Author Topic: BREAK UP THE CARDS; ON A ROLL; THREE IN A ROW  (Read 1127 times)

nospinzone1

Final   
  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
 Pirates 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 0
 Cardinals  0 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 x 3 10 0

W: B Looper (6-3, 3.10), S: J Isringhausen (12)
L: T Gorzelanny (5-3, 2.51)
HR: PIT - J Bautista (3)
Recap | Game Trax | Box Score | Play-by-Play | Head-to-Head 

Subscribe 

Offline Ray D

The Cards aren't going to lie down all season. Whether they are breaking out now or not we don't know yet, but it would be the worst possible time.

nospinzone1

The Cards aren't going to lie down all season. Whether they are breaking out now or not we don't know yet, but it would be the worst possible time.

well, they started hitting; the pitching is suspect.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
I actually made a friendly bet about Zimmerman and Pujols with a co-worker at the firm.  We both made predictions for our players:

My Bet: Zimmerman batting .290 with 25 HR and 100 RBI.

Friend's Bet: Pujols batting .325 with 35 HR and 110 RBI.

nospinzone1

I actually made a friendly bet about Zimmerman and Pujols with a co-worker at the firm.  We both made predictions for our players:

My Bet: Zimmerman batting .290 with 25 HR and 100 RBI.

Friend's Bet: Pujols batting .325 with 35 HR and 110 RBI.

I think you are young to lose. Pujols is a more pure slugger.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Those numbers for PUjols on the bet look low for Pujols.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Yeah, 45 is a safer bet with Pujols.  He can easily hit 35.

Offline saltydad

So Nospin....who are you going to be rooting for this next series? I feel for you. As an ex-New Yorker, I'm a Yankees fan all the way. Last year when we played them, Shawn wanted to know who I was rooting for; I told him the Nats but that I wouldn't cry in my beer if it went the other way.  :lol:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
So Nospin....who are you going to be rooting for this next series? I feel for you. As an ex-New Yorker, I'm a Yankees fan all the way. Last year when we played them, Shawn wanted to know who I was rooting for; I told him the Nats but that I wouldn't cry in my beer if it went the other way.  :lol:

And saltydad, it did indeed go the "other way".  Those two wins were the highlight of 2006 for me.  Listened to game 2 (Daryl Ward scoring all the way from first, Mariano Rivera getting smoked) and attended game 3 (Zimmerman walk off vs. Wang).  That was so much fun.

And saltydad, it did indeed go the "other way".  Those two wins were the highlight of 2006 for me.  Listened to game 2 (Daryl Ward scoring all the way from first, Mariano Rivera getting smoked) and attended game 3 (Zimmerman walk off vs. Wang).  That was so much fun.

That has to be one of the Top 3 Most Memorable Series for the Nats (so far).  The Daryl Ward scoring from first is when I almost drove the car off the road screaming in panic and excitement!

nospinzone1

THE SENATORS WERE MY FIRST LOVE; THEY HAVE PRIORITY ; I WILL SETTLE FOR A SPLIT.

Offline NatMan

How about break up dem Nats! 3 in a row...........forget St.Louis we are on a rollllllllllll

Offline sportsfan882

THE SENATORS WERE MY FIRST LOVE; THEY HAVE PRIORITY ; I WILL SETTLE FOR A SPLIT.
It's a 3 game series.  I just hope the Nats can win 1 game and thus achieve a 4-3 road trip. 

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
It's a 3 game series.  I just hope the Nats can win 1 game and thus achieve a 4-3 road trip. 

Yeah, this is the Cards not the Reds - records aside, this is the defending champion. Right now, I am  happy were were able to guarantee the 3-4 trip we wanted, but it will be much better for the team to come back with at least one more from the upcoming series.

nospinzone1

Yeah, this is the Cards not the Reds - records aside, this is the defending champion. Right now, I am  happy were were able to guarantee the 3-4 trip we wanted, but it will be much better for the team to come back with at least one more from the upcoming series.

i am all for that.

Offline saltydad

I agree...it was. By going the other way, I meant my primary allegiance was to the Nats, but that if the Yanks took the series, I wouldn't be ruining my Sam Adams!