Poll

How will the Nats do on the 7 game roadtrip?

7-0
0 (0%)
6-1
1 (6.7%)
5-2
3 (20%)
4-3
2 (13.3%)
3-4
8 (53.3%)
2-5
1 (6.7%)
1-6
0 (0%)
0-7
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: How many games will the Nats win on this roadtrip?  (Read 2530 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Game 1: Speigner VS Arroyo
Game 2: Chico VS Saarloos
Game 3: Simontacchi VS Lohse
Game 4: Bacsik VS Belisle
Game 5: Bowie VS Reyes
Game 6: Speigner VS Thompson
Game 7: Chico VS Wainwright

I'll go with 3-4 (2-2 VS Cincy and 1-2 VS St. Louis).

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I gotta agree with the slightly pessimistic 3-4.  This bullpen abuse is going to badly erode their effectiveness starting about now.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
I gotta agree with the slightly pessimistic 3-4.  This bullpen abuse is going to badly erode their effectiveness starting about now.

That is what I voted for. It's pretty amazing that we're thinking that a 3-4 road trip for this team as pessimistic. While it stinks that we are going on the road with this for a rotation, part of me will breathe a sigh of relief if we come back home with 3 wins. That will make May a better month than April, and that is pretty much how I am judging this season. Any stretch of games resembling .500 ball is an achievement for this club.

Offline kimnat

Wow, I actually voted the same thing.  And that was before you two did.  So, the ole "gut feeling" must not be too bad here.

Offline PC

Three would be a "logical" target.  See my thread about the last 9-game road trip.

Also, 3-4 would also mean we'd have a better record at the end of the trip then we have right now.

Offline arlington

I went optimistic and said 3-4 as well.  I remember when the Nats went to Cincy in 2005 and got their heads handed to them.  When a team that can't score runs plays a team that can, things can get ugly.  And since the Nats have a patchwork rotation, I'm afraid that at least one game will go to the Reds in a demoralizingly big way. 

I am hoping Cincy's pitching (especially in relief) stays bad enough to give the Nats chances to win two games late, and that the Nats convert at least one. 

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
I'll say 4-3 (3-1 against Cincy and 1-2 against the Cards)

And no, I'm not just saying it to break up the unanimous decision ;)

joker

yeah im not sure about st louis but i think we'll get 3-1 or 4-0 against cincy

Offline Ray D

I don't understand why everyone is giving the Cards an edge over the Reds. They're doing about the same (actually the Reds have one more win) and we traditionally do better against the Cards than the Reds.

6-4   (2 of three from each)

joker

you are right the cards are a mess right now

Offline UMDNats

Anybody notice that this is the time of year we always play well before we suck? Our first year we had the 10-game winning streak around this time and last year we played well at this time, too.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
I went optimistic and said 3-4 as well.  I remember when the Nats went to Cincy in 2005 and got their heads handed to them.  When a team that can't score runs plays a team that can, things can get ugly.  And since the Nats have a patchwork rotation, I'm afraid that at least one game will go to the Reds in a demoralizingly big way. 

I am hoping Cincy's pitching (especially in relief) stays bad enough to give the Nats chances to win two games late, and that the Nats convert at least one. 

I went 4-3 hoping that my lucky prediction of 7-3 in our recent homestand will carry into this road trip. However, I'm cautious. I recall that series against the Reds in 2005 and also how well we were playing when we played that 4 game home series against the Rockies last year thinking we were about to go on a roll and we got swept.  :?

Offline sportsfan882

I'd like to change my prediction.  They are going to lose every mother #$%@ing game.  Worst team in MLB, it's not even close. 

natsfan1a

I voted for 3-4. The loss tonight was demoralizing but on the plus side, our bats are heating up. Also, Winston Abreu and Saul Rivera did good work out of the 'pen (Jon Rauch, not so much).

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
BIG FAT ZERO

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline shoeshineboy

I'd like to change my prediction.  They are going to lose every mother #$%@ing game.  Worst team in MLB, it's not even close. 

What, you didn't have tonight as one of the 4 losses to start with? :)

Offline sportsfan882

What, you didn't have tonight as one of the 4 losses to start with? :)
Yep, but we had this one in the bag and lost it in the most demoralizing of ways.  This horrific loss will send us into a deep slump. 

Offline shoeshineboy

Yep, but we had this one in the bag and lost it in the most demoralizing of ways.  This horrific loss will send us into a deep slump. 

Yeah, that's the worry, but it is why Manny gets paid and when the "leaders" on the team get tested. It would have been gravy to win tonight. Now they need to find a way to let it go.

Offline sportsfan882

Yeah, that's the worry, but it is why Manny gets paid and when the "leaders" on the team get tested. It would have been gravy to win tonight. Now they need to find a way to let it go.
Anything less than winning 2 of the next 3 is a huge, HUGE embarrassment and we will go on to get swept in St. Louis and will probably never recover for the rest of the season. Who are these leaders you speak of?  Kearns, Lopez, Schneider, etc..?  The ones that continually kill us at the plate (and in the field in Kearns' case).   

Offline shoeshineboy

Who are these leaders you speak of?

Notice I put "leaders" in quotes.

Offline saltydad

2-5, if we're lucky.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Danke Herr Schopenhauer ;-)

Anything less than winning 2 of the next 3 is a huge, HUGE embarrassment and we will go on to get swept in St. Louis and will probably never recover for the rest of the season. Who are these leaders you speak of?  Kearns, Lopez, Schneider, etc..?  The ones that continually kill us at the plate (and in the field in Kearns' case).  

natsfan1a

1 down, 2 to go.

Offline sportsfan882

OK, the Nats need to win 1 of the next 2 in Cincinnati and then 1 in St. Louis to give us a 3-4 road trip. 

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
nats are going to sweep the cards.

sorry nospin & bc