Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 417073 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Are you sure you're not my long lost little brother?  :P

By the way, is the Rivermill still a cool place or has it went lame?  Also, are there still weirdos in Pamplin after 8pm?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Hey guys, I think I registered in the offseason but I'm ready to get back in the swing of things for the baseball season and I am very excited about our prospects this year. I am also glad to see so many interested and active Nats fans. I'm not usually huge on forums but I like to see other Nats fans thoughts and opinions on things. I also hope we have something to celebrate at the end of the season!

Name: Bill
Location: Blacksburg, VA until MBA graduation in a couple of weeks then back to Burke, VA
Fav Players: Have a Zimmerman jersey, need a Strasburg one and maybe a Harper one, we shall see. I also like Morse and Storen

Both my parents graduated from CNU!

Welcome!

Offline Gleason2

Both my parents graduated from CNU!

Welcome!

My niece attends CNU right now (just finished her sophomore year).  She loves it.

Offline blue911

My niece attends CNU right now (just finished her sophomore year).  She loves it.

Is that the school named for a pirate?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Qhat is CNU?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
It's pronounced "Canoe"

Offline Gleason2

Qhat is CNU?

Christopher Newport University.  It's in Newport News.

Offline CALSGR8

A friend of mine had CNU on list of colleges for her daughter.

Can you guys email me or PM me what you liked about it.  Major? Approx class size.  Culture?

Offline Gleason2

A friend of mine had CNU on list of colleges for her daughter.

Can you guys email me or PM me what you liked about it.  Major? Approx class size.  Culture?

I'll check with my niece and get back to you.

Offline 5ohhh

Hi All,

Names Ricky, I'm from Southern MD and have been a DC Sports fan all my life.  Looking forward to attending my 2nd game ever tonight at Nats park to help claim our territory!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Hi All,

Names Ricky, I'm from Southern MD and have been a DC Sports fan all my life.  Looking forward to attending my 2nd game ever tonight at Nats park to help claim our territory!

Welcome  ....  it should a great night for baseball.

Offline CALSGR8

Welcome  ....  it should a great night for baseball.

If it doesnt do that 4 letter word beginning with r _ _ n!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Hi All,

Welcome Ricky! You saw a great game tonight!

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
Hello everyone. I just started getting into baseball again after a very long time of not watching. ..

I was like that from around the late 70s up till about 2002 or 03. not watching or really caring about baseball (There had been no Senators since 71 so why bother?). I loosely kept up with the Orioles but wasn't really a born-again baseballnut at that point. Ironically during those years (and currently) I was still into collecting baseball cards.

Offline swirvi

Hey guys,

I registered last year but only started posting this season.  I'm a big nats fan living in Los Angeles, so I have to pay through the nose to watch them stink up the ball park every day.  I lived in DC for the innaugural season, but moved right after that.

I joined because I would read your posts for years as a visitor and always found you guys funny and entertaining.  Why not be a part of that?

My favorite player is Zimmerman (I'm actually good friends with his fiance - still surreal to see a friend of mine will be married to a DC superstar), but I also have a big man crush on Ankiel.  I think his story is so cool and I know he takes a lot of heat for his offense, but I got love for him.  I get giddy when I see runners on 3rd base sit after a fly out to center that he is under.

Random MLB player I hate:  Jeff Baker of the Cubs.  I knew him growing up.  Entitled douche.  I actually route for injury whenever I see him in a game.  That is how much I despise him.

Oh...and I'm a math guy, so I love to study the numbers behind the game.  Cheers!

Offline ETNbaseballfan

Hello everyone. I’ve only posted a few times so far, but I’ve really enjoyed reading the forum.

I’m from a small town in Northeast Tennessee.  I live about an hour from the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area (if you are familiar with that area).  My whole family is a baseball family. I have relatives who played college and professional baseball. I played baseball my entire life and started coaching youth travel baseball when I was in college.  I also live less than a mile away from a Rookie League stadium, so baseball is a major hobby for me.

I watched Bryce Harper while he was playing youth baseball, and I found this forum after he got called up to the Majors. I’m not willing to say that I will become a fulltime Nationals fan, but I have been rooting for the Nationals over the past week or so. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Welcome, Swirvi and ETNbaseballfan.  It's a fun time to follow this team.  It just has an air of potential.  what is the saying, a cynic is just an optimist who is disappointed?  That's the Legion Of Doom side of the board.  The SunShine Squad is the "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" brigade whistling through their execution(Monty Python reference).  when you do see the potential realized, like the starting pitching most of the season or Bryce his first week, then we all get giddy.

Offline Gleason2

Welcome!  Do you get MASN in east Tennessee?

Hello everyone. I’ve only posted a few times so far, but I’ve really enjoyed reading the forum.

I’m from a small town in Northeast Tennessee.  I live about an hour from the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area (if you are familiar with that area).  My whole family is a baseball family. I have relatives who played college and professional baseball. I played baseball my entire life and started coaching youth travel baseball when I was in college.  I also live less than a mile away from a Rookie League stadium, so baseball is a major hobby for me.

I watched Bryce Harper while he was playing youth baseball, and I found this forum after he got called up to the Majors. I’m not willing to say that I will become a fulltime Nationals fan, but I have been rooting for the Nationals over the past week or so. 

Offline ETNbaseballfan

Welcome!  Do you get MASN in east Tennessee?

We don’t get MASN here, but I’ll still get to watch several games throughout the year. For the other games, I’ll just watch highlights and use game tracker to stay updated.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
We don’t get MASN here, but I’ll still get to watch several games throughout the year. For the other games, I’ll just watch highlights and use game tracker to stay updated.

Get XM, all the games on radio.

Offline CALSGR8

I dont know if it would be worth it to get MLB TV so you can watch on computer.

Offline Obed_Marsh

I dont know if it would be worth it to get MLB TV so you can watch on computer.

Or a Ruku or PS3 if you want to watch them on your television. Works pretty well actually, I have been on Roku tape delay the last few days.

Offline adam3313

Hey all,

Just discovered this forum.  Been following the Nats since I moved down to DC in 09. 

My name is Adam.  I'm 25.  Live in Arlington. 

Happy to find this great resource of information.

Go Nats!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Welcome '3313.  So, how are your ankles?  Can hold down 1 for a fastball and 2 for a curve?  There could be a job for you . . .

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
JCA - everyone knows Knorr and BiL are the only two catchers here...