Author Topic: Sure hope...  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Coladar

Re: Sure hope...
« Reply #25: October 10, 2012, 06:53:53 PM »
Fine. Call it what you want... Just don't want to see someone say we should be happy with the season... Right after the team is bounced from the playoffs.

Which I :pray: won't happen.

Honestly I think making this post is doom and gloomy. I expect us to pull out a miracle tomorrow, forcing a f***ing Friday night party! At 1am Friday night after an insane game 5 I expect us all to be dancing in the streets.

That said, pessimistic as your post is, if it happens you are right. We go on the road, best record. Pull out game one stomping the Cards. Then get raped the next two games. A nearly 100 win season doesn't mean crap then, particularly when this is the lower seeded wild card team. Crap, ANY season in MLB HISTORY and this team is sitting at home come October 4th. There needs to be a long hard look if it goes bad, because even if they are the defending Champs? They lost their manager. Pujols. Used Carpenter in WC game. This ain't the same 2011 team. Then add our win in game one, and if we get blown out tomorrow and people are saying it was a great season, I call crap. Even if they mention we have four guys with playoff experience, I call crap. The Cardinals shouldn't even be in the playoffs, and never would have been before. We have the best record in baseball. That's all that matters.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #26: October 10, 2012, 07:40:58 PM »
Don't worry, we got old reliable Ross Detwiler to save the season! Sure can trust that guy

Most important game he will EVER pitch.He has looked horrible the last two games. He refuses to throw his off-speed stuff and the Cards are a fastball hitting team. I don't see him surviving the 3rd or 4th inning.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #27: October 10, 2012, 09:46:04 PM »
I hate you sad sacks almost as much as the freaking cards and their loser fans.

I think it must be something in the water at Nats Park. Jesus, today sucked, we all get it. This crap about "only two home games" and viewing us as already out is ridiculous. We win tomorrow and Friday is the most exciting game. Ever. I'm looking forward to Friday night, a game starting at 8:30. Seems 90% have us already out of the playoffs.

One reason I've been less than pleased with the influx of fair weather fans. After 2009, this is nothing. If you're a Nats fan, a true Nats fan... And yet posters on here with tens of thousands of posts who registered years ago are preparing their nooses just as much as anyone.

We win tomorrow, everything past is past. Then Friday is all that matters. If we win just one game. God, focus on that. If we lose, then scream about the sky falling.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #28: October 10, 2012, 09:47:54 PM »
This is a pointless thread considering that we will win tomorrow and friday and advance to the nlcs!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #29: October 10, 2012, 10:08:41 PM »
I sure hope the team comes to play tomorrow and Friday, but, if by chance they don't... I really don't want to see any "sucks we lost but it still was a great season!" type posts.

Save that crap for November/December. IF we lose there better be nothing but gloom and bad attitude. Otherwise you deserve to be called an ASSCLOWN.

Just my .02 cents.

Some clowns were already pushing this on the radio today.  :hang:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #30: October 10, 2012, 10:10:11 PM »

yeah i'm going full out LoD/LAC this offseason if we end our season tomorrow.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #31: October 10, 2012, 10:11:22 PM »
yeah i'm going full out LoD/LAC this offseason if we end our season tomorrow.

I don't see why. You can at least wait to see what they do in the offseason. And I don't mean whine because they haven't signed a player by 12/1/12 or every day after that like you usually do. I mean actually wait.  :?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #32: October 10, 2012, 10:11:55 PM »
I don't see why. You can at least wait to see what they do in the offseason. And I don't mean whine because they haven't signed a player by 12/1/12 or every day after that like you usually do.  :?

lol shut up you're worse.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #33: October 10, 2012, 10:12:58 PM »
I'm pretty happy with what the team has done this year, so Kiss my Ass, Clown. ;)

I sure hope the team comes to play tomorrow and Friday, but, if by chance they don't... I really don't want to see any "sucks we lost but it still was a great season!" type posts.

Save that crap for November/December. IF we lose there better be nothing but gloom and bad attitude. Otherwise you deserve to be called an ASSCLOWN.

Just my .02 cents.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #34: October 10, 2012, 10:17:24 PM »
lol shut up you're worse.

Poll? Loser to permaban list?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #35: October 10, 2012, 10:49:36 PM »

Which part? Be happy they did well in the regular season?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #36: October 10, 2012, 10:51:08 PM »
Which part? Be happy they did well in the regular season?

Yes.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #37: October 10, 2012, 11:45:38 PM »
I think we have had this very discussion quite a few times in recent years in the OT/Caps threads

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #38: October 11, 2012, 08:59:35 AM »
No one remembers the team who loses in the first round of the playoffs. Totally forgettable.

Gotta find a way to win these two freaking games.

I'm sure our owners will... and MASN. I can see it now:

"WERE YOU THERE WHEN THE NATS WON THE DIVISION AND LOST IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS?"

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #39: October 11, 2012, 10:37:53 AM »
Don't worry, we got old reliable Ross Detwiler to save the season! Sure can trust that guy

:rofl:

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #40: October 11, 2012, 12:07:34 PM »
Just remember guys, there is no crying in baseball. Just sulking. A lot of sulking.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #41: October 11, 2012, 12:08:23 PM »
I'm sure our owners will... and MASN. I can see it now:

"WERE YOU THERE WHEN THE NATS WON THE DIVISION AND LOST IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS?"

Since I have tickets to both Game 4 and a potential Game 5, decades from now I can be the grumpy old man who talks about how he attended the last playoff game ever held in Washington.