Author Topic: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 2  (Read 23076 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 2
« Topic Start: May 01, 2009, 08:04:40 AM »
Game Time: 1:35 PM
Venue: Nationals Park
TV: MASN2, WDCW DC-50
Radio: WFED 1500, SBN 1390, ESPN 730, XM 184

(6-17)

John Lannan
0-3, 4.61 ERA

(17-8) 

Kyle Lohse
3-0, 1.97 ERA

Lineups Posted When Available

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 2
« Reply #1: May 01, 2009, 09:28:21 AM »
This should be the game which helps N2P get question one in the YNOT correct. 

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #2: May 01, 2009, 09:29:35 AM »
C'mon Zmnn.  Three in a row.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #3: May 01, 2009, 09:33:54 AM »
C'mon Zmnn.  Three in a row.

He is the ONLY guy on the entire pitching staff worth a crap right now. 

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #4: May 01, 2009, 09:39:30 AM »
at least we have a shot every 5 games. there really should be a year end ynot question - what percentage of our wins will be with Zimmermann starting?

Offline blue911

« Reply #5: May 01, 2009, 09:44:10 AM »

I haven't given up on Lannan.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #6: May 01, 2009, 09:49:53 AM »
I've been pleased with the starting rotation for the most part (DCab excluded) after we got through that first time through.  They've all improved from the beginning of the year.  I'll throw Beimel in there too. 

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #7: May 01, 2009, 10:19:21 AM »
I've been pleased with the starting rotation for the most part (DCab excluded) after we got through that first time through.  They've all improved from the beginning of the year.  I'll throw Beimel in there too. 

I said RIGHT NOW. 

Blue:  I haven't given up on Lannan just yet, but I think he's over his head at the top of the rotation.

DPM:  Olsen pitched well the other night, but Philadelphia is left loaded so he was bound to pitch well against them.  Lannan has sucked so far this year, Cabrera HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPH pisses me off he's even here (actually, on "The Show" on XM-175 the other day, Dibble said he doesn't even consider Cabrera as part of this rotation because he doesn't even think he'll be here very long), and the jury's still out on Martis who lookd good his first two but stunk up his last outing.  The only guy worth a damn in the bullpen is Beimel and he's on the DL.  WE HAVE JULIAN freak-TARD TAVAREZ CLOSING FOR US.

This is the worst scenario anyone could have possibly imagined going into 2009.  If not for Zimmermann I'd be counting down the days until college hockey starts.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #8: May 01, 2009, 10:29:02 AM »
I said RIGHT NOW. 

Blue:  I haven't given up on Lannan just yet, but I think he's over his head at the top of the rotation.

DPM:  Olsen pitched well the other night, but Philadelphia is left loaded so he was bound to pitch well against them.  Lannan has sucked so far this year, Cabrera HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPH annoys me off he's even here (actually, on "The Show" on XM-175 the other day, Dibble said he doesn't even consider Cabrera as part of this rotation because he doesn't even think he'll be here very long), and the jury's still out on Martis who lookd good his first two but stunk up his last outing.  The only guy worth a darn in the bullpen is Beimel and he's on the DL.  WE HAVE JULIAN freak-TARD TAVAREZ CLOSING FOR US.

This is the worst scenario anyone could have possibly imagined going into 2009.  If not for Zimmermann I'd be counting down the days until college hockey starts.
Fair enough, I think we've got fairly similar views on this, we just different words to relay that message.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #9: May 01, 2009, 11:31:18 AM »
it doesn't matter if we get a 11 run lead, our bullpen will blow it.

Bags

« Reply #10: May 01, 2009, 11:42:25 AM »
it doesn't matter if we get a 11 run lead, our bullpen will blow it.

I hope JZim is stretched-out enough now to go the distance, that might be our only hope.  Of course, I realize that unless he's got a no-hit bid going AND his pitch count was low, Manny wouldn't let him go long enough to get a complete game while operating under the mindset of protecting his young arm by limiting his overall innings.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #11: May 01, 2009, 11:55:15 AM »
at least we have a shot every 5 games. there really should be a year end ynot question - what percentage of our wins will be with Zimmermann starting?
It's currently at 40%, and I'm pretty sure that after this game it will be 50%. I think we can really win this one.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #12: May 01, 2009, 12:24:49 PM »
It's currently at 40%, and I'm pretty sure that after this game it will be 50%. I think we can really win this one.

I don't see why we can't just, "skip that part...and go straight to the killing."

« Reply #13: May 01, 2009, 12:27:29 PM »

Agreed. He really might be the only reason I tune in tonight.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #14: May 01, 2009, 12:33:08 PM »
hopefully the weather clears up tonight.  we need a win tonight.

« Reply #15: May 01, 2009, 12:34:09 PM »
we need a win tonight.

I might start drinking after I ask this because it's so depressing to ask, but: why?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #16: May 01, 2009, 12:39:29 PM »
I might start drinking after I ask this because it's so depressing to ask, but: why?

Because it may finally justify the Dunn signing for him so he can shut me up.    :D

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #17: May 01, 2009, 12:56:04 PM »
Its May, a new month, lets start a 31 game win streak!!

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #18: May 01, 2009, 01:06:59 PM »

Last year I went to games and the Nats would pretty reliably have one good inning, when I had seen that inning I would go home and read about the rest of the game in the morning, if I stayed they were just gonna break my heart.  This year...I might just have to leave when we start using the bullpen.

But it's too early to think like that.

Lets go Nats!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #19: May 01, 2009, 01:10:14 PM »
The Nats are currently a -116 favorite for this game. This is the first game so far this season they have been the favorite.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #20: May 01, 2009, 01:14:05 PM »
The Nats are currently a -116 favorite for this game. This is the first game so far this season they have been the favorite.

Vegas jinxed Z'nn.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #21: May 01, 2009, 01:31:37 PM »
Sportsline's Rookie Watch:

Rookie watch

Top AL rookies to date

1. Scott Richmond, SP, TOR -- He's off to a 3-0, 2.70 start, but the AL will catch up to him.
   2. Chris Getz, 2B, CHW -- A fractured finger tip won't send him to the DL; he's off to a great start.
   3. Travis Snider, OF, TOR -- He has cooled off considerably, but he will be streaky at this stage.
   4. Jose Morales, C, MIN -- Mauer's return will make him relatively worthless next week.
   5. Koji Uehara, SP, BAL -- He leads all rookie SPs with 30 innings, averaging six per start.

* Honorable mentions: Brett Gardner, OF, NYY; Andrew Bailey, RP, OAK; Ricky Romero, SP, TOR; Ryan Perry, RP, DET; and Elvis Andrus, SS, TEX.

Top NL rookies to date

1. Jordan Zimmermann, SP, WAS -- He has been outstanding through two starts, exceeding modest expectations.
   2. Dexter Fowler, OF, COL -- Five steals in one game is just ridiculous production from a rookie.
   3. Joe Thurston, 2B, STL -- Journeyman won't stay on this list, but he got off to a nice start.
   4. Brian Barden, 3B, STL -- He has earned starts at third base until Troy Glaus (shoulder) returns midseason.
   5. Micah Hoffpauir, OF, CHC -- His pop and Milton Bradley's injury history makes him intriguing right now.

* Honorable mentions: Colby Rasmus, OF, STL; Jordan Schafer, OF, ATL; Mitchell Boggs, SP, STL; Felipe Paulino, SP, HOU; Bobby Parnell, RP, NYM; Michael Hinckley, RP, WAS; J.A. Happ, RP, PHI; Juan Gutierrez, RP, ARI; Ronald Belisario, RP, LAD; and Shairon Martis, SP, WAS.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #22: May 01, 2009, 01:40:57 PM »

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #23: May 01, 2009, 01:43:58 PM »
Because it may finally justify the Dunn signing for him so he can shut me up.    :D

The move speaks for itself, it helps the offense.

I just want to win. 

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #24: May 01, 2009, 01:44:17 PM »

JZ baby!