Author Topic: Billy Ray "Rojo" Johnson Brings Beer To Mound, Ejected After One Pitch  (Read 1506 times)

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100507&content_id=9865330&vkey=news_milb&fext=.jsp

Round Rock fell to Nashville, 3-1, on Thursday night, but it was the debut of the team's newest reliever that had fans buzzing.

Billy Ray "Rojo" Johnson, wearing No. 99 and adorned with glitzy necklaces, cans of beer and a bushy mustache, threw one pitch before being ejected and chased around the field by a Nashville batter. Well, sort of.

"Rojo," once the mustache fell off, appeared to be Will Ferrell, best known for his roles on "Saturday Night Live" and movies like "Anchorman," "Old School" and "Talladega Nights." He was in the area to promote The Will Powered Golf Classic on Friday at Cimmaron Hills Country Club, which benefits College for Cancer, an organization that provides scholarships to cancer survivors.

Ferrell entered the game in the sixth inning dressed as "Rojo," an American-born pitcher raised in Venezuela who, according to the Express, had recently walked early on a prison sentence for the "illegal importation of countless species of reptiles, including various types of rare snakes, lizards, iguanas, turtles and galliwasps."

The team also said Johnson was known for his temper. Sure enough, the right-hander threw behind the first batter he faced, was ejected, tossed his glove and sprayed beer at a Sounds player before pummeling him in the outfield in a tribute to Nolan Ryan.

Johnson also appeared to have taken a bag of beer cans with him to the mound.

"Mentally, I feel like I have the strength of 10 men, after that," Johnson, who ripped off his mustache during the on-field chase, told reporters in a postgame press conference.

"Nashville showed a lot of stuff tonight," he added. "They've got a lot of moxie."

The Express did not comment on the future of Johnson's career.

Offline DPMOmaha

I hope video emerges...

I hope video emerges...

As a personal side note to the game, my cousin apparently threw out the first pitch of this very game for some reason. I am trying to contact him to get the goods.

:rofl: He pushes the ball boy.

Offline hammondsnats

:rofl: He pushes the ball boy.

that was my favorite part.  I've watched this clip 11 times in a row and I can't stop laughing :rofl:

Offline soxfan59

• Gough, Gough White Sox!!!
    • John R. Russell, Ltd.
Why is this funny?  Will Ferrell continues to prove that he has no comedic instincts at all. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Why is this funny?  Will Ferrell continues to prove that he has no comedic instincts at all. 

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Will Ferell IS nag Hunter

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
(Image removed from quote.)

Oh thank god I'm not the only one who feels this way :phew:

Offline saltydad

I am definitely not a Will Ferrell fan, but I found this funny.

Offline DPMOmaha

I am definitely not a Will Ferrell fan, but I found this funny.
+1

Although I did like Stranger than Fiction.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Totally agree.  Didn't do anything for me.

Offline Potomac Cannons

+1

Although I did like Stranger than Fiction.

That's where I fall on this one.  I occasionally like Will Ferrell and this was one of those moments where he seemed to be decently funny.  Stranger than Fiction was good as well.