Author Topic: I think, we should look for a SS.  (Read 7888 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I think, we should look for a SS.
« Topic Start: July 16, 2005, 10:20:52 AM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
I've not once seen Tom McCraw talking with any of the players, he's always sitting by himself. You'd think that as a hitting coach, he would be talking about certain aspects of their hitting... If this team had an owner, does anyone honestly think McCraw would be with the Nats?

Ken, I presume you are talking about McGraw during the games.  Unless someone attends an away game, you don't get to see Nats batting practice, and none of us are privy to what happens during the day preceding opening of a park.

I attended one game in Texas this year, going in early to watch Nats batting practice, and was actually surprised at how busy McGraw is during BP.  He was very active and engaged in working with players on their swings, stances or other aspects of their hitting.  I actually had hoped to get his autograph (becuase he played for the 71 Senators, in the last game, which I attended) but never got a chance, he was too busy working.

I am not saying he is good or bad as a coach, I'm just saying it's not really fair to judge his overall effort based on the little sliver you can see during games.