Author Topic: Nationals @ Cubs, Game 1  (Read 31016 times)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Re: Nationals @ Cubs, Game 1
« Reply #50: April 05, 2012, 12:01:55 PM »
I'm starting a new "Anti Queen of the Damned" tradition and posting in the Game Day Thread

Play Ball nages!

:panic:

Offline spit

« Reply #51: April 05, 2012, 12:02:31 PM »
FYI, John Lannan will be mowing down Rochester Red Wings at about the same time this game is going on.

FYI, Guzman will be mowing down Buffalo Wild Wings about the same time this game is going on.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #52: April 05, 2012, 12:03:38 PM »
FYI, Guzman will be mowing down Buffalo Wild Wings about the same time this game is going on.

Nice first post.

I like your style. :clap:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #53: April 05, 2012, 12:08:30 PM »
That explains why you confused the seahawks new digs for the steelers new digs.

All that  ... :)

Offline MorseTheHorse

« Reply #54: April 05, 2012, 12:10:35 PM »

:lol:  Well played! 

Also, BASEBALL! Lets hope this is the first of many OD starts for Strasburg in a Nats uniform.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #55: April 05, 2012, 12:12:13 PM »
I'm starting a new "Anti Queen of the Damned" tradition and posting in the Game Day Thread

Play Ball nages!

You'll be back to avoiding it by the end of April.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #56: April 05, 2012, 12:13:02 PM »
:lol:  Well played! 

Also, BASEBALL! Lets hope this is the first of many OD starts for Strasburg in a Nats uniform.

4 can be counted as many.  :?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #57: April 05, 2012, 12:14:28 PM »
Hoping to head home from work early around 2 as long as nothing comes up :clap:

Offline Skinz72

• Say hello to the DL-inator!!
« Reply #58: April 05, 2012, 12:14:56 PM »
Our Windy City fifth column!

It's interesting... as a generality (not a rule) the Sox fans really, REALLY hate the Cubs fans.  The Cubs fans are so into themselves, their mistique, their bad luck, thier history, their amazing ball park, their players of old (Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Harry Carry, Ryne Sandberg) that they generally pay no mind to the Sox fans.  There is also a slight socioeconomic battle going on as well.  The South Side is generally considered the working class hard fighting type, while the North Side has a bit of wealth associated to it's identity.  Although there are millionare Sox fans, and dirt poor Cubs fans, this undertone does exist and helps create the many layers of rivalry that exist between Cubs and Sox fans.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #59: April 05, 2012, 12:18:53 PM »
FYI

Thom Loverro is doing a 2 hour Opening Day Special - Rizzo is on now

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/affPopup?s=wtem-am

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #60: April 05, 2012, 12:24:51 PM »
Kind of like Yanks/Mets I suppose.

It's interesting... as a generality (not a rule) the Sox fans really, REALLY hate the Cubs fans.  The Cubs fans are so into themselves, their mistique, their bad luck, thier history, their amazing ball park, their players of old (Ernie Banks, Ron Santo, Harry Carry, Ryne Sandberg) that they generally pay no mind to the Sox fans.  There is also a slight socioeconomic battle going on as well.  The South Side is generally considered the working class hard fighting type, while the North Side has a bit of wealth associated to it's identity.  Although there are millionare Sox fans, and dirt poor Cubs fans, this undertone does exist and helps create the many layers of rivalry that exist between Cubs and Sox fans.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #61: April 05, 2012, 12:26:02 PM »
Nice work chief.  Hope everyone in Natstown has a great day today.  GO NATS!

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #62: April 05, 2012, 12:27:11 PM »
Please apologize for my lack of off-season activity, has Johnson said who will be filling in as the closer while Storen is out?

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #63: April 05, 2012, 12:27:32 PM »
I created the first YNOT trivia contest in The Clubhouse section. 
It covers this 6-game road trip.(cmdterps44 is still calculating the 2011 season's final results.)

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=26104.msg967069#msg967069

Get your entry in before FIRST PITCH on OPENING DAY!!

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #64: April 05, 2012, 12:27:37 PM »
Please apologize for my lack of off-season activity, has Johnson said who will be filling in as the closer while Storen is out?

Lidge and HRod

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #65: April 05, 2012, 12:28:02 PM »

DJ will alternate between Lidge and Rodriguez until Storen returns.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #66: April 05, 2012, 12:29:07 PM »
You'll be back to avoiding it by the end of April.

:whistle:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #67: April 05, 2012, 12:35:53 PM »

Play Ball nages!

I went to make my two hour post and my computer crashed. 

:panic: :panic:

< 1 hour if you're a Red Sox fan!

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #68: April 05, 2012, 12:37:58 PM »
Just realized MLB.TV subscribers get MLB at bat on the iphone for free! Looks like I'll be listening to the game at work today!

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #69: April 05, 2012, 12:42:47 PM »
Interesting tidbit just heard on MLB Network Radio:  Jamie Moyer and Andy Pettitte are on major league rosters and Roy Oswalt is still unemployed.

Why not throw a flyer on Oswalt?

This would allow them to move a pitcher down AAA. To free space in the Syracuse rotation, they could send Lannan to Harrisburg.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #70: April 05, 2012, 12:45:01 PM »

I laughed.

This is an amazing first post.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #71: April 05, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »
This would allow them to move a pitcher down AAA. To free space in the Syracuse rotation, they could send Lannan to Harrisburg.

:woop: :woop:

Don't forget the restaurant sized jug of Crisco.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #72: April 05, 2012, 12:45:57 PM »

I'm sorry Lannan's demotion puts your knickers in a twist, but having pitching depth would be a great problem to have.

Offline soxfan59

• Gough, Gough White Sox!!!
    • John R. Russell, Ltd.
« Reply #73: April 05, 2012, 12:47:08 PM »

While your generalizations have a bit of truth to them, you must know, that only Cubs fans believe that Cubs fans don't hate Sox fans.  Cubs fans hate Sox fans with a passion, they just pretend that they don't, try to believe the White Sox really don't exist, and act holier-than-thou when the Sox fans act up about Cubs fans, when Cubs fans are generally just as bad.  This has come out in spades since the Sox won it all in 2005, and Cubs fans reacted with rage over the concept that the ugly little sister got to be prom queen first.  And the old stereotype of working class, beer swilling Sox fans vs yuppified brokers and business suit Cubs fans has almost been reversed.  The drunken debauchery at Wrigley Field far exceeds any such behavior at US Cellular Field.  I have never feared for my own safety in all the years I have attended White Sox games at Comiskey and the Cell until the interleague games between the Cubs and Sox.  Drunken Cubs fans are impossible to deal with.  Wrigley Field has become a real party-frat boy atmosphere so much so that many of my friends who are Cubs fans and have kids refuse to subject their children to the Wrigley Field experience. 

Yes, these are over-generalizations as well, but the old stereotypes of the "family atmosphere" and "friendly confines" of Wrigley Field and the thugs and gangstas at the Cell are really getting to be reversed these days. 

Cubs fans hate us just as much as we hate them, they just think they're better than us because of their "loyalty" and "tradition" and whatever kool-aid they drink.  That's what offends me most about the basic die-hard Cub fan.  They truly believe being a Cub fan makes them better than the rest of us.  Well, bite me.  Being a White Sox fan, or a Nats fan, or a Seattle Mariners fan is no different. 

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #74: April 05, 2012, 12:47:29 PM »
BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL