Author Topic: Vent Thread  (Read 8260 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Re: Vent Thread
« Reply #75: October 13, 2012, 02:29:24 AM »
Finally got back from the game, the Metro ride took forever.

All I want to say is THANK YOU NATS for the absolute ride. Today was an absolute heartbreaker. But it doesn't erase the last 6 months of absolute gold this team has been. 6 months of cheering hard, being cautiously optimistic about our future. 6 months of doubting that we'd make the playoffs, only to be absolutely stunned we came out not only best in the NL East but best in the whole damn league!! We broke every expectation, every prediction. It was nuts.

I have memories that I will last an absolute lifetime. The stuff of over the top stories told to children and grandchildren. I will be proud to talk about being in the stands Jayson's Werth's walkoff win, for singing Take On Me as loud as I possibly could when the Nats clinched the number one seed. For screaming at the first grand slam of the season. For being able to see the Nats win at Camden yards. To see Tyler Moore literally explode in Toronto. Getting to see Bryce Harper literally grow before our eyes. Staying up to watch the Nats beat the Mets in extra innings. Seeing Bernadina's game-saving grab in Houston. And that barely scratches the surface.

Nothing that happened today took that away. Nothing COULD take these memories away from me.

As a new fan this year, I have been incredibly lucky. I am so thankful.

And I know we'll be back next year. We'll be back. Count on it. Count on it.

These are the men that dreamed. These are the men who fought. And they'll continue to fight. I know it.

Glad you have perspective, but you should really make some happy-sunshine thread.