Author Topic: Food and How you Cook/Eat it (2009-2012)  (Read 97388 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: Food and How you Cook/Eat it.
« Reply #1675: July 30, 2012, 04:35:12 PM »
Just pretend the carbs don't count and that you're eating a crap ton of fiber! That way you're 'sticking' to your diet.

I'm sure you know all about this site... but I use http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61 for information on Keto and other types of diets.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1676: July 30, 2012, 04:38:56 PM »
So, I have to be on travel for three days starting on Sunday.  What are some good travel foods (i.e. not going to get me a hickory shampoo from the TSA) tha tI can take with me to keep me from stopping at the aeroport joints and gorging on empty calories. 

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1677: July 30, 2012, 04:40:27 PM »
Beef jerky. Almonds.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1678: July 30, 2012, 04:43:18 PM »
Beef jerky. Almonds.

I'm ordering some jerky today but almonds don't agree with me (unfortunately).  I was thinking of taking chicken breasts but that would definitely result in me being sent to Gitmo with my luck.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1679: July 30, 2012, 04:46:50 PM »
I'm ordering some jerky today but almonds don't agree with me (unfortunately).  I was thinking of taking chicken breasts but that would definitely result in me being sent to Gitmo with my luck.

My daily snacks usually include the following.

Stick of cheese
Serving of almonds
Serving of dry roasted edamame
Two cups of Chobani yogurt
Protein shake

I don't know what you can take with you that won't perish without a way of keeping it cool.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1680: July 30, 2012, 04:50:05 PM »
My daily snacks usually include the following.

Stick of cheese
Serving of almonds
Serving of dry roasted edamame
Two cups of Chobani yogurt
Protein shake

I don't know what you can take with you that won't perish without a way of keeping it cool.

I'd like to take Muscle Milk but that looks like the fastest way to end up with a cracked skull in this land of security theatre and pseudo-police brutality.  Might just have to get some extra packs of beef jerky.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #1681: July 30, 2012, 04:55:19 PM »
Parma ham, capicolli, and provolone on olive bread with a nice fresh garlicky aoli.  Some anchovies if you want some extra space on the plane.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #1682: July 30, 2012, 05:50:35 PM »
I'm thinking of giving the "almond flour + crushed pork rinds" as a breading for frying.  Maybe some chicken.

• babble on
« Reply #1683: July 30, 2012, 06:13:45 PM »
Be sure to fry in lard

I'm thinking of giving the "almond flour + crushed pork rinds" as a breading for frying.  Maybe some chicken.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #1684: July 30, 2012, 06:16:59 PM »
You would make puddin' with lard.  :rofl:

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1686: August 06, 2012, 09:26:37 AM »
Anybody tried Cafe Rio yet?

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/americas-best-mexican-restaurant-opens-its-sixth-east-coast-location-chantilly-va-162934556.html

SALT LAKE CITY, July 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- (http://www.myprgenie.com) -- Cafe Rio Mexican Grill announces the opening of its sixth east coast location: Chantilly (located in Fairfax County, Virginia). The new location opening, scheduled for July 25th, marks the #1-ranked Mexican restaurant's 53rd U.S. location so far. In celebration, Cafe Rio will donate $2,500 to the Fairfax County School System and $2,500 to its favorite charity, Hope For The Warriors.

But this restaurant's charity goes beyond opening day. In its now well-known support of the military, the nation's favorite Mexican Grill will also offer Military Mondays, granting a 25% discount to all active military and its families. And, Cafe Rio will be donating 25 cents for every burrito purchased, which has totaled more than $15,000 in donations to date.

Cafe Rio's generosity and commitment to excellence is most evident in the freshness of its ingredients and the size of its portions. Recognized with over 60 awards for its made-from-scratch meals, Cafe Rio takes pride in using only fresh ingredients in every meal. With no freezers or microwaves in any of its restaurants, each restaurant's staff starts early every morning, hand-squeezing over 1,000 limes per day, hand-scooping fresh avocados, and making secret recipes from scratch. Every tortilla is handmade to order right in front of the customers in an open-view kitchen by an experienced tortilla maker.

Cafe Rio Mexican Grill was recently ranked the #1 Restaurant in the nation by Sandelman and Associates' 2011 Quick-Track Award for overall customer satisfaction, edging out 200 of the nation's biggest restaurants, including Chipotle and In-n-Out Burger. Its restaurants span Arizona, California, Colorado, Maryland, Montana, Nevada, Utah, Virginia, and Wyoming. The Cafe Rio team is proud to add Chantilly to its list of available locations (13057 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy, Fairfax, VA 22033). 

PR Newswire (http://s.tt/1iiPl)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1687: August 06, 2012, 10:35:10 AM »
Cafe Rio's generosity and commitment to excellence is most evident in the freshness of its ingredients and the size of its portions.
they have been major contributors to the health care debate by supporting circulatory blockages, hypertension, and other health-related causes.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1688: August 06, 2012, 10:39:32 AM »
they have been major contributors to the health care debate by supporting circulatory blockages, hypertension, and other health-related causes.

They do love the sodium in all that Mexican and points southward cooking.

Online blue911

« Reply #1689: August 06, 2012, 10:46:29 AM »
They do love the sodium in all that Mexican and points southward cooking.

Lard, it ain't Mexican if they don't use lard

• babble on
« Reply #1690: August 06, 2012, 11:21:08 PM »
Nothing like a big plate of lardy porky refried beans with crema and a couple of fried eggs.  Tequila helps the digestion, so it's probably a better Sunday breakfast than say Tuesday.

Lard, it ain't Mexican if they don't use lard

Offline Clever

« Reply #1691: August 09, 2012, 09:12:55 PM »
I made a delicious steak salad today.  :P

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1692: August 09, 2012, 09:16:36 PM »
A trio of mahi fish tacos at Dogfish Head for me this evening, washed down with a couple of chicory stouts.  Damn they were good.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1693: August 09, 2012, 09:19:34 PM »
Where is the dogfish head restaurant?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1694: August 09, 2012, 09:24:15 PM »

Closest one to me in in the Greenbrier shopping center between Fairfax and Chantilly.  THere's also one conveniently close to my work office in G-Burg.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1695: August 09, 2012, 09:28:41 PM »
was walking around Alex Old Town with my roto co-owner / kick ass fisheries NGO lawyer friend the other night and was disappointed that the brew pub that used to be next to Chipotle's went out.  Probably was years ago, but I forget.  We ended up at the Columbia Firehouse (former portners) which had some great drafts.  still, what are the brew pubs near old town?  for those rare times I'm not at CCSP?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #1696: August 09, 2012, 09:30:55 PM »
Closest one to me in in the Greenbrier shopping center between Fairfax and Chantilly.  THere's also one conveniently close to my work office in G-Burg.

As opposed to your play office?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1697: August 09, 2012, 09:32:46 PM »

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #1698: August 09, 2012, 09:42:32 PM »
Closest to JCA is at 7 Corners, infront of Shoppers Food Warehouse on Rt. 7

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1699: August 09, 2012, 09:47:30 PM »
Thanks.  I have friends near there and occasionally am looking for a different place to eat/ drink.