Poll

Without regard to cost or any factor other than overall contribution to the team, which Adam would you want in a Nats uniform right now if you could magically make it happen?

Adam Dunn
32 (66.7%)
Adam LaRoche
16 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Which Adam (Dunn or LaRoche)? Neither, apparently!  (Read 7403 times)

Offline Obed_Marsh

:lmao: Ah yes. Strasburg37 is one of the handful of people watching games.  :hurr:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
I'm glad Strasburg pointed out he watches the games. I know there's very few of us that do.

:smh: at people that have never seen or heard this team play yet are oddly accurate in their blind assumptions about the product on the field.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
I'm glad Strasburg pointed out he watches the games. I know there's very few of us that do.

:smh: at people that have never seen or heard this team play yet are oddly accurate in their blind assumptions about the product on the field.
Criticism?  You're a nanfy boy, obviously.

Offline Sharp

Why is it a problem for all of us that Strasburg37 watches the games, I don't understand.  There is a DH penalty and Dunn is getting older, but that should have been counteracted by his leaving for a much more hitter-friendly park.  Either he's slumping badly, he's aging far faster than we could have reasonably anticipated, or it's a combination of those factors.  But I don't think there was any reason not to sign him to an extension last offseason, since none of that was really predictable.  Sure, if you take a risk sometimes you'll get burned, but that doesn't mean you should avoid taking risks altogether.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
All I know is that I've never made any silly comments such as that....  ;)  :lol:

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Pena just hit #8

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
See, you might be able to get away with this while targeting other posters, but the problem for you is that I actually watch the games.

:lmao:  I guess since you've watched more Nats games than me you put me in my place.

Dunn was unable to scoop many throws in the dirt last year, while LaRoche and Morse have saved several bad throws this year.  Also, LaRoche and Morse have turned double plays that Dunn couldn't even dream about.  So actually, you're the one perpetuating "bullcrap."

My only response to this is  :lmao:

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Dunn is down to .179 (he went 1-4 with 3Ks yesterday to "improve" his average).  He's gone 2-16, 9Ks in his last 4 games, both hits were singles.  The White Sox fans mock cheered his single.

They've dropped him down to 7th in the order as well.  Something just can't be right with him.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Dunn is down to .179 (he went 1-4 with 3Ks yesterday to "improve" his average).  He's gone 2-16, 9Ks in his last 4 games, both hits were singles.

They've dropped him down to 7th in the order as well.  Something just can't be right with him.

He's a DH, right? He always said he didn't want to DH because he doesn't get into the rhythm of the game, or whatever. Seems to be truth in that he also may still have lingering effects from the appendicitis

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
eh. nevermind.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Boo.

my post was edited.

what's the point of leaving it up.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
my post was edited.

what's the point of leaving it up.

Fair enough.

Offline sportsfan882

Adam Dunn is a bum now, this is already known.

.635 OPS in the cushy American League

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Adam Dunn is a bum now, this is already known.

.635 OPS in the cushy American League

Why don't you tweet that at him.  I'd love to see him tweet a stack of money back at you and watch you go ballistic again :lmao:

Offline PatsNats28

Why don't you tweet that at him.  I'd love to see him tweet a stack of money back at you and watch you go ballistic again :lmao:

wait what? i want evidence of this.

Offline The Chief

wait what? i want evidence of this.

He called some Marlins player a clown on twitter a while back and the guy chirped back at him, and SF whined about it on here.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
He called some Marlins player a clown on twitter a while back and the guy chirped back at him, and SF whined about it on here.

Wasn't that Logan "Lexus" Morrison?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
If it was Morrisson, he let Brian Sabean (Giants GM) have it on XM radio a couple of nights ago.  Morrisson is not afraid to speak his mind.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
If it was Morrisson, he let Brian Sabean (Giants GM) have it on XM radio a couple of nights ago.  Morrisson is not afraid to speak his mind.

It was Morrison.

More power to him. He put Sabean in his place, real quick.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Who is Dunn? Who is LaRoche? Are they Nats AA prospects???

Offline The Chief

I may have said this before but it amuses me how Morse (when he's playing well) is the "compromise" choice.  Both Adam camps love him.

Offline PatsNats28

Who's in the LaRoche camp out of curiosity? (besides Dunn haters like SF)

Offline The Chief

Who's in the LaRoche camp out of curiosity? (besides Dunn haters like SF)

Read the thread :nono: :lol:

Offline PatsNats28

too lazy :)