Author Topic: Getting to games  (Read 1624 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Getting to games
« Topic Start: April 07, 2009, 03:19:18 PM »
Hi all,
Metro questions:

1) Seems like the green is really infrequent on Sundays. Every half hour?!?!

2) The new Circulator to Union Station - does it run on weekends?

3)Anyone ever take the 70 bus from the Half and O terminal? Will I get stabbed?

Better suggestions to get to the west half of the Red Line?

Offline HalfSmokes

Re: Getting to games
« Reply #1: April 07, 2009, 03:33:22 PM »
Hi all,
Metro questions:

I think they run more frequently on home game days, then again after last years attendance who knows

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2: April 07, 2009, 04:19:23 PM »
Where are you coming from? You can drive to the red line terminus and take that in... we usually Metro from Shady Grove. It's a bit less than an hour.

Or you could just drive and park downtown. There's lots of parking.

Hi all,
Metro questions:

2) The new Circulator to Union Station - does it run on weekends?

3)Anyone ever take the 70 bus from the Half and O terminal? Will I get stabbed?

Better suggestions to get to the west half of the Red Line?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #3: April 07, 2009, 04:26:26 PM »
Where are you coming from? You can drive to the red line terminus and take that in... we usually Metro from Shady Grove. It's a bit less than an hour.

Or you could just drive and park downtown. There's lots of parking.

Right - I'll be coming from the west end of the Red Line already. I'm just unsure of how to best get back there after the game, and without waiting 30 mins for a green line. I believe that Half Smokes is right that the Green will be running more frequently.

The Circulator would be perfect as it runs every 10 mins and would get me out of any rush at the Navy Yard station, but all it says on the Circulator site is "extended hours on Nationals game days"

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #4: April 07, 2009, 05:13:58 PM »
Union Station might be your best bet if you're going out to Shady Grove. There used to be an N22 bus that picked you up near the park and took you there, but I think that's been replaced by the Circulator. We also just walked there and got on, but we only take it to Woodley Park.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #5: April 07, 2009, 05:21:26 PM »
Union Station might be your best bet if you're going out to Shady Grove. There used to be an N22 bus that picked you up near the park and took you there, but I think that's been replaced by the Circulator. We also just walked there and got on, but we only take it to Woodley Park.

Yeah, the N22 replacement is the one I'm thinking of. I may call the Circulator office to see how it runs for weekend Nats games.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #6: April 07, 2009, 06:43:30 PM »
i think circulator's claim to fame is that it runs every ten minutes

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #7: April 07, 2009, 07:22:46 PM »
i think circulator's claim to fame is that it runs every ten minutes

On weekdays for that route. That's why it's appealing, if it's running.

www.dccirculator.com

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #8: April 08, 2009, 03:39:13 AM »
Really, my experience has been, you don't have to wait 1/2 an hour after gametime to catch a green line train!

Last year they also ran yellow line trains for after games and they came every 10-15 minutes max.  They would also run long cars and would hold trains until full.

I've never had a problem catching Metro rail back to Lanfant (sp?) plaza and my friend hasn't had any problems getting back to gallery place either.

Some recommend walking to Capital South.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #9: April 08, 2009, 08:19:18 AM »
Really, my experience has been, you don't have to wait 1/2 an hour after gametime to catch a green line train!

Last year they also ran yellow line trains for after games and they came every 10-15 minutes max.  They would also run long cars and would hold trains until full.

I've never had a problem catching Metro rail back to Lanfant (sp?) plaza and my friend hasn't had any problems getting back to gallery place either.

Some recommend walking to Capital South.

Yeah, I walked to I think Federal Center SW, and that was fine, but this time I want a Red train. I haven't been since last April, so maybe the lines aren't as long now that the team has been really bad for awhile.

Green or Yellow would get me to Gallery place on the way back, but the Metro site said that the green line was running every 30 minutes on the way there...

Offline blue911

« Reply #10: April 08, 2009, 08:28:27 AM »
Yeah, I walked to I think Federal Center SW, and that was fine, but this time I want a Red train. I haven't been since last April, so maybe the lines aren't as long now that the team has been really bad for awhile.

Green or Yellow would get me to Gallery place on the way back, but the Metro site said that the green line was running every 30 minutes on the way there...

I don't believe WMATA posts the game day schedule. You may want to call them  :stupid: :glug: :blah: :bang: :hang: if you are into long pointless phone calls that basically end up pissing you off.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #11: April 08, 2009, 09:25:15 AM »
Green line runs more frequently around game time, at least the Green line does, not sure they accommodate on the other lines though....I've taken to parking around L'enfant plaza, the meters are free on weekends (and after 6:30 during the week) and the office workers are gone. That way I only have to worry about a ride on the green line.

It's a little lonely for the last 20-30 yards but not unsafe, most of those buildings have guards and there's a hotel or two in the vicinity.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #12: April 08, 2009, 09:53:21 AM »
No one answers for the Circulator, and the mailbox is full - it transfers you to Metro. The first time they just hung up on me randomly, the second time they said that the Circulator won't run on weekends - really useful, jerks.

The only way to get back to the red would be to take the Navy Yard train. Fun stuff. She said it's every 12-15 minutes, and then the Red is every 20 I think.

Offline blue911

« Reply #13: April 08, 2009, 09:55:29 AM »
No one answers for the Circulator, and the mailbox is full - it transfers you to Metro. The first time they just hung up on me randomly, the second time they said that the Circulator won't run on weekends - really useful, jerks.

The only way to get back to the red would be to take the Navy Yard train. Fun stuff. She said it's every 12-15 minutes, and then the Red is every 20 I think.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.  :D

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #14: April 08, 2009, 12:13:59 PM »
All I know is from my experience of going to the exhibition game and all games I went to last year.  My friend comes from Shady Grove. Never had a problem either.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #15: April 08, 2009, 09:13:55 PM »
If the circulator is running, take it. If it isn't, take the Metro Green line to the red line. I guarantee you it won't be a half hour wait for the Green line. You can wait a while at the transfer point for the Red line though, but like I said, I make it from the Park to Shady Grove in an hour.

If you are driving to get to the Metro, consider driving to one of the Green Line stations with parking. If you are really in PA, and coming to, say, Shady Grove off 270, drive another half hour to the Green Line station at Greenbelt. I'll bet you save all the time you would have spent transferring, etc.

But if there's more than three people in the car, I'd just drive all the way in and park for $20.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #16: April 09, 2009, 09:00:16 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Won't be coming from PA this time, just from Maryland, so I'll just take the red and deal with the crowd at Navy Yard. The Circulator must be nice for weekday games (anyone tried it yet?) but I'd rather not stand and wait for a bus that probably isn't coming.

Parking at Greenbelt is intriguing, but not so eco-friendly.

Offline blue911

« Reply #17: April 09, 2009, 09:54:50 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Won't be coming from PA this time, just from Maryland, so I'll just take the red and deal with the crowd at Navy Yard. The Circulator must be nice for weekday games (anyone tried it yet?) but I'd rather not stand and wait for a bus that probably isn't coming.

What game are you going to attend?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #18: April 09, 2009, 09:56:43 AM »
What game are you going to attend?

Looks like Zim-uh-nah-nen's debut.

Offline blue911

« Reply #19: April 09, 2009, 09:59:24 AM »
Looks like Zim-uh-nah-nen's debut.

The 19th? I think Minty & Gustavo will be there.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #20: April 09, 2009, 10:03:51 AM »
The 19th? I think Minty & Gustavo will be there.

Yeah but Galah hooked them up with primo seats. I like the nosebleeds.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #21: April 09, 2009, 11:14:18 AM »
I'm a sucker for a kids first game

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #22: April 09, 2009, 11:35:11 AM »
I'm a sucker for a kids first game

:clap:

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #23: April 09, 2009, 03:23:40 PM »
Hey, the crowd is part of the experience. :)

I'm going to the home opener, and I'm seriously considering driving to RFK and taking the Nats Express. Free parking, free shuttle, less traffic...

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #24: April 09, 2009, 04:26:22 PM »
Hey, the crowd is part of the experience. :)

I'm going to the home opener, and I'm seriously considering driving to RFK and taking the Nats Express. Free parking, free shuttle, less traffic...

And you can tailgate...