Author Topic: 2012 attendence and fans  (Read 5646 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: 2012 attendence and fans
« Reply #25: May 16, 2012, 01:58:49 PM »
EvRYbudDIEClapUrHans!  who needs a crowd to get loud when there the PA folks can do the noise pumping at inappropriate times?  And how does Hans feel about being slapped so much?

Games I've been to, there is more noise that is not PA stimulated.  for example, the PA folks will do their Hans number, the noise will die out, then a let's go Nats chant will start, or clapping, or something.  Then they'll do a different rhythm, that'll die out, then the noise will start.  Specifically, I think this was the case in the Friday Phillies game, and it was my impression earlier. 

I really hate the PA when they start a Let's Go chant when we are in the field.

As for attendance, there are at least 9 big draws remaining on the schedule: The Os series, the NYY series, and at least one weekend series with the Braves.  You can tell the anticipated big series by the rcr / ticket exchange black out dates.  We've only hit I think the OD and Take Back the Park blackouts.  The RCR has added a black out for 6/2 Dierkes Bentley.  I'm thinking we'll maintain over 25K and not that it is artificially pumped up early and we'll pay later.