Author Topic: MASN 2 - Link to find channel number  (Read 11401 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

MASN 2 - Link to find channel number
« Topic Start: April 06, 2007, 04:20:45 PM »
Tonight's (Fri Apr 6, 2007) Nationals game will be aired on MASN 2.
Click on MASN's web site at
http://www.masnsports.com/Index.cfm?

At the top of the page it says:

Find MASN
Select provider and
enter zip code

MASN's web site says:
For Comcast Cable in Montgomery County MD, MASN 2 is channel 004.
For Cox Cable in Fairfax County, VA, MASN 2 is on channel 74.
Good luck.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Re: MASN 2 - Link to find channel number
« Reply #1: April 06, 2007, 04:30:45 PM »
good lookin, Nats2playoffs.

Mcuh appreicaited. BTW,

Off;topic: Did MLB change Shawn Hill stats or somethin. I thought initially his era was above 9, but i checked out the stats this morning and he had an era of like 3 somethin. He's our best starter statically speaking. This was un BSpn.com aka espn.com

EDIT: why do i alwasys type like i'm dylexic(sp?) or somethin?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #2: April 06, 2007, 05:51:54 PM »
Excellent find!  Looks like I'll be tuning in to channel 671 on DirecTV this evening (I hope it's included in my plan :?)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #3: April 06, 2007, 06:47:09 PM »
Excellent find!  Looks like I'll be tuning in to channel 671 on DirecTV this evening (I hope it's included in my plan :?)

It should be Chief. I expect to be getting it. I noticed that it is scheduled to be seen on both 671 and 659. However, it looks like we won't get Nats Xtra on days the games are aired on MASN2. What sort of crap is that? I guess that's what I get for saying the pregame show was not very good...  :?

Offline kimnat

« Reply #4: April 06, 2007, 07:09:24 PM »
671 won't come in for us on Directv and we have total choice plus!  I'm pissed!

nospinzone1

« Reply #5: April 06, 2007, 07:20:38 PM »
Tonight's (Fri Apr 6, 2007) Nationals game will be aired on MASN 2.
Click on MASN's web site at
http://www.masnsports.com/Index.cfm?

At the top of the page it says:

Find MASN
Select provider and
enter zip code

MASN's web site says:
For Comcast Cable in Montgomery County MD, MASN 2 is channel 004.
For Cox Cable in Fairfax County, VA, MASN 2 is on channel 74.
Good luck.
(Image removed from quote.)

DARN IT....NOT AVAILABLE FOR DIRECT TV CUSTOMERS.....LETS HANG ANGELOS FROM A SOUR APPLE TREE.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #6: April 06, 2007, 07:58:42 PM »
There ya go!  I like your thinking!  Let's string him up from his toenails! 

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #7: April 06, 2007, 08:49:55 PM »
Off;topic: Did MLB change Shawn Hill stats or somethin. I thought initially his era was above 9, but i checked out the stats this morning and he had an era of like 3 somethin. He's our best starter statically speaking. This was un BSpn.com aka espn.com

The official scorer changed Hill's stats from having allowed 4 earned runs to 2, lowering his ERA to 3.60.

EDIT: why do i alwasys type like i'm dylexic(sp?) or somethin?

If you use Internet Explorer, check out iespell, it can help. http://www.iespell.com/ and if you use Firefox, even though it has a built in spell-checker, you can check out Spellbound 2.2 here  http://webdesigns.ms11.net/chromeditp.html (scroll down to bottom of the page and click on "Install" (you might have to allow extension installs for the site)

Offline bob2274

« Reply #8: April 06, 2007, 09:18:57 PM »
Before we start to blame Peter Angelos for not getting MASN2, let's remember that DirecTV is supposed to have it there, including Nats Xtra. The MASN guide says it's on channel 671. If it's not there, call DirecTV and tell them. This is the same thing I went through last year with the restaurants and channel 626. As soon as they called, it was turned on.
Let's just blame Angelos for the cold weather this week.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #9: April 06, 2007, 10:00:04 PM »
Before we start to blame Peter Angelos for not getting MASN2, let's remember that DirecTV is supposed to have it there, including Nats Xtra. The MASN guide says it's on channel 671. If it's not there, call DirecTV and tell them. This is the same thing I went through last year with the restaurants and channel 626. As soon as they called, it was turned on.
Let's just blame Angelos for the cold weather this week.
You haven't been a Nat fan for very long have you?  We blame Angelos for everything around here.   :lol:

nospinzone1

« Reply #10: April 06, 2007, 10:09:51 PM »
You haven't been a Nat fan for very long have you?  We blame Angelos for everything around here.   :lol:
WHY NOT; HE WAS INSTRUMENTAL IN OUR NOT GETTING A TEAM FOR YEARS AND HE SUCKERED US IN THE TV DEAL....HE IS NOTHING BUT A GREEDY AH

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #11: April 07, 2007, 01:02:07 AM »
i actually was flipping through channels and happened to type in the wrong number and MASN2 came on, its ESPN NEWS and CSPAN any other time but I was glad to see that I can actually watch now. 

Offline kimnat

« Reply #12: April 07, 2007, 09:45:32 AM »
Just got this correspondence from Directv this a.m.  Wrote back to clarify as the Post reported that we will be getting it.

Thank you for taking your time to write us with concern to the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network. I'm happy to see that you've been with us since 2001. I'm sorry for the confusion you have had learning that MASN 2 will be blacked out from the channels it used to be shown. We?ve made changes to some Regional Sports Network coverage areas this season and we are no longer showing Washington Nationals baseball teams games on Washington DC - Hagerstown MD in your area. As you have mentioned these games will only be available through MLB Extra Innings, the out of market baseball package. To learn more and to order this package, please visit our web site at directv.com/mlb

I realize that this is a less than ideal situation for you, and I thank you for your understanding.

Thank you again for writing. Please continue to visit our web site at DIRECTV.com for the latest news and information about our services.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #13: April 07, 2007, 10:00:32 AM »
I did that last night, got the station, and watched the terrible game.

Offline bob2274

« Reply #14: April 07, 2007, 01:24:04 PM »
Just got this correspondence from Directv this a.m...

That response from DirecTV sounds ridiculous. The MASN site says that the games are on 626 and 671, and it is a violation of MLB broadcast rules to show local games on MLB Extra Innings. Did you call them about channel 671 not being on?

Also, Peter Angelos made it snow this morning. Any thoughts?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #15: April 07, 2007, 01:34:31 PM »
Also, Peter Angelos made it snow this morning. Any thoughts?
Yeah I got a thought...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline bob2274

« Reply #16: April 07, 2007, 02:22:42 PM »
UPDATE: The board at the Nationals site had a thread form a lot of angry people, but it looks like the DirecTV problem was resolved at about 8:45 last night.

For two years, people have been telling me to switch to DirecTV and everything will be fine. I turned the TV to C-SPAN2 on Comcast at about 6:25 last night, and Nats Xtra came on at 6:30.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #17: April 07, 2007, 04:09:34 PM »
Yeah, it was fine.  Now I anxiously awaiting FIOS.

Edit, I'll also call DTV tomorrow about the confusion.  Don't feel like it right now.  Have a small headache and am getting ready to go to the game tonight to freeze my butt off. 

Guys, I'll be in 423, 2nd to last row.  If you're there, stop by and say hi!