Author Topic: Batman Shooting  (Read 2887 times)

Offline Copecwby20

Re: Batman Shooting
« Reply #50: July 24, 2012, 02:18:56 PM »
No idea but I have seen it. There are some special parents or gaurdians out there.

Like this guy?

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #51: July 24, 2012, 03:02:32 PM »
what a piece of crap

on another note

And as stories from the darkened chaos begin to emerge, three among many share similar heroic stories: they all died shielding their girlfriends from bullets.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/23/aurora-shooting-boyfriends-died-protecting-girlfriends_n_1695290.html

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #52: July 24, 2012, 03:24:04 PM »
Wow, that guy should be ashamed of himself.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #53: July 24, 2012, 04:51:08 PM »
Wow, that guy should be ashamed of himself.

I'm kind of surprised she said yes. I mean, you leave me and the kids behind during something like that and then wha? Then you go on teevee and cry like a girl? I mean, he was moments away from full on 'ugly cry'.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #54: July 24, 2012, 04:57:29 PM »
Not to mention he's now famous for actually pulling a costsnza

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #55: July 24, 2012, 05:02:36 PM »
she's kinda attractive.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #56: July 24, 2012, 05:05:09 PM »
Shock makes people do stupid things. While I have never been unarmed when being shot at it isn't something you would expect going into a movie theater opening either. It is a shameful display. I wonder if he regrets it now and if so for the right reasons.

I doubt much could tear my away from fiancée and my hypothetical kids aside from a chance to slit the gunman’s throat on a reload. Granted most arm chair Dirty Harrys likely think the same thing. Still it takes a special kind of stupid to act like a coward and than cry about it to the news media.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #57: July 24, 2012, 05:49:44 PM »
I'm kind of surprised she said yes. I mean, you leave me and the kids behind during something like that and then wha? Then you go on teevee and cry like a girl? I mean, he was moments away from full on 'ugly cry'.

They deserve each other; they seem to have a few screws loose.  Both of them for taking their little kids to the movie in the first place, him for bolting on his family, and her for accepting the proposal after.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #58: July 24, 2012, 05:52:22 PM »
Saw one of the people that was there is suing Warner Brothers for having a violent movie.

I hate what America has become in that regard. Have to sue someone... Gotta get mine!

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #59: July 24, 2012, 05:59:26 PM »
we have a lot of douches in this country.

i'm sorry what happened, went down, but holy crap ... YOU WENT TO GO SEE THE MOVIE.  it's not WB's fault you went to see it.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #60: July 24, 2012, 06:05:33 PM »
Saw one of the people that was there is suing Warner Brothers for having a violent movie.

I hate what America has become in that regard. Have to sue someone... Gotta get mine!

I'd consider suing the movie theater for having poor security and emergency exits that open without an alarm

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #61: July 24, 2012, 06:06:47 PM »
I'd consider suing the movie theater for having poor security and emergency exits that open without an alarm

He sued the following.

1. Movie theater for having an unarmed/no alarm emergency exit.
2. The shooter's doctors for apparently not having him on the right medication.
3. Warner Brothers for making a violent movie.

Online Slateman

« Reply #62: July 24, 2012, 06:07:50 PM »
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2012/07/aurora_theater_shooting_torrence_brown_first_lawsuit.php

Only days after the Aurora theater shootings, and mere hours after the initial court appearance by accused gunman James Holmes, TMZ reports that the first lawsuit over the assault has been filed.

The plaintiff: Torrence Brown Jr., who was not physically injured in the melee but was friends with victim A.J. Boik. The attorney: Donald Karpel, a Beverly Hills lawyer who doesn't shy away from the limelight.

Karpel appears to have a direct line to TMZ. For instance, the site noted his representation of paparazzo Jordan Dawes, who was attacked by actor Sean Penn in 2009. Dawes donated the settlement he received from Penn to Haitian charities, and Karpel is said to have done likewise with a "large chunk of his attorney's fees."

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #63: July 24, 2012, 06:45:35 PM »
You have got to be kidding me.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #64: July 24, 2012, 08:11:08 PM »
One douche out of a theater isn't much, I'd expect a lot of the injured to sue the theater
Just to get someone else on the hook for the medical bills

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #65: July 24, 2012, 08:21:12 PM »
One douche out of a theater isn't much, I'd expect a lot of the injured to sue the theater
Just to get someone else on the hook for the medical bills

That's one slippery slope, if you need to have security/metal detectors at theaters, expect your ticket to go up a buttload. We'll be in big brotherland in no time. And you thought TSA folks were rocket scientists, just wait for this.....

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #66: July 24, 2012, 08:41:36 PM »
That's all true, but someone facing hundreds of thousands in medical bills may want to hold onto their savings/car/house...

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #67: July 24, 2012, 08:46:44 PM »
That's all true, but someone facing hundreds of thousands in medical bills may want to hold onto their savings/car/house...

Which enforces my point that nobody in right mind would fire into a croweded, dark theater in the hopes of nabbing the assailant. They would be legally on the hook if something went awry.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #68: July 24, 2012, 08:49:43 PM »
I think you guys are talking about two separate things.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #69: July 24, 2012, 08:51:47 PM »
I think you guys are talking about two separate things.

In a way, but not quite.

Online Slateman

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #71: July 24, 2012, 09:34:27 PM »
He's not a jerk, he's an artist. ;)

But it really is good of him to make this effort.

Now, the patient, he had a Red Sox hat. He's the jerk.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/christian-bale-visits-colorado-shooting-victims-220129641.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/24/christian-bale-aurora-victims-shooting-dark-knight_n_1699662.html

(Image removed from quote.)

Christian Bale visited the victims. Awesome from him. Glad to know he isn't totally the jerk he has been portrayed as.