Author Topic: MLB Videogames  (Read 28435 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: MLB Videogames
« Reply #50: June 05, 2009, 07:17:34 PM »
I just picked up 2k9 last night for the 360.  I tried playing a demo of The Show in store, but I could not for the life of me figure out how to pitch.  Cole Hamels walked in like 4 runs still with no outs, I never even got a chance to try the hitting part.

I played a double header against the Mariners last night when I got it (since they were the crappiest rated team besides the Nats).  The first game I lost 4-2.  Second game is Lannan, ace, 15 k's!  Adam Dunn 4-4 with 3 HR and a single, RZ 2-5 with a double and a HR, Guz with 3 k's.  I had like 9 runs off of 21 hits with 2 errors.  Might have to adjust the difficulty a bit, playing on rookie to get the hang of the controls as this is my first baseball game.

The instruction manual on 2k9 is horrid, it tells you basically nothing.  The pitching controls are fairly intuitive, but still, the manual says nothing on how it works.  I don't get the base running aspect.  I had multiple singles that should have driven in runners from second, but everyone just moved up one base.

I have no idea how to aim the breaking balls.  I put the cursor over where Nieves has his mitt, but they always miss by a lot, do you have to compensate for the break or what?  My Fastball is going where I want it and the change-up is there.  Everything else seems like it is always in the dirt.

Player models are not that great, I don't know how much better they would be on the Show, but Lannan looked nothing like Lannan :)

So, any tips or pointers on how this game works and some of the controls?