Author Topic: New DC SportsTalk Radio Station Launching at 4pm today.  (Read 6207 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
http://www.triplexespnradio.com/

This is Dan Snyder's Radio Station(Red Zebra Broadcasting).

About TripleXESPNRadio.com

Washington sports fans will have not one, but FOUR ways to access Triple X ESPN Radio.

Three Washington, DC area radio stations -- 94.3FM, 92.7FM, 730AM -- will be trimulcasting Triple X ESPN Radio. And it's easy to find the right signal for your location.

Call us (301) 562-5800, tell us where you are, and we'll tell you where to listen.

Set your radio presets, and you'll always be tuned into Triple X ESPN Radio. You won't want to miss a minute of the drive-time antics of controversial and colorful NFL Hall of Fame running back John Riggins.

But you don't have to be near a radio - or even in the Washington, DC area - to listen to our explosive programming. Triple X ESPN Radio will also be streaming Redskins games and other programming LIVE over the Web. Redskins fans across the country will be able to listen to the play-by-play action and Triple X ESPN Radio's one-of-a-kind commentary just by visiting Triple X ESPN Radio's website: www.triplexespnradio.com

it starts today at 4pm with the John Riggins show.

from the looks of their programming schedule, it looks like Redskins Radio all-day, every day, and to hell with any other DC teams.  looks like the entire station isn't going to be a Sports Talker so much as they will be a living advertisement for the Redskins. 

which sucks for us DC folks who aren't Redskins Fans, but are fans of the Other DC Teams.

I'll reserve judgement until the programming actually launches and I get a chance to listen to it.

please listen and make your judgements here.

ncg1983

I love it.  And it's great timing considering our boys are reporting to training camp in 2 weeks.  Snyder has never disappointed me on his fiscal policy with the Redskins.

Offline JMW IV

Quote from: "ncg1983"
I love it.  And it's great timing considering our boys are reporting to training camp in 2 weeks.  Snyder has never disappointed me on his fiscal policy with the Redskins.

yeah well, it sucks for those of us who aren't Redskins fans. now we have two Redskins 24/7 stations, and nothing for the Nats. :(

Offline JMW IV

don't forget to vote for your favorite local team on the Website:

www.triplexespnradio.com

apparently the Nationals aren't very popular, according to the Poll.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
I can't wait til september 17 so i can hear all week how the TO ran wild on Thug Taylor. I'll tune in every day of that week to get in depth detail and analysis of how the Boys dominated the skins in every aspect of the game on route to a 55-3 thrashing at good ole Texas Stadium.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, how you luv that?

ncg1983

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't wait til september 17 so i can hear all week how the TO ran wild on Thug Taylor. I'll tune in every day of that week to get in depth detail and analysis of how the Boys dominated the skins in every aspect of the game on route to a 55-3 thrashing at good ole Texas Stadium.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep dreaming, the day the Cowboys score even 40+ on this Redskins defense, hell will freeze over.  

Last year was last year, but you must have forgot that we killed your egos in week 2 and then absolutely destroyed your pathetic team 35-7 late in the season.

you probably wanted TO dead last year and the day he signed with the boys, you probably went out and bought a poster of him... which is typical of a Cowboys fan after all.  

Offline Dave B

In fairness to TEM. I thinkthey are trying to make an effort to cover the Nats and Caps.  At least the Brian Mitchell show and to a lesser extent the JT show.  Brian Mitchell seems interested in the Nats and Caps, but doesnt know much.  At least he tries and he has guests who know what they are talking about.  

The morning guys are morons. They were tolerable for thr 25 minute drive home in the afternoon, but to listen at work for hours is torture.

To some, the station was s--- when kornheiser was there, but he openly didnt care about sports and was entertaining, just dont listen for sports info (the station at least had something i wanted to listen to).  They see the writing on the wall that they are toast if they dont change.  They were throwing some ridiculous gimmicks up there. The most prominent was the picture link to "wet on the net", babes in bikinis, on the internet player.  Dont get me wrong, I dig it, but it wreaks (reeks?) of desperation ("desperation is a stinky cologne, john" anybody care to name the movie).  I hate when sports and sex are sold together. It basically means that the sports product sucks. And basically TEM blew. But over the last week, they took the link down and might be trying to improve their product.  Phil Wood filled in for JT a couple weeks ago.  I think they really are starting to realize that they cant compete with the redskins for redskins air time.  

Thompson is actually have austin kearns on now

Offline JMW IV

Quote from: "Dave B"
In fairness to TEM. I thinkthey are trying to make an effort to cover the Nats and Caps.  At least the Brian Mitchell show and to a lesser extent the JT show.  Brian Mitchell seems interested in the Nats and Caps, but doesnt know much.  At least he tries and he has guests who know what they are talking about.  

The morning guys are morons. They were tolerable for thr 25 minute drive home in the afternoon, but to listen at work for hours is torture.

To some, the station was s--- when kornheiser was there, but he openly didnt care about sports and was entertaining, just dont listen for sports info (the station at least had something i wanted to listen to).  They see the writing on the wall that they are toast if they dont change.  They were throwing some ridiculous gimmicks up there. The most prominent was the picture link to "wet on the net", babes in bikinis, on the internet player.  Dont get me wrong, I dig it, but it wreaks (reeks?) of desperation ("desperation is a stinky cologne, john" anybody care to name the movie).  I hate when sports and sex are sold together. It basically means that the sports product sucks. And basically TEM blew. But over the last week, they took the link down and might be trying to improve their product.  Phil Wood filled in for JT a couple weeks ago.  I think they really are starting to realize that they cant compete with the redskins for redskins air time.  

Thompson is actually have austin kearns on now

switches to WTEM....

Offline nats2playoffs

"Desperation is a stinky cologne, John."

Quick, somebody call in to the John Riggins Show.
Ask him if he thinks Major League Baseball will ever return to Washington, DC.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Quote from: "metssuck"

I'm a Boys fan too, and I have been for close to 40 years... and I think you should SHUT THE FEK UP!

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
Quote from: "metssuck"

I'm a Boys fan too, and I have been for close to 40 years... and I think you should SHUT THE FEK UP!

Whoa, calm down  buddy. There's no need for that type of language. I find it very direspectful. Just a little friendly jabbing goin on since this is a Washington, DC team forum, i just figure i take a shot at their football team. That was jsut a crazy j/k perdiction i made. I luv this rivalry, so yeah i'll take any chance i have to talk trash to deadskins fan.

Offline sportsfan882

Sounds good.  Riggins is hillarious.  This radio station is going to blow WTEM out of the water.  WTEM = CRAP.
Czaban Show is alright, B-Mitch's show is horrendous, and John Thompson's show is pretty boring, plus it repeats.   Also, Red Zebra has the ESPN programming which is money.  Mike & Mike, Cowherd, Dan Patrick.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Quote from: "ncg1983"

Keep dreaming, the day the Cowboys score even 40+ on this Redskins defense, hell will freeze over.

I think arguing about how many points are going to be scored is what 10 years olds do in school yards.

Any blowouts have all been in the past, and bragging for more than a day or two, is school yard.

Here's some stats for you to mull over... In the entire history of games between the Redskins and Cowboys, the Skins have scored 40+ only once against the Cowboys, while Dallas has score 40+ five times. The Redskin have never shutout the Cowboys, while they themselves have been blanked three times by Dallas. The team's home and away record between each other favors Dallas as well, with the Cowboys being 24-22-0 in Washington and 30-12-2 in Dallas. Over the past 10 years, your so called pathetic Cowboys are 15-5 against your almighty Redskins, so maybe you should do what I suggested that metssuck do and that's to "SHUT THE FEK UP"

Offline JMW IV

Quote from: "sportsfan882"
Sounds good.  Riggins is hillarious.  This radio station is going to blow WTEM out of the water. WTEM = CRAP.
Czaban Show is alright, B-Mitch's show is horrendous, and John Thompson's show is pretty boring, plus it repeats.   Also, Red Zebra has the ESPN programming which is money.  Mike & Mike, Cowherd, Dan Patrick.

only if you are a diehard redskins fan.

it is ESPN Radio with two Redskins shows mixed in.  that's all.

hopefully WTEM gets a clue and starts turning itself into a REAL Sports Talk radio Station, because I'm not going to be able to stand two Redskin Radio Ad stations.  one was bad enough.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Most of us here, if not all, are Nationals fans but I don't see anything wrong with us also being Redskins fans and expressing our passion for the Burgundy and Gold. Some people seem to believe that everything begins and ends with baseball and the Nats and dislike the fact that so many of us also love football and especially the Redskins. I don't get that.

Offline JMW IV

*edited*

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
laugh...really if you live in the DC area and don't want to hear about the Redskins then...

:lol:

Offline JMW IV

Quote from: "Senators2005"
laugh...really if you live in the DC area and don't want to hear about the Redskins then...

(Image removed from quote.)

:lol:

I suppose so.

perhaps all the other sports teams should move then, if there isn't enough room for all of them to co-exist with the Mighty Skins.   Nats included.   :roll:

sue me for not being a Redskins fan, and not being interested in hearing about them ALL THE TIME, 24/7.  there ARE other things going on, contrary to popular belief.

Offline JMW IV

meh, I suppose that DC Sports Talk radio is just something I won't ever enjoy. :)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
That's true, that's why there's a baseball season!  :)  
But you started the thread!  

Offline JMW IV

Quote from: "spidernat"
Most of us here, if not all, are Nationals fans but I don't see anything wrong with us not being Redskins fans and not being interested in hearing all-Redskins, All-the-Time on Every Sports Talk Station.   Some people seem to believe that everything begins and ends with The Redskins and dislike the fact that so many of us aren't necessarily Redskins Fans and aren't drooling over All-Redskins, All-The-Time Radio Stations and might be interested in hearing something else every once in a while.  I don't get that.

fixed.

do you get my point now?  because once again, you failed to see it before.

Offline sportsfan882

D.C. is a football (Redskins) town and will always be.  If you want to hear stuff about the Giants, move to N.Y.  How can you expect there to be more coverage of Nats than the Redskins when the Redskins have been here for several decades and the Nationals have only been here for two years?  Plus, the Nats are in last place and the Redskins won a playoff game last year and are big contenders for the Super Bowl this year.

Offline JMW IV

Quote from: "sportsfan882"
D.C. is a football (Redskins) town and will always be.  If you want to hear stuff about the Giants, move to N.Y.  How can you expect there to be more coverage of Nats than the Redskins when the Redskins have been here for several decades and the Nationals have only been here for two years?  Plus, the Nats are in last place and the Redskins won a playoff game last year and are big contenders for the Super Bowl this year.

oh lord jesus christ on a pole.

nobody is asking for MORE Nats coverage than redskins.

I'm merely asking for SOME. SOME. SOME.  

this show (John Riggins) has been on for almost 3 hours now, and the ONLY person to even mention anything that has anything to do with the Nationals is George Michael. and George Michael hates reporting about the Nats.  and he only said it in passing.

meh. forget it. I'm banging my head against a burgundy and gold brick wall.

I'll just sit back, and hope that WTEM starts developing into a real, well-rounded Sports Station instead of a Redskins Ad like it always has been.  you guys can have Redskins Radio.  enjoy.

I'll shut up about this now. thanks for your time.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
[wav]Hail to the Redskins[/wav]

Offline JMW IV

last statement of this argument, since I'm obviously in the overwhelming minority of people who think that 24/7 Redskins coverage at the expense of all our other local sports teams is a bad thing:

all I want is ONE daily 2-hour show, dedicated to Nats Baseball, DURING Baseball season.

that's it.  and I'll turn the radio off for everything else.

is that too much to ask?  does that cut too much into the much-needed Redskins 24/7 coverage?

I won't argue the point any further.  I'm getting ready to watch Nats Baseball(because you know..it is Baseball season and stuff).