Author Topic: Nick Adenhart Dies in Car Crash  (Read 4909 times)

Re: Nick Adenhart Dies in Car Crash
« Reply #75: April 11, 2009, 03:30:11 PM »
Why not make him speak about the danger of drunk driving? Why not put him to work in detox at rehab clinics?

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, but could you imagine Mike Tyson speak about the wrongness of raping women?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #76: April 11, 2009, 03:31:37 PM »
he's a lost cause. way past the point of recovery. He's about 5 years too late for detox and all of that crap. why does he deserve to live? what's the point?

Absolutely it will make the families feel a little better knowing that the guy who murdered their kids is also dead.

Offline blue911

« Reply #77: April 11, 2009, 03:32:36 PM »
Someone find a hole in this logic:

Killing this guy (who has not had a trial or pled guilty yet), does it bring back 3 young kids? Does it make their families feel better? Does is reduce drunk driving in America? How about putting him in jail for 60 years? Although, the roads will be safer with him behind bars, since he was driving on a suspended license from his last DUI.

Why not make him speak about the danger of drunk driving? Why not put him to work in detox at rehab clinics? Otherwise you sound like this:

You sound like an early transcendentalist. I'm not advocating violating anybody's civil rights. I don't comprehend how a guy that hasn't shown a morsel of civic responsibility will all of sudden become a model for sobriety.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #78: April 11, 2009, 03:33:21 PM »
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, but could you imagine Mike Tyson speak about the wrongness of raping women?

Mike Tyson is borderline retarded, has lots of untreateded mental illness, and is just plain sad. He should have gotten treatment 15 years or more ago, but he's famous.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #79: April 11, 2009, 03:34:26 PM »
Someone find a hole in this logic:

Killing this guy (who has not had a trial or pled guilty yet), does it bring back 3 young kids? Does it make their families feel better? Does is reduce drunk driving in America? How about putting him in jail for 60 years? Although, the roads will be safer with him behind bars, since he was driving on a suspended license from his last DUI.

Sometimes the family DOES feel better if he's dead. It's called justice; this guy killed 3 (possibly 4) people while drunk driving and running a red light. He's a REPEAT offender, which means the first punishment for DUI obviously did nothing to him.

I'm fine with life in prison but I also advocate the discussion of the chair.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #80: April 11, 2009, 03:35:15 PM »
You sound like an early transcendentalist. I'm not advocating violating anybody's civil rights. I don't comprehend how a guy that hasn't shown a morsel of civic responsibility will all of sudden become a model for sobriety.

Switch the order. Working in detox plus education should scare the crap out of him. If he's truly unrepentant and unreachable, hard labor I suppose. I'm not a psychiatrist, but I do believe in rehabilitation rather than long term incarceration for most people.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #81: April 11, 2009, 03:35:19 PM »
Mike Tyson is borderline retarded, has lots of untreateded mental illness, and is just plain sad. He should have gotten treatment 15 years or more ago, but he's famous.
and this jerk that had a BAC 3 times the legal limit deserves any sympathy? anyone that drinks that much and then drives a car is well past the point of recovery. it's bad enough to drink that much anyways without even getting behind the wheel.

he shouldn't have been driving in the first place either since his license was suspended.

the more freak-ups like this guy that we remove from the world the better it will be.

Offline blue911

« Reply #82: April 11, 2009, 03:36:05 PM »
Sometimes the family DOES feel better if he's dead. It's called justice; this guy killed 3 (possibly 4) people while drunk driving and running a red light. He's a REPEAT offender, which means the first punishment for DUI obviously did nothing to him.

I'm fine with life in prison but I also advocate the discussion of the chair.

Errrr... Torquemada, the Chair hasn't been used in like 50 years.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #83: April 11, 2009, 03:37:49 PM »
Errrr... Torquemada, the Chair hasn't been used in like 50 years.
lethal injection

Offline blue911

« Reply #84: April 11, 2009, 03:38:58 PM »
lethal injection

You go look up Torquemada and write 12 pages by Monday.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #85: April 11, 2009, 03:40:12 PM »
You go look up Torquemada and write 12 pages by Monday.

You can't Torquemada anything . . .

Offline blue911

« Reply #86: April 11, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »
You can't Torquemada anything . . .

Tell that to the billion ants I fried with a magnifying glass.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #87: April 11, 2009, 03:43:28 PM »
Tell that to the billion ants I fried with a magnifying glass.

*sigh*

Offline blue911

« Reply #88: April 11, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »
*sigh*

They make sequels to all kinds of crap. But not this! Damn!

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #89: April 11, 2009, 03:49:52 PM »
They make sequels to all kinds of crap. But not this! Damn!

You were waiting for "The Jews In Space" too. Would have been epic ;)

Offline blue911

« Reply #90: April 11, 2009, 03:53:26 PM »

Come on. How can't you like Busby Berkeley meets the Spanish Inquisition?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #91: April 11, 2009, 04:01:00 PM »
Come on. How can't you like Busby Berkeley meets the Spanish Inquisition?

How can you hate on the guy who choreographed "No,No, Nanette"?

Offline blue911

« Reply #92: April 11, 2009, 04:04:14 PM »
How can you hate on the guy who choreographed "No,No, Nanette"?

Me? I'm a big Berkeley fan. I misspend many of my pre-pubescent years dreaming of Esther Williams.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #93: April 11, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »
Murder requires "malice aforethought," which is most commonly defined as intent.  However, malice aforethought can also be found in cases of depraved indifference or extreme recklessness.  It would be unusual to charge a suspect in a case like this with murder, rather than vehicular manslaughter, but if he has enough DUIs and the prosecutor thinks he can make out depraved indifference or extreme recklessness, then it's a better charge than manslaughter and would likely make him ineligible for bail and eligible for the death penalty.

The story on the news about Adenhart's father spending time on the mound at the Angels' park last night was heartbreaking.

That's what I was thinking.  This guy did not say to himself "I'm going to kill a Major League Pitcher in his prime today".  I was wondering what the different degrees of Murder are and how this case fits.  I've pulled Jury Duty before and not everything is black and white.  The jury is told very strict instructions and conditions to meet each type of charge (Murder vs. Vehicular Manslaughter, vs. Involuntary Manslaughter).

I'm NOT defending this guy at all.  He went out on a suspended license, drunk, caused an accident  (LEADING TO SENSELESS DEATH AND DISTRUCTION) and tried to leave the scene of the crime.  This guy needs incarceration at the very least just so he won't go out on the streets for a very very long time.

« Reply #94: April 11, 2009, 05:13:43 PM »

I don't talk to anyone on message boards unless I am going to fornicate with them-- so, you know...

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #95: April 11, 2009, 05:58:49 PM »
I just want to see Hitler on Ice.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #96: June 11, 2009, 11:23:17 AM »
A toxicology report on Courtney Stewart, the young woman who was killed along with Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart in an April car crash, reveals that Stewart—who was behind the wheel of Adenhart's car—was legally drunk at the time.

Orange County Weekly obtained a copy of the report (posted on their website) showing that Stewart's "postmortem" blood alcohol level was .16, twice the legal limit for a regular driver—however, Stewart was also underage. It's unclear "what it all means" at this point, and it may have no bearing on the essential facts of the incident, but the whole situation just got a lot messier—and could get much uglier.
http://deadspin.com/5286975/

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #97: June 11, 2009, 01:46:40 PM »
Looks like there was blame to go around.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #98: June 11, 2009, 01:57:47 PM »
I always get confused when people say legally drunk... to me that means she was drunk, but she was within the legal limits.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #99: June 11, 2009, 04:28:36 PM »
I always get confused when people say legally drunk... to me that means she was drunk, but she was within the legal limits.
no it means she was over the limit I believe. she was drunk according to that state's BAC laws.