Author Topic: Follow The Prospects: Brian Goodwin, CF  (Read 52595 times)

Offline WhiteWhale

Re: Follow The Prospects: Brian Goodwin, CF
« Reply #125: August 28, 2012, 08:42:42 AM »
Saw things I liked last night, and things I didn't.

lead off single +. Getting thrown out later in the game going from first to third on single - . He hesitated on contact and then tried to push it. Don't know if he got a bad read, or if it was a tough one to read, either way, you don't try to take 3rd. seems to either hit the ball hard, or miss entirely. Struck out twice, once was his fault, but hey that happens. The second k from last night should come off the books for him. It was the last out of the game with the home team up by 2, and after a ~30 min delay earlier due to lights going out, the Ump wanted to go home. called out on 3 strikes without swinging, and not single one of them was even close. Hard to tell from where I was sitting how well he played CF, didn't see any mistakes, but without commentators smarter than me telling me he messed up and the benefit of replay, no way for me to tell (i'm much smarter when watching the game on TV)

He is as advertised - capable of it all, needs time. Unless he makes big improvements, 2013 is not his year - though not many are saying it was, so....