Author Topic: Top Pittsburgh sports moments of 2011  (Read 442 times)

Offline Potomac Cannons

Top Pittsburgh sports moments of 2011
« Topic Start: February 07, 2011, 12:19:49 PM »
1) The Penguins lose the Winter Classic
2) Evgeni Malkin says his poor little knee hurts after 6 minutes and sits out the rest of the season
3) The Penguins get shut out by the Caps on Super Bowl Sunday on national tv
4) The Steelers lose the Super Bowl
5) The Associated Press 2010 NFL Defensive Player of the Year Troy Polamalu, content with his individual award, does not show up for the big game and gets torched for two touchdowns
6) Pittsburgh resident (Close enough. All people within a 250 mile radius seemingly claim they are from/live in Pittsburgh) Christina Aguilera botches the National Anthem
7) Mr. 'I'm god's gift to the city of Pittsburgh, the NFL, and humanity in general' Terry Bradshaw watches his former team lose the game, then is made to hand the Vince Lombardi Trophy to WINNING Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers (priceless)

* On the bright side, the Pirates are still undefeated

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Re: Top Pittsburgh sports moments of 2011
« Reply #1: February 07, 2011, 12:35:06 PM »
Might have to add Letang slamming the door shut and pounding the bench after overskating the puck like 10 times on national TV.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #2: February 07, 2011, 02:17:53 PM »
I know Steelers fans are annoying as hell (see mitlen during a Steelers game in the NFL thread :lol:) and are probably the most annoying fans in the NFL and I was glad they lost the game but this thread is taking a superfluously cheap shot at a good team. Besides, as a Redskins fan I find no satisfaction on dumping on the fact that the made it to the SB and have actually enjoyed a lot of success. To quote Linty:

I'd love to lose another Super Bowl.

If the Skins sniffed the SB I would be thrilled.

This reminds me of moron fans who get satisfaction out of watching certain teams lose while their team has been on a stay at home for the postseason streak.  :?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #3: February 07, 2011, 02:22:37 PM »
PotCan has been better as of late - I know I'm shocked I'm even typing this - but c'mon now.  I understand some Pitt fans are annoying, but let's be honest here, a lot of the Pittsburgh bashing has to stem from some jealousy?  Their football and hockey team have been solid for years.  As for baseball, well we can relate to them.  

1) The Penguins lose the Winter Classic It's one game.  I'm a Caps fan, but c'mon.
2) Evgeni Malkin says his poor little knee hurts after 6 minutes and sits out the rest of the season  Dude it's a serious injury.
3) The Penguins get shut out by the Caps on Super Bowl Sunday on national tv  Again one game ... they got us earlier in the year
4) The Steelers lose the Super Bowl  At least they got there.
5) The Associated Press 2010 NFL Defensive Player of the Year Troy Polamalu, content with his individual award, does not show up for the big game and gets torched for two touchdowns  He deserved the award and is a classy humanitarian

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #4: February 07, 2011, 02:25:05 PM »
PotCan has been better as of late -

Agreed, and this is some mighty fine work right here in this thread. 

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #5: February 07, 2011, 02:29:19 PM »
A few things to also consider (and I hate the Steelers):

- the Penguins have won three Stanley Cups
- the Steelers have won six Super Bowls, two in the last five years
- the Pirates won the NL East in 1992.

I mean, we could do a year in review for DC too but I doubt anyone would like it...

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #6: February 07, 2011, 02:31:13 PM »
You guys need more swagger. I approve the OP.

Offline DC_Nats

« Reply #7: February 11, 2011, 02:53:41 PM »
I mean, we could do a year in review for DC too but I doubt anyone would like it...

And as long as everything is TRUE, anyone complaining would be just a whiner. I don't see any cheapshots, superfluous or otherwise, at the Steelers. I'll make the disclaimer that I despise all things Pittsburgh before saying that I also approve!

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #8: February 11, 2011, 06:36:34 PM »
I was hoping for a post like this:

Top Pittsburgh Sports Moments of 2011: