Author Topic: Stews no longer on Radio in DC  (Read 605 times)

Offline Ray D

Stews no longer on Radio in DC
« Topic Start: January 18, 2008, 03:17:58 PM »
The 2 Live Stews have been taken off the air in DC; WOL 1450 no longer carries them, and WOL will not respond to my phone calls or emails inquiries .

2 Live Stews is a syndicated sports radio show, in my opinion the most entertaining of any in the country.  If you've listened to them you know what I'm talking about. If you're as upset about this as I am please send a comment: http://www.wolam.com/contactus.asp

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Stews no longer on Radio in DC
« Reply #1: January 18, 2008, 03:23:42 PM »
I didn't know those clowns were aired in this market. I always thought a better name for them would be "2 Jives with no Clue". I challenged them via email on First and 10 all the time but my emails were ignored. But I suspect that's mostly because the people they deal with on that show (Crawford and Jacobson) are too busy kissing their asses (they are obviously intimidated by them).  :?

Offline Ray D

« Reply #2: January 18, 2008, 03:28:55 PM »
Their main gig is the radio show. Appearances on First and 10 are an afterthought. You really need to listen to their show before you judge them.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #3: January 18, 2008, 03:32:04 PM »
Their main gig is the radio show. Appearances on First and 10 are an afterthought. You really need to listen to their show before you judge them.

What could be different about their radio show? Are you saying they are portraying themselves differently on television? Are they fake on television? The difference is probably that they are in full control on their show which would empower them further to defend the likes of Michael Vick et al.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #4: January 18, 2008, 03:42:23 PM »
The ESPN show simply is not a forum for their unique humor.  They are very talented but their talent is not suited for a show like that.

On the Vick issue, which I haven't heard them speak of on ESPN but have heard them speak of exhaustively on the show, neither one defends Vick, in fact both are very harsh on him.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #5: January 18, 2008, 03:52:37 PM »
The ESPN show simply is not a forum for their unique humor.  They are very talented but their talent is not suited for a show like that.

On the Vick issue, which I haven't heard them speak of on ESPN but have heard them speak of exhaustively on the show, neither one defends Vick, in fact both are very harsh on him.

So you're saying they're speaking on both sides of the issue then because they get loud about it every time they are asked. To them, any negative thing said about black athletes is racism. They're right out of the Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton school of intimidation by race, only they limit their scope to sports.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #6: January 18, 2008, 04:59:09 PM »
I agree with Spider.  They are very annoying on First and Ten.  I have never heard their radio show though.  I wish they would pick just one person to go against Skip every day like they used to do (Woody Paige).  Jalen Rose, Stephen A. Smith, The Stews, Patrick McEnroe, etc, etc, all suck.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #7: January 18, 2008, 05:20:06 PM »
I agree with Spider.  They are very annoying on First and Ten.  I have never heard their radio show though.  I wish they would pick just one person to go against Skip every day like they used to do (Woody Paige).  Jalen Rose, Stephen A. Smith, The Stews, Patrick McEnroe, etc, etc, all suck.

Jalen Rose is all right. Even that chick from Detroit isn't half bad. But the way they bend over backwards to not offend those two jokers is nauseating. Jacobson and Crawford will do anything to ingratiate themselves to those two and they are equally obsequious to Stephen A Smith.