Author Topic: Anyone see that Morse actually DOESN'T have an 18 game hit streak?  (Read 1940 times)

Online blue911

That's an error.  If he even knocks it down and keeps the ball in front of him he gets Zimmerman at second.

E6

Major league shortstop is expected to make that play.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Michael Morse just blasted a ball.

MORSE ES EN FUEGO

:ballbat:

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
That ball was crushed

Good grief

Offline Hogie

The Phillies just filed a complaint to remove that home run because it wouldn't have gone out of Yellowstone

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

Anything hit that far ought to have a damn stewardess on it, don't you think?

Offline Mattionals

I feel bad for Rollins, actually, dude just got a bogus error. We should bring back Matt Chico so he can accidentally throw the ball into the stands and hit Ruben Amaro.

Sig'd

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Key stat: Nine of Morse's 11 homers this season have been hit to center or right fields. Tonight's blast to right-center traveled 446 feet, the longest opposite-field homer in the majors this season according to ESPN Hit Tracker.

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
I hope Morse takes the Phillies behind the woodshed from here on out.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Key stat: Nine of Morse's 11 homers this season have been hit to center or right fields. Tonight's blast to right-center traveled 446 feet, the longest opposite-field homer in the majors this season according to ESPN Hit Tracker.
:ballbat:  :metal:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Major league shortstop is expected to make that play.

Especially with a slow runner heading to 2B.

What a bunch of candy-asses Major Leaguers are. 

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
The Phillies just filed a complaint to remove that home run because it wouldn't have gone out of Yellowstone

Can we reject long home runs?

Online blue911

For the past three years, most of us would naged and moaned if Desmond didn't make that play.

MLB ruled it an error, not the Phillies,not Cole Hamels, not anybody else. Sure it's a crappy thing to do to Roliins, but it isn't a crappy thing to do Morse. They are supposed to try an freak over every National any way they can, and the Nats are expected to do the same to them.

How good must Rollins feel knowing that Old School will throw him under the bus for a meaningless earned run? BTW they lost.

Offline Fan037

In the middle of a hitting streak, it seems wrong to take away that hit.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
It lowered Hamels' era, is why they appealed.

Online blue911

It lowered Hamels' era, is why they appealed.

It amounts to what? 3 or 4 points at seasons end. I still think it's a crappy thing to do to Rollins

Offline Hogie

We need to have some intern combing through every Hamels start this year looking for an earned-run-saving error we can submit to MLB to have reversed to a hit.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Not even fake-tough anymore. Just petty.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Nats should challenge some of Cliff Lee's wins to try to make him go winless for the year.  I think that would be funny.

Offline Hogie

Now that it's intact after the weekend, I really hope ESPN picks up on this tomorrow, just to help stir the pot of the rivalry a little more.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
It amounts to what? 3 or 4 points at seasons end. I still think it's a crappy thing to do to Rollins

Agreed.  Seems a sign of a clubhouse that's not really together.  Why not just let the official scorer make the call and forget the politics of appeals?

Online blue911

Agreed.  Seems a sign of a clubhouse that's not really together.  Why not just let the official scorer make the call and forget the politics of appeals?

The sweet part is Rollins receives a bonus for winning a gold glove. Ole School doesn't have any bonuses written into his contract.

Offline Jordanz Meatballz

Are there enough games in the season left for Morse to catch DiMaggio?

Online blue911

Are there enough games in the season left for Morse to catch DiMaggio?

DiMaggio's dead. Don't imagine catching him would be too difficult