Author Topic: Discussion in the Post of Nats Park (and MLB in general) Security  (Read 1220 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Offline blue911

Damn, I even hate to get started on this.    :)   It's kabuki.

Dudes in white face dressed as chicks?

Offline mitlen

Dudes in white face dressed as chicks?

After 1/2 hour at the Loft  ....   absolutely.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
I think it's just a ploy to reduce their insurance premiums.

Offline MorseTheHorse

Bruce Schneier is the worst. 

As one example, he states the metal detectors won't work and the link given for that says

"And the handful of studies that have been conducted into the efficacy of scanners have found that, at best, they merely divert terrorists into trying other things: when airports began installing tougher security screenings, plane hijacking fell, but other kinds of "bombings, armed attacks, hostage taking, and events which included death or wounded individuals" rose by an even greater margin."

OK, so metal detectors won't work b/c terrorists will attempt attacks at places other than a baseball game??  If that's the definition of not working...

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Last night I was told to take my cap off and walk past security with my arms up. Last week I was told that I couldn't bring in my Leatherman Micro. I've had no issues with the time it takes to get through but the security creep is getting to be a bit much.

Offline mitlen

Last night I was told to take my cap off and walk past security with my arms up. Last week I was told that I couldn't bring in my Leatherman Micro. I've had no issues with the time it takes to get through but the security creep is getting to be a bit much.

I've been asked several times this season to take my hat off.   I then lift my shirt and raise my hands.   

Offline Natsinpwc

They told me to take my cap off last night also.  Didn't know if that was new. Seems silly.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

They told me to take my cap off last night also.  Didn't know if that was new. Seems silly.

As mitlen noted, that seems to be pretty standard. They almost always ask me.

Offline wj73

I've been asked to remove my cap hat ever since OD this year.  59 year old women tend to look a bit questionable, I guess. 

Offline Natsinpwc

I've been asked to remove my cap hat ever since OD this year.  59 year old women tend to look a bit questionable, I guess.
Profiling.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
As mitlen noted, that seems to be pretty standard. They almost always ask me.

They've asked me to tip my cap to show that there is nothing hidden, removing the cap and walking through with my arms raised is new.

Offline mitlen

They've asked me to tip my cap to show that there is nothing hidden, removing the cap and walking through with my arms raised is new.

It's been pretty regular for me.   Now, I just take it off without the prompt.   I usually wear shirts (tee and collared) with the tail out.   So, I lift 'em up over the belt line so they can see I'm clean of weapons, etc.

I know we've had this discussion on the board before but his exercise is for show.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
had one guy drop from my ticket group due to the security sham.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Name wasn't Mohammed by any chance?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Name wasn't Mohammed by any chance?
Dude wears cycling shorts.  You can't hide anything in cycling shorts.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Dude wears cycling shorts.  You can't hide anything in cycling shorts.

:lmao: 

Offline mitlen

Offline Baseball is Life

That's a stretch.

I've been asked all season long to lift my cap and just recently they've started to ask me to raise my arms. I have no problem with it. It's a minor inconvenience.

And the fear mongering of how long the lines would be turned out to be bogus.

Offline mitlen

That's a stretch.

I've been asked all season long to lift my cap and just recently they've started to ask me to raise my arms. I have no problem with it. It's a minor inconvenience.

And the fear mongering of how long the lines would be turned out to be bogus.

It's a very minor inconvenience for those of us not toting 3 days worth of supplies into the stadium.    I'm sure everybody's got their reason but I'm often amazed at the baggage folks are lugging into the Park.     Lots of 'em don't have kids in tow either.   

Offline Elvir Ovcina

That's a stretch.

No, this is a stretch:

Did they find an F-150 as well?

There's an old joke but I won't repeat it in mixed company.     :mg:

Offline Baseball is Life

It's a very minor inconvenience for those of us not toting 3 days worth of supplies into the stadium.    I'm sure everybody's got their reason but I'm often amazed at the baggage folks are lugging into the Park.     Lots of 'em don't have kids in tow either.   

No little kids, but I like to bring in a backpack holding water, peanuts, and towels for wiping sweat and seats.