Author Topic: MVP 2005: A Washington Nationals Dynasty  (Read 10455 times)

Offline ColtonWillems

• "You have no integrity"
MVP 2005: A Washington Nationals Dynasty
« Reply #25: August 12, 2006, 11:21:31 AM »
I made a huge error in this game because instead of going to the box score, I clicked advance to next game, and from there, there is no way to get the box score, so I'll throw in some extra things to try to spice this one up.
Arizona Diamondbacks @ Washington Nationals (4-5)
L, 10-5
Game Summary: Although the Nats brought there bats out this game, it just was not enough as the Diamondbacks doubled what the Nats had thrown out there. Livan Hernandez made his return to RFK tonight as the starter for Arizona, he matched up against Tony Armas JR. Hernandez had a 3 run gem going the whole time he was in (8IP). To go along with the gem in his return to RFK, Livan hit a HR.

Here is an after game interview with Livan Hernandez:

Q. Livan, how does it feel to return to your old team, and show them a performance like that?
A. It feels great, It makes me feel good that I can come in here and pitch. It was also nice to have the fans behind me, and I feel very good about how I did.

Q. What was your first reaction when you were traded?
A. In all honesty I was not very surprised, the team had publicly stated that they were going for youth, I wanted to be here for that youth movement, but in the back of my mind I knew I wasn't going to be.

Q. When you hit the HR, how did that feel?
A. Amazing.

Q. If you could change one thing about your experience in Washington/Montreal what would it have been?
A. Nothing, the organization was great to me.

Q. How is life in Arizona treating you?
A. It is great out here, the fans treat me great with ovations every game, the owners and manager are very nice, and it is a fun ballpark to pitch in, hopefully I can stay there a long time.

I can get the linescore though (Arizona first)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
0 2 0 0 2 0 1 4 1 10 15 1
0 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 5 8 0