Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Pirates, Game 1 (Curly W)  (Read 7774 times)

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
I'm not turning my back on him, but seriously gratitude only goes so far. If Ward is hot right now and Guillen is cold, it's foolish not to play Ward. Let Guillen pinch hit or something to keep him fresh but don't continue to let him go out there grounding into double plays night after night after night.

Gratitude only goes so far. How far does respect and accountability for a player who has changed for the better and was the catalyst for your season goes. Its a slap in the face when a guy like Guillen who prolongs surgery and plays thru pain for the sake of his team gets benched because of a rough start, especially knowing what hes capable. I can see if he was old and on the decline and he wsa the only person playing bad, but hey our record is 9-21 and its not only his fault. And no, Guillen is not ALbert Pujols or Lance Berkam, but then again is he make Albert Pujols' money. Nope.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
I'm not saying bench him forever, just for a few games, maybe help him get his head straight and in the meanwhile take advantage of Ward's hot streak.  There's no disrespect in that, and any good ballplayer would understand such a decision.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Quote from: "The Chief"
Hey Ken do you need, uh....   you know...  that thing?

Tried, but nothing happens

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
He's doing it ugly, but he's doin' it...

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Man, Byrd has been doing a great job of making the pitchers pitch to him... He's developed a pretty good eye at the plate...

Offline nats2playoffs

Quote from: "metssuck"
[...when a guy like Guillen who prolongs surgery and plays thru pain for the sake of his team...

Didn't Guillen have a bad shoulder in preseason, with doubt about whether he could start?  If he actually is playing in pain, Frank should ask him to let his hot hitter play, for now.  Frank is good with Jose, and should just tell him that we want him healthy in the second half, if we can get on a winning streak.  His replacement is ultimately going to slump, and having a healthier Guilen to step back in is better.  Vidro didn't do much last year playing after an injury.

Offline The Chief

Hey Metssuck, if Guillen GIDPs here, you get to eat crow.  If he gets a hit, I'll eat crow instead ;)

Sac flies don't count  :lol:

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Guillen up. Show em to not doubt you Guilly.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Quote from: "The Chief"
Hey Metssuck, if Guillen GIDPs here, you get to eat crow.  If he gets a hit, I'll eat crow instead ;)

Okay. I have confidence in Guillen.

Offline nats2playoffs

The jinxed Guillen somehow pops up into a "double play."  But only because Vidro has, once again, left his map of the bases in the dugout.

Offline The Chief

"Guillen flies into sacrifice double play" according to gameday.  Bit of a misleading description but funny nonetheless.

natintheuk

that was a textbook 6-3 double play

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
WATCHES METSSUCK EAT CROW PIES

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Holy crapssss I have some MAJOR LAGGGGGGGGGGGG

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"

If you really want to get technical on that one, hey you and chief win. But for te people who saw the play, you know what it is. It wasn't Guillen fault that the dp got turned. But if you guys want to blame him, then go ahead. It seems to be the theme of this season.

Offline The Chief

Quote from: "Kenz aFan"

If you really want to get technical on that one, hey you and chief win. But for te people who saw the play, you know. It wasn't Guillen fault that the dp got turned. But if you guys want to blame him, then go ahead. It seems to be the theme of this season.

Nah I know it wasn't Guillen's fault that Vidro got caught being stupid, but it still doesn't change the fact that Guillen's at bats turn out to be sac flies *at best*

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Is anyone surprised Vidro ran into a DP on a sac fly? When are people gonna see this weeze needs to be playing for someone to help the Nats

Offline nats2playoffs

I love how the TV announcers reported that the Pirates beat the Washington Senators in the 1925 World Series, thus reminding everyone that the city's Series appearances date to that era.  They should find someone to interview who is still alive and saw the game.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
but it still doesn't change the fact that Guillen's at bats turn out to be sac flies *at best*

It sounds like you're mad that Guillen brought Byrd home.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
I love how the TV announcers reported that the Pirates beat the Washington Senators in the 1925 World Series, thus reminding everyone that the city's Series appearances date to that era.  They should find someone to interview who is still alive and saw the game.
(Image removed from quote.)

Didn't we win one series. Who was the team we beat(if we did win one)?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
From what I've seen of him, the only good thing about LeCroy is that he gives Schneider an occasional day off... Professional hitter, my ass...

Offline The Chief

but it still doesn't change the fact that Guillen's at bats turn out to be sac flies *at best*

It sounds like you're mad that Guillen brought Byrd home.

No but I'dve been much happier with a bases loaded double or a 2 run single.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
(Image removed from quote.)

Didn't we win one series. Who was the team we beat(if we did win one)?

I think you guys won the Series in 1924

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
They beat the NY Giants in 7 games in the 1924 World Series

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
I think you guys won the Series in 1924

Yeah you're right, but whats up with the "you guys". Lol, you tired of being a nats fan.