Author Topic: Theater Thread  (Read 4436 times)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: Theater Thread
« Reply #25: November 29, 2012, 09:00:51 AM »
Awesome, Minty! I remember doing a few school plays at that age. My mother sewed all my costumes! I remember being Prince Charming's mother in Cinderella :lol: never got into it at a later age though.

School plays are the best, I loved all the ones my high school put on. Grease and Beauty and the Beast being my favorites.

I actually worked as an assistant director on a show back in February and my son was asked to participate because he "looked cute" and they needed a couple of white kids on the stage for a walk on part.  He had so much fun doing it that he asked if he could do another show and I told him when someone needs another cute kid I would bring him to auditions.  About a month ago, one of the guys who was an actor in the show called me and asked if my son would be interested in playing Tiny Tim in his modernized version of A Christmas Carol and my son jumped at the opportunity.

Kid's a natural and is very comfortable; in fact, last night at final tech, one of the adult actors said that he was putting the adult actors to shame.  Small role, but he has 15 lines and also fills in as "Want" from Want and ignorance and gets to sing "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" as a caroler in the first act.  He's loving it and he's developing a great deal of self-confidence.