Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1  (Read 18132 times)

Offline ronnynat

Re: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1
« Reply #225: March 30, 2008, 11:26:24 PM »
WE COULD GO 1-162 AND I WOULD STILL BE SATISFIED!

:?

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #226: March 30, 2008, 11:29:08 PM »

MAN, COME ON! GIMME A BREAK! THAT WAS A LITTLE DRAMATIC OF A STATEMENT BUT YOU GET THE PICTURE, I'M GONNA SAVOR THIS WIN FOREVER!!!

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #227: March 30, 2008, 11:34:31 PM »

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #228: March 30, 2008, 11:36:50 PM »
SHUCKS, RONNY BEAT ME TO IT WITH THE PICS!!!

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #229: March 30, 2008, 11:41:03 PM »
I just noticed that Rauch, our 2007 wins leader, got the win. :lol:

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #230: March 30, 2008, 11:44:05 PM »
I just noticed that Rauch, our 2007 wins leader, got the win. :lol:

ya, i think j.r.'s frightening outing pretty much silences any and all of the talks that he should convert to closer. i seriously thought he was gonna blow it and give up a homer to mccann.

i thought chad puked into his glove again rotflmao!

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #231: March 30, 2008, 11:58:49 PM »
Looks like Rivera had an awesome outing. He's going to have one of the more important roles this year.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #232: March 31, 2008, 12:06:10 AM »
ya, i think j.r.'s frightening outing pretty much silences any and all of the talks that he should convert to closer. i seriously thought he was gonna blow it and give up a homer to mccann.

i thought chad puked into his glove again rotflmao!

Were you watching the same game I was?  Because in the game I was watching, the save was blown because of a PASSED BALL by Paul LoDuca.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #233: March 31, 2008, 12:06:39 AM »
Looks like Rivera had an awesome outing. He's going to have one of the more important roles this year.

Absolutely.  I'm really glad we stuck with him...

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #234: March 31, 2008, 12:08:45 AM »
Were you watching the same game I was?  Because in the game I was watching, the save was blown because of a PASSED BALL by Paul LoDuca.
Yeah, but Rauch gave up that double to Teixiera.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #235: March 31, 2008, 12:23:37 AM »
Yeah, but Rauch gave up that double to Teixiera.

AND chipper smoked one too, though it was harmless since j.r. snagged it, he still got hit hard and looked nothing like his dominating self. 

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #236: March 31, 2008, 12:46:14 AM »
1-162  That'd be really weird.  I guess the team goes 1-161, and then somehow makes the playoffs, loses their first playoff game, and the team bus gets hit by a celestial body?  I dunno, maybe I'll figure this out soon!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #237: March 31, 2008, 12:48:39 AM »
1-162  That'd be really weird.  I guess the team goes 1-161, and then somehow makes the playoffs, loses their first playoff game, and the team bus gets hit by a celestial body?  I dunno, maybe I'll figure this out soon!

They could go 1-161, have a tiebreaker for the WC, and lose that game... :lol:

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #238: March 31, 2008, 12:58:48 AM »
Ah yeah, there we go!

Best thing about tonight's game: We squeaked out a win against Hudson.  He totally gave this team fits last year, and he should have gotten a W tonight, but the Nationals had very timely hitting and great pitching (save Rauch's hiccup), so they get a very fortunate win in their first game vs. Hudson.  That's a great thing to have under their belt.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #239: March 31, 2008, 01:06:41 AM »
The game was phenomenal!  The booing was indeed boorish and the cheers ended up slightly more than the boos.  We were confused a bit about Rauch coming in instead of Chief, so that's good to know why.  I'd love to see the Prez' play by play bit, bet that was neat.  The rich elites never did fill in their rich seat section, guess it was too cold for them. But I don't care one bit, the place was just charged w/ dynamic energy!  We had an incredible time and it was so awesome!

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #240: March 31, 2008, 01:10:24 AM »
I know 99.9% of you guys won't be up, but the game is being replayed on ESPN at 3:00 AM. I missed it the first time around, so I'm at least going to watch the first inning. :D

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #241: March 31, 2008, 01:13:02 AM »
BEST. GAME. EVER. SERIOUSLY.

« Reply #242: March 31, 2008, 01:16:49 AM »
BEST. GAME. EVER. SERIOUSLY.

QFT and it was played on national TV on top of it being a historical night and Opening Night. I will be remembering this one for a long, long, until I'm dead, time.

Bush got my back as promised. Not so sure what won out, the boos or the cheers for him because so many people in my section or near my section were booing, I could hear little else. But he was only out there for like 15 seconds and then left. Kind of pointless and not worth all the aggravation it causes.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #243: March 31, 2008, 01:18:21 AM »
Best thing about tonight's game: We squeaked out a win against Hudson. 

Yeah, he was pretty dominant - again. The team put together some good timely hits with Nick and Kearns early to take advantage of some mistakes. The defense helped Perez out a lot. He was struggling with staying ahead of hitters, but was ultimately effective despite looking pretty dicey. I have to believe the weather played quite a factor all around. In terms of Rauch and LoDuca, a one run lead is not safe with the meat of the Braves' order up. I'd like Lo Duca to stop that ball, but the pitch looked awful in person and worse when I saw it on the replay. Lo Duca's no gold glove, but I don't think it would have been automatic for anyone to stop that pitch under the circumstances. Unfortunately, Lo Duca has had limited time to work with these pitchers and vice versa. With a man on 3B, you really want the catcher to be hyperaware of the danger of that happening. But it seemed like that pitch was either a complete mistake or there was miscommunication.

The defensive play of the night was Kearns playing the ball of the wall and combining with Belliard for the great relay to 2B. Zimmerman gets the much deserved hero's welcome, the unsung heros of the evening were Nick and Kearns for the early production and defense, and the middle relief for keeping things tight after Perez left after 5.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #244: March 31, 2008, 01:20:08 AM »
Oh, forgot to add - NEVER LEAVE EARLY   :lol:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #245: March 31, 2008, 01:20:59 AM »
QFT and it was played on national TV on top of it being a historical night and Opening Night. I will be remembering this one for a long, long, until I'm dead, time.

Bush got my back as promised. Not so sure what won out, the boos or the cheers for him because so many people in my section or near my section were booing, I could hear little else. But he was only out there for like 15 seconds and then left. Kind of pointless and not worth all the aggravation it causes.
I think I saw you out in one of the sections under the scoreboard when I was talking to my buddy sitting out there.  #99 jersey right?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #246: March 31, 2008, 01:21:30 AM »
Oh, forgot to add - NEVER LEAVE EARLY   :lol:
YEP. I JUST SHOOK MY HEAD WHEN THE SEASON TICKET HOLDERS NEXT TO ME LEFT AFTER THE TOP OF THE 9TH.  I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW EMPTY THE STADIUM WAS AT THE END.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #247: March 31, 2008, 01:26:10 AM »
YEP. I JUST SHOOK MY HEAD WHEN THE SEASON TICKET HOLDERS NEXT TO ME LEFT AFTER THE TOP OF THE 9TH.  I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW EMPTY THE STADIUM WAS AT THE END.

I'd have to guess that most of those people weren't even big Nats fans, but just wanted to be at the event. I know that nobody here would ever leave early. It's going to be REALLY hard to keep up attendance this year. We honestly kind of need the away fans at our games to fill seats.

« Reply #248: March 31, 2008, 01:29:25 AM »
I think I saw you out in one of the sections under the scoreboard when I was talking to my buddy sitting out there.  #99 jersey right?

Correct. My lucky 99. That jersey is 3-0 in Nats victories right now. :lol:

Offline kimnat

« Reply #249: March 31, 2008, 01:29:40 AM »
Oh, forgot to add - NEVER LEAVE EARLY   :lol:

QFT!!!  Dan just said that the people who left early got what they deserved.  :)  We stayed and screamed like maniacs at the end!  It was too terrific for words!