Author Topic: Nationals @ Braves, Game 2  (Read 20129 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Nationals @ Braves, Game 2
« Topic Start: June 29, 2010, 03:56:32 PM »
Sorry to do this and its basically pointless to bring this up but I just had to respond to what theChief said yesterday about my comments. I was never comparing Heyward to Desmond because they are two different players. All I was comparing is that both Heyward and Desmond started to fade these past 2 weeks. Because they are slumping, I never understood the whole point of taking out Desmond when his replacment is far worse than him. Let the kid play and let him grow from his mistakes. And to mention that by himself Desmond is throwing the season away is beyond me. Yes he mad a major mistake yesterday but if Morgan, who is the vet., made the right decision yesterday it might be a 3 run game instead of a 5. Just my two cents...

I guess we just have different opinions on what constitutes a slump.  Desmond has been underperforming Cristian Guzman by about 30 points in both average and OBP all season, and people around here absolutely CRUCIFY Guzman for his batting.  Toss in the 40 error pace and I can't see how playing him up here so he can "learn" is doing anything but conceding the season to "let the kids play."