Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 416952 times)

Offline Busta Mimes

• I'll Ram the hell out of you
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #700: March 04, 2009, 01:46:07 AM »
:thumbs:

Cool!  The Washington Nationals Fan Club, Nebraska Chapter's population has doubled! 

Where in Nebraska are you?

Omaha.  I don't see why there shouldn't be a Nats bar around here.  I mean, there's a Cleveland Browns bar
for C-----sakes.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #701: March 04, 2009, 09:05:13 AM »
Omaha.  I don't see why there shouldn't be a Nats bar around here.  I mean, there's a Cleveland Browns bar
for C-----sakes.

When I was in my prime, two of me could have provided enough business to keep a bar tuned to the programming of my choice.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #702: March 04, 2009, 10:05:30 AM »
for C-----sakes.
Nice, I'm actually in Lincoln, so my screenname is a little misleading...but I'm grew up in Omaha.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #703: March 04, 2009, 01:24:51 PM »
Why don't you guys meet somewhere in the middle (not sure how far apart you guys live from each other).  Go to a sports bar with many screens and ask for one of them to show the NATS game.

Then that bar will be the official NATS bar!   :D

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #704: March 04, 2009, 01:49:40 PM »
Depending on where in Omaha Busta is, it's about an hour between Omaha and Lincoln.  It takes me 56 minutes to get from my house in Lincoln to my parents house in North Omaha and 58 minutes to get to Rosenblatt Stadium for the College World Series.  Not that big a deal, but also not something that I can afford to do often.  Plus, there's really only a river and a State Park between Lincoln and Omaha with couple itty bitty towns.  Not much in the way of a place that would have an Extra Innings Package.  So meeting in the middle probably wouldn't amount to much unfortunately...

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #705: March 04, 2009, 01:50:29 PM »
Oh well, I tried!   :roll:

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #706: March 04, 2009, 01:58:21 PM »
I appreciate your efforts!  :D

Offline doubler

« Reply #707: March 04, 2009, 04:00:13 PM »
Whats up guys, just happened to stumble across this site and have been reading it for a bit now, love it! Cant wait for the season to begin!

I live in Carroll County, MD...Sykesville to be exact, am 31 soon to be 32 years old with a 10 month old boy.

Hmmm, thats all I got! Go Nats!

Oh, I will be going to the home opener, cant wait...

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #708: March 04, 2009, 04:09:18 PM »
Welcome to the neighborhood, doubler.

Offline doubler

« Reply #709: March 04, 2009, 04:23:40 PM »
thanks, I may not be as active as some on this board, but I will definitely be sharing some of my opinions  ;)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #710: March 04, 2009, 04:31:24 PM »
Welcome :thumbs:

Offline doubler

« Reply #711: March 04, 2009, 04:32:15 PM »
Loved the Million Dollar Man...nice pic!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #712: March 04, 2009, 05:28:33 PM »
Whats up guys, just happened to stumble across this site and have been reading it for a bit now, love it! Cant wait for the season to begin!

I live in Carroll County, MD...Sykesville to be exact, am 31 soon to be 32 years old with a 10 month old boy.

Hmmm, thats all I got! Go Nats!

Oh, I will be going to the home opener, cant wait...

Fans up 270= :thumbs:

Offline saltydad

« Reply #713: March 04, 2009, 06:04:35 PM »
My in-laws' farm is in Westminster; I got married there. Great place, although quite built up now, Still I love going to Baughers for dinner and fresh fruit and vegies. Welcome to the board doubler.

Offline Busta Mimes

« Reply #714: March 05, 2009, 02:17:24 AM »
Depending on where in Omaha Busta is, it's about an hour between Omaha and Lincoln.  It takes me 56 minutes to get from my house in Lincoln to my parents house in North Omaha and 58 minutes to get to Rosenblatt Stadium for the College World Series.  Not that big a deal, but also not something that I can afford to do often.  Plus, there's really only a river and a State Park between Lincoln and Omaha with couple itty bitty towns.  Not much in the way of a place that would have an Extra Innings Package.  So meeting in the middle probably wouldn't amount to much unfortunately...

I'll let you now if I'm ever in Lincoln.  Haven't been down there much since I graduated.The both of us could bring twice the annoyance to fans of the Mets, Phillies, or Braves. :roll:
Ironically enough, I just got my MLB Extra Innings notice from my cable company today.  So every night is Nats night at my place.

Offline doubler

« Reply #715: March 05, 2009, 08:19:55 AM »
My in-laws' farm is in Westminster; I got married there. Great place, although quite built up now, Still I love going to Baughers for dinner and fresh fruit and vegies. Welcome to the board doubler.

Yeah, I am about 25 minutes from Westminster, but go there to pick fruit at Baughers, and go to their little parade/ festival thing every year! Thanks for the welcome!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #716: March 05, 2009, 09:42:25 AM »
My old grade school friend lives in Eldersburg, very nice country indeed.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #717: March 05, 2009, 11:48:32 AM »
I'll let you now if I'm ever in Lincoln.  Haven't been down there much since I graduated.The both of us could bring twice the annoyance to fans of the Mets, Phillies, or Braves. :roll:
How great would that be!  I've got good friends who are fans of every team in the east...including the Marlins.  Can't wait for the day to have the upper hand!

Offline Busta Mimes

« Reply #718: March 06, 2009, 12:59:53 AM »
Sounds cool.  As long as the Braves fans don't do that stupid chop, we're good.

Offline CoachKlein

« Reply #719: March 10, 2009, 02:11:07 PM »
CoachKlein here. Live in Clarksburg MD, born in DC (Gtown). I root for all things DC. I am also know as CoachK on Bparkguys (go figure, I hate Duke) and JohnnyMop or JohnnyNats on MLB.com.

Did I mention I love women.   

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #720: March 10, 2009, 02:13:14 PM »
CoachKlein here. Live in Clarksburg MD, born in DC (Gtown). I root for all things DC. I am also know as CoachK on Bparkguys (go figure, I hate Duke) and JohnnyMop or JohnnyNats on MLB.com.

Welcome!  Are you familar with Hugh Adams, now pitching as a lights-out closer for FAU?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #721: March 10, 2009, 02:21:50 PM »

Welcome JohnnyNats, uh, er, CoachKlein!   Bout time you found your way over here.

Did I mention I love Clarksburg Grill chicken cheesesteak subs?

Where did you end up in Nats Park?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #722: March 10, 2009, 02:24:03 PM »
Beauty.  We have JohnnyMop/Nats.  Now we just need to lure DaveBinMD and get kimnat to come back and we're looking good.

MrMadison

« Reply #723: March 10, 2009, 03:18:39 PM »
and another BPGer is pulled in by the soothing aroma of WNFF. welcome!            (the trap is set ya'll. git em!)

Allen43

« Reply #724: March 10, 2009, 04:05:40 PM »
New Nats fan here.  The name is John and I'm from Grenada, Miss, the hometown of Terrell "T" Young.  Good luck to the Nats in 09.