Author Topic: Nationals @ Padres, Game 3  (Read 13983 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Padres, Game 3
« Reply #250: May 29, 2008, 06:38:42 PM »
Manny is fed up with the offense.

He just said "so what if Manning had gotten out of the inning without giving up a run. We would have lost anyways."

Our bullpen sucks but our offense has been just beyond bad.

Ray Knight can't believe it either. People keep saying that "oh, they'll come around. They'll start to hit sooner or later" but it's just not happening.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #251: May 29, 2008, 06:39:20 PM »
In the post game presser Acta looked like his dog just died. I got news for him. His dog died about a month ago and the stench is nauseating.

« Reply #252: May 29, 2008, 06:40:20 PM »
Are you telling me that Manny might finally be coming back into reality? :shock:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #253: May 29, 2008, 06:40:23 PM »
Manny is fed up with the offense.

He just said "so what if Manning had gotten out of the inning without giving up a run. We would have lost anyways."

Our bullpen sucks but our offense has been just beyond bad.

Ray Knight can't believe it either. People keep saying that "oh, they'll come around. They'll start to hit sooner or later" but it's just not happening.

I almost felt sorry for Acta because there isn't much he can do with this roster.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #254: May 29, 2008, 06:43:23 PM »
In the post game presser Acta looked like his dog just died. I got news for him. His dog died about a month ago and the stench is nauseating.
Yeah, he looked distraught. I bet even he is getting sick of having to say the same company line of "patience and they'll come around".  Manny refrains from ripping the players in the press and then they repay him by hitting like a bunch of little leaguers.

Manny knows that it's a lost cause with certain guys (Pena, Lopez, etc) but he has no choice but to play them because there are no other suitable alternatives available to him.

Offline blue911

« Reply #255: May 29, 2008, 06:46:03 PM »
Yeah, he looked distraught. I bet even he is getting sick of having to say the same company line of "patience and they'll come around".  Manny refrains from ripping the players in the press and then they repay him by hitting like a bunch of little leaguers.

He could say that Lenny Harris is a moron. It wouldn't improve anything but it would make me feel better.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #256: May 29, 2008, 06:47:07 PM »
I'm done hoping for Pena and Lopez to come around. Dukes still shows flashes of potential but he needs to do something soon. His average can't remain in the interstate much longer before we pull the plug on his ass too (not that anyone's plug has been pulled yet :?).

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #257: May 29, 2008, 06:48:07 PM »
I'm done hoping for Pena and Lopez to come around. Dukes still shows flashes of potential but he needs to do something soon. His average can't remain in the interstate much longer before we pull the plug on his ass too (not that anyone's plug has been pulled yet :?).

No way we pull the plug on him, he's been one of our best players recently no joke.

« Reply #258: May 29, 2008, 06:53:42 PM »
No way we pull the plug on him, he's been one of our best players recently no joke.

Sadly, with his average and how he has been playing...it has been one big sad joke. :(

Offline blue911

« Reply #259: May 29, 2008, 06:54:27 PM »

Dukes has an ass plug? Does AZ know about this?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #260: May 29, 2008, 07:32:18 PM »

:shock: I want no part of that.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #261: May 29, 2008, 08:58:40 PM »
pathetic losing 2/3 to the padres.

told ya, this team is worthless w/o #11 at third. looks like he'll be back for the d-backs series, but it still probably wont matter seeing as we face webb, haren, and owings.  :-[

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #262: May 29, 2008, 09:00:23 PM »
AZ, Zimmy is not god at 23, he is just any other kid who is well on HIS WAY to be a superstar, right know he is just a good player. Not a game changer

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #263: May 29, 2008, 09:01:17 PM »
Well he was the one who jammed it up there

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #264: May 29, 2008, 09:31:27 PM »
Are you telling me that Manny might finally be coming back into reality? :shock:

Hopefully, this will turn into the realization that Lenny is NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION. Theo Epstein did more of a hitting coach's job day one with the Sox when he gave them all copies of Ted Williams's book "The Science of Hitting" and made it required reading. Mitchell Page was a real hitting coach. Lenny Harris has ZERO CREDENTIALS. All he has is the record for most career pinch hits. Let him coach pinch hitters. Young players in a lineup need a real hitting coach who understands mechanics and has a track record of actually doing the job IN THE MAJOR LEAGUES. Page always had pen in paper tracking every pitch of every at bat. Lenny sits on the bench eating sunflower seeds.

Three coaches need to go or get reassigned.

1)Tim Tolman: Acta's friend, experienced Winter League manager, great logistician for planning Spring Training Activities. Has no business coaching 3B

2) Lenny Harris: Career pinch hitter. With all the injuries, sign him as a PH and let him show the rest of the bunch how it is done. Then hire an actual experienced PROVEN major league hitting coach. The hitters deserve as much as the pitchers get from St. Claire.

3) Rick Aponte: Acta friend and someone who doesn't seem to be able to send pitchers out of the bullpen able to actually throw strikes.

firelennyharris.com is actually available. I am amazed that none of the Nats have purchased it.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #265: May 29, 2008, 09:34:42 PM »
What's sad is that our pinch hitters are flat-out awful, too. You'd think Harris would be able to make them good at least.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #266: May 29, 2008, 09:41:21 PM »
What's sad is that our pinch hitters are flat-out awful, too. You'd think Harris would be able to make them good at least.
Yep, we're 24th out of 30 teams in PH BA with an anemic .187 AVG (14/75).  :evil:

Offline shoeshineboy

« Reply #267: May 29, 2008, 10:29:13 PM »
Yep, we're 24th out of 30 teams in PH BA with an anemic .187 AVG (14/75).  :evil:

Justin Maxwell would probably tell you that Robert Fick and Dmitri Young were better coaches for his pinch hit opportunities than Lenny Harris. Veteran hitters make better pinch hitters for a reason.

Offline MDoyle

• UMW 2010
« Reply #268: May 29, 2008, 10:34:21 PM »
Langerhans made #1 Web Gem

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #269: May 29, 2008, 11:54:04 PM »
Cool!  I have to watch that!

You know what surprised me today.  We're always talking injuries.  We have so many players with injuries.  Well I discovered something on Yahoo - Sports - MLB - Injuries.

3/4 of the teams in MLB have 6 or more people on the DL!  In other words, many other teams are in the same boat as us.  How many of them are doing better?  That I didn't get a chance to compare.  I looked quickly coming back from lunch and had to get back to work.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/injuries;_ylt=Am8pAA00y_ipzUGJ29fFq68g0bYF

Offline Natskins

« Reply #270: May 30, 2008, 04:37:52 AM »
I almost felt sorry for Acta because there isn't much he can do with this roster.

I'm glad someone said this. I'm actually surprised we've won as many games as we have. We've essentially had the equivalent of pitchers batting in place of two outfield spots all year. So we're talking about a lineup that includes three pitchers, not to mention a bullpen that can't get anybody out. There's only so much Manny can do, and I feel bad for the guy at this point.

No lead is safe, and no comeback is possible.

Offline shoeshineboy

« Reply #271: May 30, 2008, 08:32:31 AM »
Cool!  I have to watch that!

You know what surprised me today.  We're always talking injuries.  We have so many players with injuries.  Well I discovered something on Yahoo - Sports - MLB - Injuries.

3/4 of the teams in MLB have 6 or more people on the DL!  In other words, many other teams are in the same boat as us.  How many of them are doing better?  That I didn't get a chance to compare.  I looked quickly coming back from lunch and had to get back to work.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/injuries;_ylt=Am8pAA00y_ipzUGJ29fFq68g0bYF

Injuries are a reality for every team. It is amazing how many injuries there are in baseball every year. The other thing about our injuries this year has been that many of the injured guys are people we acquired with injuries or had pre-existing conditions (Hill, Young, Estrada, etc.).