Author Topic: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List  (Read 171950 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List
« Reply #1850: March 10, 2015, 09:49:32 PM »
http://screenrant.com/tron-3-start-date/

Tron 3 would shoot to the top of the list

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #1851: March 11, 2015, 08:48:16 AM »
FINALLY!!!!

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #1852: March 29, 2015, 09:51:29 AM »
Saw Unbroken last night, I enjoyed it, and from what I read it stayed very true to the real-life story.  Still, the actual story of survival is so amazing that you can't really do it justice in a two hour movie.  The book that the movie is based on is said to go into much more detail about not only his experiences during the war, but his efforts to cope with PTSD after the war's end.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1853: April 04, 2015, 07:00:56 PM »
Saw Imitation Game last night. Really enjoyed it.

Online Slateman

« Reply #1854: April 04, 2015, 09:09:42 PM »
Saw Furious 7. More of the last three so if that's what you want, go for it. The last ten minutes is weird.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1855: April 17, 2015, 01:41:25 PM »
 "Tell me, do you bleed? You will."

:az:

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #1856: April 18, 2015, 03:39:34 PM »
Why are people marking out for Star Wars and Batman vs. Superman? They're both gonna suck.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1857: April 18, 2015, 03:49:04 PM »
Why are people marking out for Star Wars and Batman vs. Superman? They're both gonna suck.

Shut your mouth, you!

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #1858: April 18, 2015, 03:50:26 PM »
I'm sure you're right Vega

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #1859: April 18, 2015, 05:02:15 PM »
Shut your mouth, you!
Lucas not being involved helps the case for Star Wars, but I think it is better to be pessimistic regardless after the disastrous prequels. And Batman vs. Superman is gonna just suck. It's gonna be just like Man of Steel, which is a piece of crap. Oh. and in case you thought there might be some subtlety, the answer is nope.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think they may be implying that Superman is a Jesus metaphor. Not sure though... :smh:

Online Slateman

« Reply #1860: April 18, 2015, 05:20:33 PM »
 The trailers is implying that they are going to touch on the implications to society of an invincible alien appearing on earth. Some worship as the Second Coming. Others fear the impending apocalypse/anti-christ. The result would be dozens of sects/cult groups appearing all over the world. And what if he goes bad? What if one day something happens and he decides that the ends justify the means? What if he decides that the way to save humanity is to simply take matters in to his hands? would he be able to suddenly have an army of loyal humans that in their devotion to him would start killing for him?

This sets up a Lex Luthor character perfectly. A Xenophobe who wants total control.

At least DC Comics is trying something new. Marvel is simply going to rehash the same general plots for their Avengers movies.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #1861: April 18, 2015, 05:28:59 PM »
Oh I fully agree that there is a lot of potential in the Batman vs. Superman, but after Man of Steel, I have no faith in this creative team to make a decent movie.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #1862: April 18, 2015, 05:33:20 PM »
+ JJ Abrams at the helm although I'm more excited for Rian Johnson(the man who did Looper) to direct the seque

The Rian Johnson Star Wars movies (he's writing/directing 8 AND writing 9) are gonna ROCK. I'm ready to skip 7 and get to those. Dude directed maybe the best TV episode ever.

Online Slateman

« Reply #1863: May 05, 2015, 02:36:25 PM »
http://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-2nd-anthology-film-will-be-boba-fetts-origin-story/

2nd Star Wars Anthology film will be about Fett. This is going to end badly for everyone.

Offline Bloo

« Reply #1864: May 08, 2015, 06:33:41 PM »
Ex Machina was a decent artificial intelligence movie with plenty of twists I didn't see coming. One of those movies you can't really watch again but the experience in itself is good.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #1866: May 09, 2015, 03:53:50 PM »
A 22-year-old playing Pennywise?

http://www.inquisitr.com/2065291/will-poulter-to-star-as-pennywise-the-evil-clown-in-remake-of-stephen-kings-it

That is a challenging role regardless of who gets cast. No one will ever top Tim Curry's hamtastic performance in the first one.

Offline dracnal

« Reply #1867: May 10, 2015, 12:14:32 AM »
That is a challenging role regardless of who gets cast. No one will ever top Tim Curry's hamtastic performance in the first one.

Kiss me, fat boy!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #1868: May 10, 2015, 09:45:32 AM »
Anyone else think the whole Marvel thing has jumped the shark?  Saw Avengers 2 the other night and while it was a fine popcorn flick, I found it pretty forgettable overall.  Ultron never really felt all that dangerous, and half the scenes in the movie felt like fan service.  Also never thought I'd say this, but there was a little TOO much action.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #1869: May 10, 2015, 09:56:43 AM »
I didn't see it yet, so I had no idea what was going on in the beginning of the last agents of shield

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #1870: May 10, 2015, 09:57:48 AM »
Anyone else think the whole Marvel thing has jumped the shark?  Saw Avengers 2 the other night and while it was a fine popcorn flick, I found it pretty forgettable overall.  Ultron never really felt all that dangerous, and half the scenes in the movie felt like fan service.  Also never thought I'd say this, but there was a little TOO much action.
That's how I felt about the FIRST Avengers. And Guardians of the Galaxy definitely had too much action. (That sequence with the collector guy was pointless.)

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #1871: May 10, 2015, 08:00:57 PM »
Yes. They're screwed once the current Avengers leave. They're gonna have to reach deeper and deeper into the second-string heroes to fill movies, and they're eventually gonna run into one or two that don't get over with audiences like the GotG did. Ant Man has potential dud written all over it IMO.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #1872: May 11, 2015, 08:51:11 PM »
Yes. They're screwed once the current Avengers leave. They're gonna have to reach deeper and deeper into the second-string heroes to fill movies, and they're eventually gonna run into one or two that don't get over with audiences like the GotG did. Ant Man has potential dud written all over it IMO.

Honestly I couldn't believe how seriously they treated "the vision" aka Paul Bettany in a skin tight leotard with a cape and face paint.  the revamped oversexed Scarlett Witch outfit at the end of the movie was pretty ridiculous too.

Offline Bloo

« Reply #1873: May 12, 2015, 12:26:05 AM »
  Ant Man has potential dud written all over it IMO.
If they kept at least the foundation of Edgar Wright's script, it's going to be f***ing awesome.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #1874: May 12, 2015, 08:39:44 AM »
If they kept at least the foundation of Edgar Wright's script, it's going to be f***ing awesome.
Reports are Edgar Wright left because his vision for the movie was very different from the studio's and he was unhappy.