Author Topic: Must See TV Thread (2012-2014)  (Read 104144 times)

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #350: March 05, 2012, 08:26:27 AM »
There is nothing cooler than "Hoarders".  Seriously, I could watch that show (manufactured drama and all) for hours on end. 

Oh my. So I'm not the only one. I find myself getting rid of tons of stuff after I watch that show. If I watch enough we will have no clothes or furniture left.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #351: March 05, 2012, 08:28:31 AM »
Oh my. So I'm not the only one. I find myself getting rid of tons of stuff after I watch that show. If I watch enough we will have no clothes or furniture left.

That's what we do too.  I'm a neat and clean freak anyway, so watching that show really gets me amped up to declutter.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #352: March 05, 2012, 08:33:35 AM »
Oh man, I know. It's like 'holy crap, don't be that guy'.

Anyone need a coffee table?  :lol:

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #353: March 05, 2012, 09:30:41 AM »
Holy crap, definitely did not expect that ending to tonight's ep of Walking Dead! :shock:

Best episode in a while - the show went a little too soap-opera-y there for a while. Now that they are back to killing zombies, I'm thrilled. Next week looks like another good episode.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #354: March 05, 2012, 09:31:19 AM »
Oh man, I know. It's like 'holy crap, don't be that guy'.

Anyone need a coffee table?  :lol:

Extra coffee table? Put it on Craigslist free section - it'll be gone in 2 hours.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #355: March 05, 2012, 09:32:16 AM »
Best episode in a while - the show went a little too soap-opera-y there for a while. Now that they are back to killing zombies, I'm thrilled. Next week looks like another good episode.

Everybody complains about that, but it didn't bother me.  Character development is a good thing.  That said, I'm glad they're ramping things up again.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #356: March 05, 2012, 09:34:25 AM »
Everybody complains about that, but it didn't bother me.  Character development is a good thing.  That said, I'm glad they're ramping things up again.

I gave up on it during the season one finale.  Has it gotten back anywhere close to the source material or is it still in LA fantasy land writing?

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #357: March 05, 2012, 11:08:21 AM »
Extra coffee table? Put it on Craigslist free section - it'll be gone in 2 hours.

Most of the time we have stuff to get rid of we either take it to Capital Hospice or similar. Sometimes we just sit it out front and it disappears in minutes.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #358: March 05, 2012, 12:20:26 PM »
Most of the time we have stuff to get rid of we either take it to Capital Hospice or similar. Sometimes we just sit it out front and it disappears in minutes.

Best thing you can do is set it out front with a price on it. It'll be missing in no time. If you put free on it, they'll probably think it's junk and not worth stealing :lol:

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #359: March 05, 2012, 01:12:22 PM »
I've put stuff I intended for the trash out front and it grew legs, no worries there.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #360: March 11, 2012, 11:55:10 AM »
Well, ordered DirectTv yesterday. Will be installed 3/20 in the AM. Can't wait! Got the Choice Extra plan.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #361: March 11, 2012, 10:06:04 PM »
Wow @ Walking Dead tonight.  They're definitely getting back to what made them popular in the first place.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #362: March 12, 2012, 02:51:57 AM »
Anyone who can tell me if Grimm is worth the time? I recorded a bunch of episodes; hope they're worth it.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #363: March 12, 2012, 07:14:02 AM »
Anyone who can tell me if Grimm is worth the time? I recorded a bunch of episodes; hope they're worth it.

It's pretty good.  We watched a couple on demand a month or two ago and really liked it.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #364: March 12, 2012, 08:00:15 AM »

Watch the pilot and at least one more episode. Don't jump into the middle, I think the show needs a little setup. That said, I watch it every week, it's not the "best show ever" but it's a little different and better than most of the junk out there.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #365: March 12, 2012, 10:08:53 AM »
Grimm is a watered down Angel/Buffy (written by a Buffy scribe)

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #366: March 12, 2012, 04:54:20 PM »
Downloaded the series finale of Top Gear last night.  They do rally cross.  It looks really fun, I'd love to try it if they had it here.  Cheaper, safer, and more fun than golf!  :lol:

Offline saltydad

« Reply #367: March 13, 2012, 02:59:26 AM »
Thanks for the replies, all.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #368: March 13, 2012, 11:35:38 AM »
Not at all. It sure was an ironic turn of events. This second half has been some great TV.

CMD, you got my back, I called the spoiler everyone has the zombie disease already and turns when they die a long time ago.  i'm awesome.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #369: March 13, 2012, 11:37:12 AM »
Okay two shows for you ladies and gents ...

Full Metal Jousting on History Channel ... enough said.

Luck on HBO ... don't know if it's been discussed on here or not, but holy crap I love that show.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #370: March 13, 2012, 11:42:48 AM »
CMD, you got my back, I called the spoiler everyone has the zombie disease already and turns when they die a long time ago.  i'm awesome.

And... I think that's what the guy at the CDC (or whereever they were before it self destructed) whispered in Rick's ear before he let them escape.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #371: March 13, 2012, 11:47:37 AM »
And... I think that's what the guy at the CDC (or whereever they were before it self destructed) whispered in Rick's ear before he let them escape.

That's a good point, but I find it hard to believe seeing how when Rick killed Shane, when he turned around to see zombie Shane, Rick looked stunned.  You would think he would know he'd come back in zombie form

I was thinking that he was telling Rick his wife was preggos

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #372: March 13, 2012, 07:04:19 PM »
Okay two shows for you ladies and gents ...

Full Metal Jousting on History Channel ... enough said.

Luck on HBO ... don't know if it's been discussed on here or not, but holy crap I love that show.

I thought FMJ looked like the stupidest idea ever, but after watching it, they really need to start making jousting tournaments and televise them.  It's awesome :lol:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #373: March 13, 2012, 08:09:55 PM »

It's in the comic books. Also Carl kills Shane in the comics.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #374: March 13, 2012, 08:28:34 PM »

It's in the comic books. Also Carl kills Shane in the comics.

Yeah. Neither of us had read the comics so he called that out of nowhere. As for this spoiler, I had it ruined for me sometime last year. I was kind of upset at it but it was cool to see it happen like this.