Author Topic: Nationals @ Padres, Game 3  (Read 20976 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Nationals @ Padres, Game 3
« Reply #150: May 02, 2007, 11:34:42 PM »
They just showed Manny sitting in the dugout...is it me or does he look totally lost?   :shock:

No it's not just you. I feel the same way when I see him sometimes.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #151: May 02, 2007, 11:34:50 PM »

I keep telling myself that Fick stays around because he gives us an extra catcher but how long can that continue to save him?

Amazing isn't it? Last year the Nats had the best pinch hitters in the bigs - this year - yuck ... Fick was so money last year - can't hit the broad side of a barn this year ... I just don't get it ...

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #152: May 02, 2007, 11:35:15 PM »
I don't want to kick a dead horse, but remember when i said Chico sucked? His game vs the Mets was a mirage.

Most MLB teams have lousy #4 and #5 pitchers.  Chico's a rookie who's never seen AAA.  Manny has pulled other pitchers an inning early when they were doing well.  But he has been willing to yank someone in this kind of mess, but FAILED to do it tonight.... because of the CURSE OF THE BUNT HOME RUN!  BURN DOWN THAT STADIUM...TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #153: May 02, 2007, 11:35:15 PM »
There are a surplus of emoticons that represent my feelings toward the team right now and i plan to use all of them tonight.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #154: May 02, 2007, 11:36:01 PM »

No it's not just you. I feel the same way when I see him sometimes.

I'm inclined to give him a pass - it's his first big league job and he doesn't exactly have a stacked line up to work with - he gets this year and next for me - I'm not going to bash him for trying to make a silk purse from a sows ear ...

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #155: May 02, 2007, 11:36:18 PM »
Now it's Wagner's chance to get cornholed....

I'm sure this is heard in the Nats bullpen right before somebody gets called out:

"Will somebody please pass the KY?"

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #156: May 02, 2007, 11:37:41 PM »
Most MLB teams have lousy #4 and #5 pitchers.  Chico's a rookie who's never seen AAA.  Manny has pulled other pitchers an inning early when they were doing well.  But he has been willing to yank someone in this kind of mess, but FAILED to do it tonight.... because of the CURSE OF THE BUNT HOME RUN!  BURN DOWN THAT STADIUM...TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it's this thread that's died? ... Maybe we should start another since that bunt home run has clearly cursed this one ...

Offline PC

« Reply #157: May 02, 2007, 11:38:13 PM »
Flores pinch hitting here? Why?  Speigner hasn't pitched very much at all lately, why not let him pitch 3-4 innings?

They just showed Manny sitting in the dugout...is it me or does he look totally lost?   :shock:

Question

Answered

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #158: May 02, 2007, 11:39:02 PM »
Ok, if there's any kind of justice at all ... the Nats will hit a grand slam in the 9th to tie it up and then win in extras ... :) - A person can dream ... right?

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #159: May 02, 2007, 11:39:03 PM »
I can't wait until Guzman returns and we have another anemic bat in the lineup. Makes sense to Manny though.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #160: May 02, 2007, 11:39:29 PM »
I'm inclined to give him a pass - it's his first big league job and he doesn't exactly have a stacked line up to work with - he gets this year and next for me - I'm not going to bash him for trying to make a silk purse from a sows ear ...

I'm with you there. It was just an observation/opinion on my part. I sort of feel bad for him. But he knew what he was getting when he accepted the position. It's possible that he is only keeping the seat warm for someone in the near future.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #161: May 02, 2007, 11:40:25 PM »
No I don't mean it that way - I mean it in a way like, he's thinking: "My God, I've done everything I can...this team is just too crappy...I can't do anything else to make it even halfway decent".  That's the look I meant.   :lol:

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #162: May 02, 2007, 11:41:50 PM »
I don't know why we didn't go after Joe G former Marlins skipper. He did a miraculous job with the Marlins, but got the ax for whatever mind boggling reason.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #163: May 02, 2007, 11:42:02 PM »
I'm with you there. It was just an observation/opinion on my part. I sort of feel bad for him. But he knew what he was getting when he accepted the position. It's possible that he is only keeping the seat warm for someone in the near future.

I hear what you're saying ... but I really hope that's not what happens - if he's willing to put in the work (and at times) misery of this season ... then he deserves a real shot to manage a club at full capacity ... He seems like a really good guy - young, enthusiastic, fair, professional, I'd like to see this organization do the right thing by him and give him a real shot ...

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #164: May 02, 2007, 11:42:25 PM »
I don't know why we didn't go after Joe G former Marlins skipper. He did a miraculous job with the Marlins, but got the ax for whatever mind boggling reason.

He didn't want to come here from what I understand ... Doesn't Joe G come with a pretty decent dose of attitude and baggage too ... or was that just an isolated situation in Florida?  My understanding is he's pretty hard to get along with - ... I dunno ... perhaps that's just scatter ... and to be fair - the Marlins were STACKED last year ... sure they were young, but they are very, very talented ...

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #165: May 02, 2007, 11:43:16 PM »
No I don't mean it that way - I mean it in a way like, he's thinking: "My God, I've done everything I can...this team is just too crappy...I can't do anything else to make it even halfway decent".  That's the look I meant.   :lol:

ROFFLES!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #166: May 02, 2007, 11:43:31 PM »
No I don't mean it that way - I mean it in a way like, he's thinking: "My God, I've done everything I can...this team is just too crappy...I can't do anything else to make it even halfway decent".  That's the look he has.   :lol:

I agree, I've seen the same look on his face at times.  This team is not very good and to compound that their luck is just awful (examples from tonight: They face a starting pitcher that they can actually hit but he leaves in the 2nd, Padres bloop hit on the line that made that a costly inning). 

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #167: May 02, 2007, 11:45:22 PM »
Last Play: F. Lopez grounded out to second

:roll:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #168: May 02, 2007, 11:46:04 PM »
I hear what you're saying ... but I really hope that's not what happens - if he's willing to put in the work (and at times) misery of this season ... then he deserves a real shot to manage a club at full capacity ... He seems like a really good guy - young, enthusiastic, fair, professional, I'd like to see this organization do the right thing by him and give him a real shot ...

Totally! I couldn't agree with you more. But just like you said in the other post Girardi didn't want to come here, neither did Pinella, and Acta was probably desperate for a shot at being a skipper so he takes the job. Unfortunately he took a job where success will be hard to come by, at least this season, and he may wind up being the scapegoat when all is said and done. At some point our team will improve and they'll be lining up to manage our club. But hopefully the FO will reward his service by giving him a legitimate shot at managing with a real chance.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #169: May 02, 2007, 11:46:28 PM »
Last Play: F. Lopez grounded out to second

:roll:

You should just cut and paste from now on ... no need to retype ...

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #170: May 02, 2007, 11:46:29 PM »
       Last Play: R. Belliard grounded out to shortstop

:|

ARE THEY EVEN TRYING OUT THERE?!

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #171: May 02, 2007, 11:46:58 PM »
You should just cut and paste from now on ... no need to retype ...

thats what I'm doing, duh?!

Offline spidernat

« Reply #172: May 02, 2007, 11:47:26 PM »
I agree, I've seen the same look on his face at times.  This team is not very good and to compound that their luck is just awful (examples from tonight: They face a starting pitcher that they can actually hit but he leaves in the 2nd, Padres bloop hit on the line that made that a costly inning). 

Wasn't that bloop double hit by the pitcher that replaced Hensley?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #173: May 02, 2007, 11:48:49 PM »
Zimmerman's prolonged slump continues.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #174: May 02, 2007, 11:48:53 PM »
Whatever Zimmerman, you can strike out a zillion times and i will still have faith.