Author Topic: Add Troy Glaus to the list...  (Read 1197 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Add Troy Glaus to the list...
« Topic Start: September 07, 2007, 02:34:55 PM »
Troy Glaus was just implicated in the HGH scandal.

Offline Dave B

Re: Add Troy Glaus to the list...
« Reply #1: September 07, 2007, 03:10:06 PM »
Troy Glaus was just implicated in the HGH scandal.

now thats a fairly big name. but not one to evoke strong feelings.

if A-rod or jeter was caught, it would be a huge story deservedly so, because they are guys who have accomplished a lot. Glaus is still pretty whatever

« Reply #2: September 07, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »
My eyes "Glaus" over as I feel deader and deader as these scum are exposed who have made a mockery and circus out of the game that I, my father, and my father's father love.  Bastards.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #3: September 07, 2007, 03:34:35 PM »
My eyes "Glaus" over as I feel deader and deader as these scum are exposed who have made a mockery and circus out of the game that I, my father, and my father's father love.  Bastards.

drama queen :)

« Reply #4: September 07, 2007, 03:37:09 PM »
drama queen :)

I was trying to think of a way to use the word "gloss" and "Glaus".  Its the best I could come up with. :)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #5: September 07, 2007, 11:38:08 PM »

anyone want any?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #6: September 09, 2007, 09:38:55 PM »

Ankiel, Glaus are Typical Steroid Users

by Nate Silver (Baseball Prospectus)

After reading Jayson Stark’s excellent perspective on Rick Ankiel today, I was reminded of my conclusion in Baseball Between the Numbers: the players that are most likely to use steroids and other PEDs are those that stand the most to gain by doing so. There are two inflection points in a baseball player’s career at which he can receive what amounts to a life-altering money. The first is when he’s trying to establish himself in the major leagues. If a player survives long enough to make it to his first arbitration-eligible season, he’s probably going to have received at least a couple million dollars for playing baseball, money which if invested wisely will last him the rest of his natural life. The second is when he’s about to sign his first major free agent contract. That money, if invested wisely, will allow a player to live very, very comfortably for the rest of his life.

When did Rick Ankiel take HGH? Allegedly beginning in 2004, when he was trying to re-establish himself in the major leagues (still then as a pitcher) after undergoing Tommy John surgery. And Troy Glaus? SI.com reports that the shipments occurred between September 2003 and May 2004, coinciding with the 2004 season, which would be Glaus’s last before he hit free agency.

These players are the rules; it’s the Barry Bondses of the world that are the exceptions.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #7: September 10, 2007, 08:17:15 AM »
Ankiel, Glaus are Typical Steroid Users

by Nate Silver (Baseball Prospectus)

After reading Jayson Stark’s excellent perspective on Rick Ankiel today, I was reminded of my conclusion in Baseball Between the Numbers: the players that are most likely to use steroids and other PEDs are those that stand the most to gain by doing so. There are two inflection points in a baseball player’s career at which he can receive what amounts to a life-altering money. The first is when he’s trying to establish himself in the major leagues. If a player survives long enough to make it to his first arbitration-eligible season, he’s probably going to have received at least a couple million dollars for playing baseball, money which if invested wisely will last him the rest of his natural life. The second is when he’s about to sign his first major free agent contract. That money, if invested wisely, will allow a player to live very, very comfortably for the rest of his life.

When did Rick Ankiel take HGH? Allegedly beginning in 2004, when he was trying to re-establish himself in the major leagues (still then as a pitcher) after undergoing Tommy John surgery. And Troy Glaus? SI.com reports that the shipments occurred between September 2003 and May 2004, coinciding with the 2004 season, which would be Glaus’s last before he hit free agency.

These players are the rules; it’s the Barry Bondses of the world that are the exceptions.

Good stuff tomterp.