Author Topic: Matt Antonelli reports that Matt Antonelli has signed with the Nationals  (Read 3341 times)

Offline John

His blog is great! I don't think he will have a problem with doing an interview here.

I especially liked this from the Blogging From The Bleachers entry, 2/2/2011 ---

What made you choose the Nationals? Will you be attending Spring Training with them? Rumor has it they’re still looking for a utility infielder. Do you think you could fill that role if given the chance?

The Nationals seemed to be one of the teams that was most interested in me, so it is always nice to go somewhere that really wants you. After speaking with a bunch of baseball people they all had nothing but great things to say about the Nationals organization and the people that ran it. They were a team where I could go to the minor leagues this year and get my at-bats to show I am fully healthy and can contribute. I will do whatever it is they ask of me, so if they want me to try and play a few positions I would definitely be willing to do that. Whatever it takes to get me back to the Major League level.