:02 PM »
Welcome Curly W and Capt Kirk42.

Seems like Kirk has that whole Star Trek/Life the Universe and Everything vibe (the answer is 42).

Like you, I was a Senators fan late 60's early 70.  Then an O's fan, and now MOSTLY a NATS FAN.  I root for the O's against anyone but the NATS.  I grew up in Montgomery County but now live in Virginia.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #1886: March 21, 2012, 10:02:58 PM »
welcome everyone!

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #1887: March 21, 2012, 11:36:52 PM »
Hi I'm Kirk (sort of obvious from my forum handle)
Not sure why I never joined this before, or hadn't registered til now (maybe I had before and forgot?). Anyway I'm here now. Fan of the Nats since the Inaugural season, before that was a fan of the Senators team that became the Rangers, also been a semi-O's fan. As a kid I was kinda into the Expos, the Cubs and A's of all teams. But was mostly a football fan during the years there was NO Baseball in DC. Now I'm basically just a Homie fan o the Nats and O's. I consider the Nats the "Home" team, even though I'm in MD and the O's never left MD.

Happy 81st birthday!

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #1888: March 21, 2012, 11:39:15 PM »
Welcome Curly W and Capt Kirk42.

Seems like Kirk has that whole Star Trek/Life the Universe and Everything vibe (the answer is 42).

Like you, I was a Senators fan late 60's early 70.  Then an O's fan, and now MOSTLY a NATS FAN.  I root for the O's against anyone but the NATS.  I grew up in Montgomery County but now live in Virginia.

Calsgr8,
Can't fool you, you know where your towel is.
I'm still in Monkey county, born in DC spent most of my life in Wheaton. Currently in Silver Spring/Colesville/Burtonsville area.

Offline JPC

« Reply #1889: April 01, 2012, 05:02:24 PM »
Die hard Nats fan here, from Fairfax.  Been a fan since day 1, grew up a Pirates fan since my dad is from Pittsburgh and DC didn't have a team.  Never liked the O's and still don't.   My least favorite teams are the Braves(they cost me from going to the world series a couple times in the early 90's), the Yankees and the Red Soxs.  I never knew this site excised until someone posted a link on the MLB owned Nats forum site.  My favorite Nat is probably Jordan Zimmermann along with Strasburg.  Least Favorite is Desmond which is probably a pretty popular answer. 

Offline mitlen

« Reply #1890: April 01, 2012, 05:15:45 PM »
Die hard Nats fan here, from Fairfax.  Been a fan since day 1, grew up a Pirates fan since my dad is from Pittsburgh and DC didn't have a team.  Never liked the O's and still don't.   My least favorite teams are the Braves(they cost me from going to the world series a couple times in the early 90's), the Yankees and the Red Soxs.  I never knew this site excised until someone posted a link on the MLB owned Nats forum site.  My favorite Nat is probably Jordan Zimmermann along with Strasburg.  Least Favorite is Desmond which is probably a pretty popular answer. 

Welcome  ...  I lost my heart on October 14, 1992.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/pirates/the-slide-the-moment-that-begat-a-legacy-of-losing-for-the-pirates-629357/

Offline JPC

« Reply #1891: April 01, 2012, 07:11:46 PM »
Welcome  ...  I lost my heart on October 14, 1992.

I was only 13 and my Dads friend worked for the Pirates so we had playoff tickets for all the games in Pittsburgh every year.  My 13 year old self cried a little that night.  I know there's no crying in Baseball but when you are 13 and are so invested in a team with World Series tickets in hand, it hurts a little.

Hopefully I'll get to go to the World Series in a couple years here in DC.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #1892: April 01, 2012, 07:15:36 PM »
I was only 13 and my Dads friend worked for the Pirates so we had playoff tickets for all the games in Pittsburgh every year.  My 13 year old self cried a little that night.  I know there's no crying in Baseball but when you are 13 and are so invested in a team with World Series tickets in hand, it hurts a little.

Hopefully I'll get to go to the World Series in a couple this years here in DC.

FTFY :koolaid:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #1893: April 02, 2012, 11:34:01 AM »

Hopefully I'll get to go to the World Series in a couple years here in DC.

Heck, I cried.    I was in my 40's.    LOL    I still get misty eyed.

Offline atodasoh

« Reply #1894: April 05, 2012, 02:38:29 PM »
Hello, I'm an expos fan who followed the team to Washington (minus a two week period when I decided I was going to follow Vlad to the Angels instead). I'm from London ON, or thereabouts.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #1895: April 05, 2012, 06:07:56 PM »
Hello, I'm an expos fan who followed the team to Washington (minus a two week period when I decided I was going to follow Vlad to the Angels instead). I'm from London ON, or thereabouts.

Thereabouts, Ontario, Canada  2W3 L8T     Welcome !

Offline Born-AgainNatsFan

• UVA's greatest gifts to mankind: Zimm and me :D
« Reply #1896: April 05, 2012, 06:31:27 PM »
Hello, Everyone. As my name hints at, I am a "Born-Again Nats Fan"....I used to be on this site WAY BACK IN THE DAY as "Nationalzfanatic88" but it's been so long (apparently since May 13, 2009, 06:49:20 PM) that I forgot the password and I no longer have the email linked with that account.

Anyhoo, I was kind of young when the Nats came to town (I was about 17) and was very excited because 2005 was also my first season watching Baseball. I was really hyped and was super excited by their 50-31 start in their first season. But as a young fan (in age and fandom), I got disheartened over the first few seasons and eventually stopped following the Nats (and watching baseball all together).

But now, I'm older, wiser and excited to be following the Nats again. I'm still learning all of the team (I still miss John Patterson and Brad Wilkerson and Nick Johnson and a host of other people...It was interesting to wikipedia where they all are)....I'm glad Zimmerman is still with the team, even though it was weird to hear him referred to as a 'veteran' of the team...because in my mind he's still the 'young rookie' lol...I've got some catching up to do.

Thanks in advance for your patience with me and I look forward to once again being an avid member of this forum  :D

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #1897: April 05, 2012, 11:19:41 PM »
Atodosho and Born again, welcome!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1898: April 09, 2012, 01:12:26 PM »
Welcome!

Glad to have you aboard!

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #1899: April 09, 2012, 01:17:12 PM »
Greetings fellow Nats fanatics. Longtime lurker, first time poster here. Born and raised an O's fan here in DC and converted to the Nats on September 29th, 2004.

My best friend is a regional scout for the Nats, so I will share whatever inside info I can without compromising his identity.

Looking forward to the season, Lets Go Nats!

I was at Camden Yards on Sept 29 2004.  Ill post the T shirt I wore that night later.  It was an Expos T with

VAORDC

on the back!