Author Topic: Recognize  (Read 3191 times)

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
Recognize
« Topic Start: May 04, 2007, 07:26:06 PM »
Ryan Zimmerman is the best player on this team.

Just a friendly reminder, since it seems like you guys have forgot this obvious fact.

We are privileged to have him on our otherwise sorry squad. He is the only reason i have hope in the Nationals future.

Offline Dave B

Re: Recognize
« Reply #1: May 04, 2007, 07:28:13 PM »
Still, is an RBI too much to ask?

« Reply #2: May 04, 2007, 07:29:04 PM »
Really?  Again, I ask you, what has he done for us today, not last season, but today?

No one denies he is a good player and that he is/will be the face of this franchise.  But come on, anyone can see he sucks right now.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #3: May 04, 2007, 07:36:47 PM »
No one says he's not a talent. But let's face it, he has not produced. He is the number 3 hitter on a major-league team. Look at the names/performances around the league that occupy that position. I don't blame Zimmerman. He's a kid, he's the future, and we should expect to see good things from him, hopefully soon. But he stinks by any reasonable comparison. You can say "our otherwise sorry lineup", but right now he is one of those guys that makes it sorry. There are only 8 guys in that lineup. Take away Schneider who is there because he is the catcher and Zimmerman is one of 7, of which Zimmerman is one of the worst this season, not the guy being dragged down.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #4: May 04, 2007, 07:42:20 PM »
I just want to remind you guys how ridiculous the ridiculing of him after one so-so month is. I haven't even questioned him once this month. I know that at the end of the season he's going to be easily batting over .300 with 20 + jacks and a respectable amount of RBI.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #5: May 04, 2007, 07:50:06 PM »
Whether or not Ryan Zimmerman is the Nats best players remains to be seen. Take away his one good offensive game, in which he got his only HR and half of his 8 RBI, he's not even a good AAA third baseman, let alone the Nats best player. Add to that his 7 errors, can you tell me HONESTLY, that if Ryan Zimmerman wasn't the Nats 2005 number 1 pick, and if this was his first try at the bigs, would you still think he was the Nats best player? If you're honest, the answer is no, because he absolutely hasn't.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #6: May 04, 2007, 07:53:04 PM »
he's not even a good AAA third baseman

:funny: :stupid: :rofl:

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #7: May 04, 2007, 07:54:56 PM »
OH look, Air Zimmerman took PART OF MY MESSAGE and quoted OUT OF CONTEXT...

And people call me a smart ass...

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #8: May 04, 2007, 08:03:30 PM »
Ryan Zimmerman is the best player on this team.

Just a friendly reminder, since it seems like you guys have forgot this obvious fact.

We are privileged to have him on our otherwise sorry squad. He is the only reason i have hope in the Nationals future.

Like Kenz A Fan said, this remains to be seen. It's difficult to continue to believe your assertion when he has failed to produce anything this year.

But let's hope you're right and he gets himself together.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #9: May 04, 2007, 08:40:33 PM »
I love Zimm... I've even put him on my sig along with Washington's greatest baseball players.  But he needs to step it up soon or people are going to start doubting all the hype.  I too hope he can put it together - and quickly!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #10: May 04, 2007, 09:45:26 PM »
If I had a favorite player, Zimmerman would be a top candidate, but I've always been a fan of the team, not any one player, be it more or less than any other. As long as they are Nats, I reserve the right to like, dislike, praise, criticize and rant about anything and everything about the players or the team.

I want RZ to get back to last season's form, but as this season progresses I wonder how much of his great number can be attributed to his hitting behind Soriano and in front of Johnson for most of the season. Teams showed a lot more respect for Johnson's hitting abilities, than they have for Kearns, Young and now Church. Who is hitting in front and behind you is a large factor in how good a player's numbers end up being.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #11: May 04, 2007, 10:30:59 PM »
He's what, 23? 'Nuff said.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #12: May 04, 2007, 10:45:30 PM »
He's what, 23? 'Nuff said.

'Nuff said? I would disagree, because I am not sure what that means. I will agree that he is young, but so what?

Look, no one is judging the guy's season on one month. No one is judging his ability, talent, or likely marvelous career on one month. We are judging his one month on one month. And that one month has been bad by any standard, and has been horrendous for a number 3 hitter.

I would be shocked if this did not turn around, and soon, and I expect him to finish with a fine season even compared to last year. When that happens, I don't want to hear I told you so's. We aren't saying that he won't end up being great. We're saying that you can't ignore the impact on an offense of having an everyday, number-3 hitter having the worst OBP of any of the regular lineup and the second-worst OPS after its poor-hitting catcher.

IOW, the team needs him.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #13: May 04, 2007, 10:54:21 PM »
'Nuff said? I would disagree, because I am not sure what that means. I will agree that he is young, but so what?

Look, no one is judging the guy's season on one month. No one is judging his ability, talent, or likely marvelous career on one month. We are judging his one month on one month. And that one month has been bad by any standard, and has been horrendous for a number 3 hitter.

I would be shocked if this did not turn around, and soon, and I expect him to finish with a fine season even compared to last year. When that happens, I don't want to hear I told you so's. We aren't saying that he won't end up being great. We're saying that you can't ignore the impact on an offense of having an everyday, number-3 hitter having the worst OBP of any of the regular lineup and the second-worst OPS after its poor-hitting catcher.

IOW, the team needs him.
QFT & 'Nuff said. :pimp:

« Reply #14: May 04, 2007, 11:22:55 PM »

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #15: May 05, 2007, 11:28:09 AM »

IOW, the team needs him.

Yeah what he said.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #16: May 05, 2007, 12:07:20 PM »

IOW, the team needs him.

My point is, he's 23 and is gonna go through his ups and downs. He's a very young "face of the franchise," and people shouldn't expect him to be spectacular always.

I agree with you 100%.

I think I just tried to imply too much, haha.

natsfan1a

« Reply #17: May 05, 2007, 03:41:36 PM »
He must have heard you as he just had his 3rd hit of the day.

I love Zimm... I've even put him on my sig along with Washington's greatest baseball players.  But he needs to step it up soon or people are going to start doubting all the hype.  I too hope he can put it together - and quickly!

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #18: May 05, 2007, 06:21:36 PM »
3 for 5.

Run scored.

Stolen base.

Zimmerman is the real deal. Expect a bounce back May from #11, he's gonna bat .350.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #19: May 05, 2007, 11:48:25 PM »
3 for 5.

Run scored.

Stolen base.

Zimmerman is the real deal. Expect a bounce back May from #11, he's gonna bat .350.

Let's not get carried away. He hit .280 last year if I remember correctly. I expect him to even out at around .280-.290, with around 20 HRs and less than 100 RBIs or around there. The people ahead of him don't get on, so he never has a chance.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #20: May 06, 2007, 12:47:09 AM »
Let's not get carried away. He hit .280 last year if I remember correctly. I expect him to even out at around .280-.290, with around 20 HRs and less than 100 RBIs or around there. The people ahead of him don't get on, so he never has a chance.

I was talking about the month of May. I don't think he's going to finish the season at .350, i realistically think he will finish a little over .300 at the end of the season (something like .310)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #21: May 06, 2007, 12:54:34 AM »
I was talking about the month of May. I don't think he's going to finish the season at .350, i realistically think he will finish a little over .300 at the end of the season (something like .310)
I think Zimm's a trooper and just going through a funk.  He'll get it in gear soon.

natsfan1a

« Reply #22: May 06, 2007, 06:59:14 AM »
Let's go, Ryan (Z.), clap-clap-clapclapclap!
 Oh, heck, let's go all of the Ryans! :D

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #23: May 07, 2007, 01:15:53 AM »
Another game, another web gem for #11. Proving once again he's the best fielding 3B in baseball.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #24: May 07, 2007, 03:09:47 AM »
Another game, another web gem for #11. Proving once again he's the best fielding 3B in baseball.
As always, Air Zimmerman is on top of his game.   :icon_mrgreen:

3rd basemen with most errors in major league baseball as of May 7, 2007:
  1.  M Lowell  BOS 8
  2.  R Zimmerman WSH 7
  3.  A Gordon  KC 6
  4.  W Helms PHI 6
  5.  H Blalock TEX 5
  6.  M Ensberg  HOU 5
  7.  D Wright  NYM 5
  8.  G Atkins  COL 4
  9.  J Crede  CWS 4
  10.  E Encarnacion  CIN 4