Author Topic: WHY WE WILL MISS THE PLAYOFFS  (Read 1780 times)

Nationalzfanatic88

WHY WE WILL MISS THE PLAYOFFS
« Topic Start: September 18, 2005, 12:47:32 PM »
You know afte reading Yuda's gameday thing, I realized that there's one reason and only one reason that we will miss the playoffs. Its not our horrible hitting, our low payroll or our slew of injuries. I honestly believe we would have no problems getting over that. But the only problem I can think of, is Frank Robinson.

When people used to hate on Frank, I used to think "they dont know what they're talking about FR is a hall-of-famer" but I now honestly realize that Frank is the ONLY REASON we wont make the playoffs. I mean, I'm sure I dont have the experience to say this, but Frank is the worst manager of ALL TIME. The people with more experience please back me up. Its just such a damn shame that this inexperienced team overcame all obstacles and criticisms and in the end it wont matter because FRANK is screwing this team over. I just feel sorry for the players who are so determined to make the playoffs and dont realize how much of a crap head their manager is.

THe bright sides are in our first year of existence we get pennant race experience. Ryne Sandberg said in June that he wondered if inexperience will hurt us and it obviously has. Next year, our players will return knowing what to expect when it comes to August and September. Also, I heard that there's a good chance that Brian Cashman is going to be our GM next year.

But seriously, if the New Owners are stupid enough to hire Frank, that means this franchise is going to burn in hell quick

Our only hope now is if the other teams completely melt down, with the Marlins already taking the first step

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #1: September 18, 2005, 06:57:52 PM »
when does FR's contract end?

hillnat

« Reply #2: September 18, 2005, 07:28:40 PM »
poorly written but I agree

Offline Dave B

« Reply #3: September 18, 2005, 08:53:02 PM »
Why do people think Cashman is the answer?  What has this guy done?  He's operated with an unlimited budget and depleted the yankees farm system.  Maybe these moves werent his (if George forced him to do it).  That would just make him a "yes" man.  The only thing he has proven he can do it put up with Steinbrenners crap.

Replacing Frank or Bowden will set the team back a couple years. I think there is something to be said for continuity.  This team is over .500 when nobody thught they would be.  So they teased us. But you gotta give them credit for what they've accomplished.

Bowden has done this with a minimal budget.  Give him another 20 mil this offseason and see what he can do.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #4: September 18, 2005, 10:00:42 PM »
If we make the playoffs (now a VERY long shot) I agree that we should retain Bowden and FR, it would only be fair.

But, if we don't make it, the new owner should look hard at what kind of upgrade could be made.

Davey Johnson is back in managing, leading the US team in the international tournament (and doing very well, last I heard), and has let it be known he would consider returning to the majors.

He would be a terrific enhancement for this team, plus a huge finger directed to Camden Yards.  Two big pluses!

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #5: September 19, 2005, 03:32:43 AM »
Quote from: "Dave B"

Bowden has done this with a minimal budget.  Give him another 20 mil this offseason and see what he can do.

give him another 20 mill?

so he can obsess over more toolsy outfielders instead of addressing the REAL team needs?

I don't think so.

pat P.T. Bowden on his head, thank him for his work, give him a doggy treat and send him back to cold pizza, thanks.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #6: September 19, 2005, 03:33:22 AM »
Quote from: "Nats19"

at the end of this season.

both him and Bowden are on 1-year deals that expire at the conclusion of the season.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #7: September 20, 2005, 01:23:41 AM »
Quote from: "Nats19"

None of the front office or coaching staff is signed past this season.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Re: WHY WE WILL MISS THE PLAYOFFS
« Reply #8: September 20, 2005, 01:29:01 AM »
Quote from: "Nationalzfanatic88"
Also, I heard that there's a good chance that Brian Cashman is going to be our GM next year.

Cashman is most definitely NOT THE ANSWER. Cashman has shown the world he cant do it with a monster budget, neither can he hold on to his top prospects. I'm surprised there are any decent players left in the Yankees farm system. If the new owners hire Cashman, I'll lend my support to another team. The Nats don't need another OHMY Minaya. There are better choices out there...

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #9: September 20, 2005, 01:30:36 AM »
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"
pat P.T. Bowden on his head, thank him for his work, give him a doggy treat and send him back to cold pizza, thanks.

I second that...

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #10: September 20, 2005, 01:30:44 AM »
^^^ you would really ditch the Nats because of who the owner is? :(  Do the players even have any control over that?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #11: September 20, 2005, 01:40:27 AM »
Quote from: "The Chief"
^^^ you would really ditch the Nats because of who the owner is? :(  Do the players even have any control over that?

Who was that message to?   I'm not planning on leaving the Nats, after 37 years with the team, very good as well as God awful managers and GMs, I'm not going anywhere.. I'm still gonna pray the GM aint Bowden or Cashman.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #12: September 20, 2005, 02:46:42 AM »
OK good to know :)

Offline Dave B

« Reply #13: September 20, 2005, 09:38:44 AM »
[/quote]
 I'm surprised there are any decent players left in the Yankees farm system. If the new owners hire Cashman, ..[/quote]

That credit would be given to Gene Michael.  Former GM from Years ago and current Scouting Director I believe.  If this guy wants to be a GM, I'd offer him a contract

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #14: September 20, 2005, 02:18:27 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
If the new owners hire Cashman, I'll lend my support to another team.

Ken, like the Chief I read this and thought bad thoughts.  Did you mean something different or are we reading this in a way you don't intend?