Should Manny Acta be fired?

Yes
76 (67.3%)
No
18 (15.9%)
Ask me later in the year
19 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Should Manny Acta be fired?  (Read 33649 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

Re: Should Manny Acta be fired?
« Reply #450: June 01, 2009, 01:14:45 PM »
You don't hold him accountable for anything?  You blame it all on Jim Bowden?  I don't.  Much of it I do, but Rizzo was PART of this God-awful front office, worst in baseball.  Plus, well, he did make that brilliant trade for Kensing. 
No, not all, but the reports we got shortly after the ouster of JimBo was that Rizzo tried to get Bowden to fix those deficiencies.  Rizzo signs Beimel almost immediately in a last ditch effort to shore up the bullpen at least a little bit.  Let's not forget the other fires he had to put out at that time too in the Dominican.  The Lensing trade was probably a bit of a panic move, but at that point in the season the ship was taking on water faster than they could bail it out.  My point is it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyy too early to give Rizzo a final grade.  If he's going to learn on the job, this is the best place for him to do it.  he's not going to get an opportunity like this in any other place in the league.  He'll make a misstep or two, every GM does, but let's not write him off after the first quiz of the semester.