Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 3  (Read 11360 times)

Offline xposbrad

Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 3
« Reply #100: April 22, 2007, 02:33:57 PM »
7 runs, 6 earned runs for Williams. Not a great day!

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #101: April 22, 2007, 02:34:16 PM »
Plain and simple Jerome and Chico are coming to the end of their stories too. I'll say it again, Chico will be out of the major leagues for good after this season same goes for J-Dub.
Jerome you are right about...he's yesterday's news, but nobody says Chico is expected to be Johan Santana for Chrissakes...he's been rushed into the big leagues because of the pitching situation we found ourselves in after Spring training.  I have no doubt that Chico will be a regular, talented starter once he gets some experience.  What makes you think he's "a goner" so soon in his career?

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #102: April 22, 2007, 02:34:42 PM »
Whatever I say about Chico is going to be nullified by you guys because you all have blinders on and fail to accept that he simply sucks.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #103: April 22, 2007, 02:35:41 PM »
I think Jerome Williams will be joining him there... Manny should MAKE him pitch the entire game.  Let's see if he can set a major league record for runs given up in one game...

I'll say one thing for Chico, he handles his tough outings with a lot more mental toughness considering his youth and inexperience. I have disappointed with Williams just letting everything get to him and spiral out of control.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #104: April 22, 2007, 02:35:50 PM »
I agree with your excuse...but still don't understand sometimes why we are so "strapped for cash"?  Why can't Lerner put down some dough for just ONE guy?  I like the rebuilding idea...but I just wish they had at least bought the bare minimum to hold us over until all these prospects and farm system starts paying off.

This has been my contention with the approach. You asked why not fork over some loot to retain or bring in ONE more guy, I would go one further and ask why not make this team a bit more solid and competitive by forking over enough cash, not much but some, to add TWO pitchers to hold us over until next year?

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #105: April 22, 2007, 02:36:01 PM »
Chico will not be in our starting rotation come opening day 2007.

Out.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #106: April 22, 2007, 02:36:32 PM »
Whatever I say about Chico is going to be nullified by you guys because you all have blinders on and fail to accept that he simply sucks.
I think you're the one with blinders on buddy...you've watched three games he's pitched and already come to the conclusion that he's spent and career over.   :lol:

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #107: April 22, 2007, 02:38:25 PM »
This has been my contention with the approach. You asked why not fork over some loot to retain or bring in ONE more guy, I would go one further and ask why not make this team a bit more solid and competitive by forking over enough cash, not much but some, to add TWO pitchers to hold us over until next year?
Stop the presses - Spidernat and Senators2005 agree on something!   :lol:

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!

Offline spidernat

« Reply #109: April 22, 2007, 02:39:13 PM »
On a more positive note, if we were to tie this game and send it into extra innings at 7-7 and JW pitched into the 13th inning, he could still be credited with a quality start.   :lol:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #110: April 22, 2007, 02:40:07 PM »
Stop the presses - Spidernat and Senators2005 agree on something!   :lol:

Not really. You said ONE player. I made a point of saying TWO...  :lol:  Keep the presses rolling.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #111: April 22, 2007, 02:40:16 PM »
I'm going to guarantee that Chico will be out of the big leagues after this season. Bank on it. He will not be in our starting rotation next year and will be demoted to the Minor leagues for the remainder of his career. I hope he enjoys and savors his one year of sucking in the major leagues, because he's a goner. If Vargas sucks so much, why do teams keep on picking him up? I don't think too many teams are going to go after Chico once he's bounced.

haha, I'd LOVE to call you on that. So after 4 career starts at age 21, you're saying he'll be a career minor leaguer?

bwahahahahah

Never apply for a job as a scout.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #112: April 22, 2007, 02:40:24 PM »
Man when is Simontacchi coming back. WHy did we tke a chance on knowing his injury history. I hate dealing with the injury bug like this. Please Nats, don't sign no more potential good pitchers barring any injury cuz they alwasy come to Washington and get injured. I don't care if its Prior, don't take that chacne.. We need some consitency in our lineups.

Has any team gotten hit hard with injuries in the pitching staff than washington in the last three years.

Offline PC

« Reply #113: April 22, 2007, 02:40:52 PM »
Does pitching against the Nationals make pitchers think they're better than they are, so, for one game, they actually become better than they are?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #114: April 22, 2007, 02:42:20 PM »
Man these Nats batters are mystified by this Obermuherfuehererererer guy.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #115: April 22, 2007, 02:42:34 PM »
Just when I thought this team actually had heart and gave their all every game they go out and play like this two days in a row.  They have just been going through the motions over the last 2 games.  The hitters aren't even trying, their just up there taking half-assed hacks at the ball.  The pitchers are making way too many mental mistakes (Walks, hanging breaking balls, etc).  I actually thought we might be able to compete for 3rd in the division after Friday's game but obviously that was just a false assumption.  Cellar dwellers we will be until we cut down on the mental mistakes and learn to play smart. 

Offline spidernat

« Reply #116: April 22, 2007, 02:42:39 PM »
Does pitching against the Nationals make pitchers think they're better than they are, so, for one game, they actually become better than they are?

It certainly seems that way.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #117: April 22, 2007, 02:43:12 PM »

:lol:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #118: April 22, 2007, 02:44:27 PM »
Well guys I'm bowing out of this one early...  I love the Nats but this game is an obvious loss and it's a beautiful day out.  I'll try to fix the borked ignore buttons tonight.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #119: April 22, 2007, 02:45:36 PM »
Well guys I'm bowing out of this one early...  I love the Nats but this game is an obvious loss and it's a beautiful day out.  I'll try to fix the borked ignore buttons tonight.

Chief they are working now.

Offline PC

« Reply #120: April 22, 2007, 02:45:53 PM »
We can't win then...

If seeing Nationals hitters at the plate make a pitcher's fast ball a little faster, his breaking ball a little breakier, his curve ball a little curvier, his slider a little slidier...

We can't win!

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #121: April 22, 2007, 02:47:37 PM »
I'm seeing the button now Chief...just to let you know.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #122: April 22, 2007, 02:48:22 PM »
I'm interested to see how long Acta will let him stay in the game. We do have a day off tomorrow.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #123: April 22, 2007, 02:48:53 PM »
I groaned when I saw Jerome Williams being named into the rotation...today's the reason.  I can't wait to get Simontacchi, O'Conner and Claussen.

Offline PC

« Reply #124: April 22, 2007, 02:48:55 PM »
Jerome Williams is a hardcore bum.

The Lerner family couldn't invest any money in some damn pitching??? >:(