Author Topic: Playoff ticket distribution for season ticket groups?  (Read 9226 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Frankly, all talk about the demand for post-season tickets is pure guesswork. You know, the Nats have never been there before. We really don't know what will happen. Comparing these games to the Yankees series or some other hot reg season ticket is a reach.

In addition to the die-hards, post-season games have this way of drawing people who just want to say they've been there.

But it's fun to talk about. My gut instinct is that lower bowl seats will be hard to come by and every game will be a sellout. Don't laugh. Certain cities don't sell out postseason games. I think Tampa is one.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Anyone else having to gulp hard at paying 4 - 5 times your regular season seat price for world series games?  Man, I'd love it and would likely do it, but I usually treat my guest to games and that is a lot of cash.  Also, I'm the one whose credit card is being charged for my group. I wonder what this does to my credit rating to start flowing this much :money: through my balances.

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
But just think of all the miles...

Also, I'm the one whose credit card is being charged for my group. I wonder what this does to my credit rating to start flowing this much :money: through my balances.

Offline HalfSmokes

I can't imagine it'll be that bad if you're willing to sit in the cheap seats

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I can't imagine it'll be that bad if you're willing to sit in the cheap seats

I don't really care where I sit, I just want to be there.

Offline HalfSmokes

Sections 401 and 402 retail for $10 (I've sat there many times and usually pay less than that on stub hub) the views are good enough (if your wife comes 401 has great views of the Capitol) and no self important windbag will want to be seen there- I think there's an outside possibility of getting seats there for around face (playoff not regular season)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I don't know how the park is built, but some stadiums take out seats for auxiliary press boxes.  Of course, that's what the roof of the Red Loft is for. Can you imagine Millar up there with a beer cup on a fishing line?

Offline HalfSmokes

Build the giant baseball- make it a media dome

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Nah, I want a tribute to me out there.  build a half dome, tan with black and grey around the sides, and stick a couple of glass dishes connected by brass pipe in front facing the field.

Online RobDibblesGhost

First off, any amount you pay over your 2013 ticket price will be credited to your credit card (I got the exact same explanation from my ticket rep).

My season tickets are $17 and the playoff breakdown for them are as such:

$17 for the wild card game
$30 for the divisional round
$60 for the championship round
$105 for the World Series

Interesting.  Those prices look pretty identical to what I've been told are the prices for my two seats (normally $10 each).  $765 for the first possible nine games, and then $840 for two seats for the WS.  $10 up to $105.  Yikes.   

No one will be gettng WS tickets on Stubhub for less than several hundred dollars.  Expect it.  I bet even the cheapest earlier round tickets will run at least $200-300 on the secondary market.

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Treasure bath!  Where's the Pissboy??

Interesting.  Those prices look pretty identical to what I've been told are the prices for my two seats (normally $10 each).  $765 for the first possible nine games, and then $840 for two seats for the WS.  $10 up to $105.  Yikes.   

No one will be gettng WS tickets on Stubhub for less than several hundred dollars.  Expect it.  I bet even the cheapest earlier round tickets will run at least $200-300 on the secondary market.

Online blue911

Treasure bath!  Where's the Pissboy??

For that kind of dough,  they better use hand warmers

Offline Baseball is Life

Anyone else having to gulp hard at paying 4 - 5 times your regular season seat price for world series games?  Man, I'd love it and would likely do it, but I usually treat my guest to games and that is a lot of cash.  Also, I'm the one whose credit card is being charged for my group. I wonder what this does to my credit rating to start flowing this much :money: through my balances.

Here's a trick I'm using to help with cash flow. I'm asking my partners to pay in full for the reg season plan. I'm then putting down the 12.5% min and going on the installment plan. I'm using the rest of the money to buy the strips. Whatever strip tickets end up not being used get applied back toward the plan.

I'm holding a draft lottery to distribute tickets. They pay me for whatever games they get.

Offline rbw5t

I actually called my ticket rep about the two extras the day I got the email, emailed back a signed contract, and the tickets showed up in My Nationals Tickets about 4 days later waiting for payment. My 2 "extra" strips are 21 rows behind my season tickets in the same section. They did cost more than my ST strip by a few hundred dollars for my 2 seats.

I've had no luck getting any answers about anything from my rep.  Does anyone know whether, if we just buy the renewal through the website, the extra strips will show up for purchase?

Offline Wormer

I've had no luck getting any answers about anything from my rep.  Does anyone know whether, if we just buy the renewal through the website, the extra strips will show up for purchase?

I called a few hours after renewing and they added the extra strip for me.  It showed up about 5 hours later but they did say it could take 24-48 hours. (under promise/over deliver)

However, I assume you would have to call for a few reasons.
1. They need to know where you want to sit.  As close to your current seats as possible or somewhere else in the park.(assume you can only move to a less expensive location)
2. The seats are taken out of inventory once they put them on your account.  They would not want to do this unless they were sure you wanted them.
3. Technical limitations :-)

Offline rbw5t

I called a few hours after renewing and they added the extra strip for me.  It showed up about 5 hours later but they did say it could take 24-48 hours. (under promise/over deliver)

However, I assume you would have to call for a few reasons.
1. They need to know where you want to sit.  As close to your current seats as possible or somewhere else in the park.(assume you can only move to a less expensive location)
2. The seats are taken out of inventory once they put them on your account.  They would not want to do this unless they were sure you wanted them.
3. Technical limitations :-)

That makes sense -- thanks!!

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
I just want to know where and when I can get some "cheap" seats to a playoff game?

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
My wife reminded me that her cousin owns both a Skins luxury box and a Nats one. She's gonna ask him about helping me get a ticket, if not maybe a seat in his box ;) I'd have never asked though if it weren't for her. I don't want to be "that guy".

Offline Baseball is Life

I just want to know where and when I can get some "cheap" seats to a playoff game?

In a parallel universe.

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman

I called my rep on Friday and she said you have to specifically request them.  They showed up in my account a couple of hours later.

Offline rbw5t

Got my 3 strips today!  I have one seat in 405 for a partial regular season package.  All 3 strips are in 403, 1 in row A, and the other 2 in row H.  The extra two cost $67 extra per strip ($437 vs $370), for slightly worse seats. 

Does anyone know the per series breakdown for seats in 403-405?

I hope we go deep and that I don't get any of my money back!

Offline Sharp

Hahahahaha.