Author Topic: Nyjer Morgan > Juan Pierre  (Read 3430 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
  Excellent find SSB. In the meantime, his fantasy lover will be a steady .244 at the All Star break.

Sportsfan was high-fiving him and slapping him on the back over that as well. Guess a .946 OPS is terrible :rofl:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Sportsfan was high-fiving him and slapping him on the back over that as well. Guess a .946 OPS is terrible :rofl:

I found a snapshot of the high five.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
Though you can have a light-hitting CF in your lineup, you just can't litter your lineup with them.  There's room for a Nyjer Morgan in your lineup if you can get a bonafide leadoff hitter to play SS or 2B for us.  If any one of Morgan, Hernandez or Gonzalez can pan out to be a good leadoff hitter, we'd have a really good lineup as long as the other two bat 7th and 8th.

Agreed. Morgan's defense is also a degree enough better that you can sort of get away with having guys like both Dunn and Willingham out there at the same time. You can't do that with a less rangey guy. It's why that defense up the middle is so important, because it makes everything else better and allows the team to fill lineup spots for purely offensive purposes.

Offline PANatsFan

I found a snapshot of the high five.

(Image removed from quote.)

That's from the 5th Annual Tight Pants Barefoot on the Beach convention. AZ is Vice President of the Society.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
Nook Logan > Nyjer Morgan.

Offline fan

• If Yost becomes Manager, I am done w/ the Nats.
Nook Logan > Nyjer Morgan.
Please enlighten us beyond "he's a beast".

Offline natsfan4evr

Bump

Offline BerkeleyNat

Offline UMDNats

I'm loving being wrong about Morgan. I thought he would peeter off by now, but he's quickly becoming my favorite Nat.

You can so tell he was a hockey player. Plays his ass off, always giving 100%. Gotta love him.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
^^^

This

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
I think he'll make the perfect #8 hole hitter for years to come if the Nats want to go that route.

His glove has already made him one of the most valuable players in all of the game according to fangraphs.

Put him at 8, if he gets on, either sac bunt him over or let him try his luck at stealing second and then let the leadoff guy knock him in.

Seems to me it'd work pretty damn well.

My father is a huge Buc's fan and he shakes his head every time he sees Morgan in a Nats uniform. He is so pissed. Sorry, dad.

Offline natsfan4evr

I think he'll make the perfect #8 hole hitter for years to come if the Nats want to go that route.

His glove has already made him one of the most valuable players in all of the game according to fangraphs.

Put him at 8, if he gets on, either sac bunt him over or let him try his luck at stealing second and then let the leadoff guy knock him in.

Seems to me it'd work pretty darn well.
If we were the Cards, we'd bat the pitcher #8 and put him #9. I don't like him at #8, I think he's a leadoff hitter. He can bunt for hits, and obviously create tons of havoc on the base paths. He's under our control for a long time, so no reason we shouldn't give him as much time as possible. Right now, he's a legit leadoff hitter and a +++ Center fielder. So much more than we could have asked for.

Offline PANatsFan

Offline PANatsFan

Is his name Bobs? :lol:

NOTLD could go into politics: "My father Bobs, he was a simple man.  A pluber."

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
I think Nyjer and Willie are great outfielders.  Don't do anything with them!

Is his name Bobs? :lol:

I am so sorry I upset the leadership of the Internet's Third Reich.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
I am so sorry I upset the leadership of the Internet's Third Reich.

Hold your fire there sparky. "Bobs" is from a poster that everyone laughed about a couple of weeks ago. He's not poking fun at you or your dad.

Hold your fire there sparky. "Bobs" is from a poster that everyone laughed about a couple of weeks ago. He's not poking fun at you or your dad.

No problem, old man. I just gave a joke of my own.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Does anyone know why it took morgan so long to reach the Majors (drafted in 2002 out of college), his minor league numbers look good and he produced whenever he got the chance?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/morgany01.shtml#trans

saw this in another thread, figure I'd bring it over.

as far as I've read, Morgan didn't start actually playing baseball until he was 20. up until that point he was strictly a Hockey Player.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
saw this in another thread, figure I'd bring it over.

as far as I've read, Morgan didn't start actually playing baseball until he was 20. up until that point he was strictly a Hockey Player.

His wikipedia page says he played hockey at the Major Junior level for Regina till 2000 (age 20) and then went to baseball, drafted in 02.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
His wikipedia page says he played hockey at the Major Junior level for Regina till 2000 (age 20) and then went to baseball, drafted in 02.

And you have to be a damn good hocky player to play in the Canadian Junior Majors.

Offline PANatsFan

Holy. crap.

@Teddy26Nats NatsTown, go to http://natstown.mlblogs.com/ and get a free t-shirt if you can come up with the best caption for http://twitpic.com/b96cw!

Offline DPMOmaha

That boy's got some ups.