Author Topic: Legion of Doom 2012!!!  (Read 18428 times)

Offline nobleisthyname

Re: Legion of Doom 2012!!!
« Reply #50: April 11, 2012, 07:26:32 PM »
Chief... :nono: you know the LOD wants the Nats to win!

I am legitimately curious though. What is LoD's stance? SSS is easy enough to understand. Is this just the opposite? Hope for a win but crucify them if they don't?

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #51: April 11, 2012, 07:29:57 PM »
Expect little out of ownership and the front office- pleasant surprise when they do otherwise

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #52: April 11, 2012, 07:30:54 PM »
I am legitimately curious though. What is LoD's stance? SSS is easy enough to understand. Is this just the opposite? Hope for a win but crucify them if they don't?

No, nothing even remotely related to that.  Let's just say some of us don't like getting rammed up the ass and being told it's really a massage.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #53: April 11, 2012, 07:31:06 PM »
Expect little out of ownership and the front office- pleasant surprise when they do otherwise

Sanity.

:clap:

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #54: April 11, 2012, 07:32:27 PM »
That sounds a lot like LAC. What's the difference?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #55: April 11, 2012, 07:33:07 PM »
I'd say LOD is more of a practical group... But then I'd probably be snapped at.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #56: April 11, 2012, 07:36:04 PM »

Incompetence and cheapness aren't mutually exclusive.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #57: April 11, 2012, 07:37:13 PM »
There are likely many variations but here is my take. In past years we have assembled rosters so full of holes the odds of a winning season let alone contending were slim due to one of many possible factors: lack of talent, lack of effort, lack of baseball smarts, or being a rehabbing or retiring player picked off the junk heap. Pretending we put together a team of world beaters is just plain silly. It is nice that Chad Tracy had a couple good games against the Cubs (whose pitching was abysmal last year and shows no signs of improvement) but it is still is dumpster diving.

We improved both the roatation and the pen this year. That is excellent but it is also a half ass job as we left question marks in the outfield, 1B, and SS or in other words holes in the roster. Winning teams at least assemble platoons to compensate but apprantly we cannot be bothered.

If you do dumb things repeatidly (i.e. Nyjer) or you cannot be bothered to give a crap (i.e., FLop), you are bound to get razzed and made fun of just like every baseball team I ever played. So snide, snarky comments are the general rule when the players and coaches make the same stupid mistakes over and over.

So show me the damn wins already. I am tired of golf clapping for some jackass hitting below the Mendoza line.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #58: April 11, 2012, 07:39:05 PM »

one word Werth

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #59: April 11, 2012, 07:41:32 PM »
Gotcha. Thanks for the replies.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #60: April 11, 2012, 07:59:31 PM »
No, nothing even remotely related to that.  Let's just say some of us don't like getting rammed up the ass and being told it's really a massage.

:spit:  I wonder if some chick will fall for that one.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #61: April 11, 2012, 08:15:12 PM »
one word Werth

Right, when they do decide to finally spend they blow their load (and all future loads) on a guy on the wrong side of 30.  That Werth was a disaster last year was only fitting.  As much as I don't like him, I do hope he's better than last year.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #62: April 11, 2012, 08:34:47 PM »
I only cross-posted this from the SSS thread because win or lose, every game belongs to ALL Nats fans.

You making a GoINFU 2012 thread, too?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #63: April 11, 2012, 08:36:37 PM »
You making a GoINFU 2012 thread, too?

I think they would say they aren't a "faction" and thus don't need a thread.  You'll have to ask Minty, as he seems to be the unofficial spokesperson.

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #64: April 11, 2012, 08:43:34 PM »
Ok. what's GoINFU?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65: April 11, 2012, 08:43:39 PM »
LoD can't accept the concepts of building, prospects, improvement over time.

Any time a reference is made to the team being built to contend, the LoD comes with [year + 2] function joke.

The failure to sign free agent X dooms this team to years of failure.

Hope is gullibility and acceptance of the current team leadership.

When the Nats do sign a free agent, it is just what is to be expected and not a sign that the management may have a plan on how to build a team. 

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #66: April 11, 2012, 08:49:51 PM »
JCA, e tu?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #67: April 11, 2012, 08:52:11 PM »

Any time a reference is made to the team being built to contend, the LoD comes with [year + 2] function joke.

When the Nats do sign a free agent, it is just what is to be expected and not a sign that the management may have a plan on how to build a team. 

You know what, it's all of the apologists who allow this ownership group to get away with this crap year after year, no outfield for 2012, it's OK because they have a Plan.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #68: April 11, 2012, 08:54:22 PM »

I can't speak for all of the LoD but that's not true for me.  Of course, I didn't follow the Nats until 2009 so what do I know.

Only after they whiff on all of the impact Free Agents on the market.

Let's see how the team is doing offensively in September.

Not all of us enjoy a good assramming by the cheap misers running the team like it's NJ Turnpike rest stop souvenir stand.  Some of us want the OWNERSHIP GROUP to show they're not using this team as an annuity stream and actually trying to build a baseball culture.  That we didn't have a FanFest and not a word was said about it by the team, really speaks volumes about the team's leadership.   Hell, the Potbelly down the street has next to NO Nats swag.  How hard would it have been for the team to send someone down with a couple of pennants and game used gear to spice the place up?  Too hard I suppose.

If the plan is not pulling the trigger on trading for needed pieces or signing FAs, sure.  The plan so far has been a lot of suck for draft picks and pray that medical cases and past their primes/never weres pan out.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #69: April 11, 2012, 08:57:32 PM »
And to be fair, that wasn't directed at JCA, just a response to some of the usual talking points of the SSS.  JCA, while LAC and SSS, is the voice of reason when it comes to most things.  I just disagree with him on a few points.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #70: April 11, 2012, 08:58:54 PM »
Ok. what's GoINFU?

Guild of Independent Nats Fans United. For people who consider themselves neither to be Sunshine Squadders nor Legionnaires of Doom.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #71: April 11, 2012, 08:59:59 PM »
I'd like it if people just treated each other like individuals with opinions instead of instantly resorting to generalizations based on labels that were supposed to be jokes in the first place, but WTF do I know, I'm just a dinosaur in a trashcan.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72: April 11, 2012, 09:10:47 PM »
troll remarks
Learning trolling from the masters!

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #73: April 11, 2012, 09:12:49 PM »
Learning trolling from the masters!

You're getting there.  You need to work in some references to asspounding to really get your troll on.  But good work regardless. :)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #74: April 11, 2012, 09:31:49 PM »

It's actually the other way around. SSS proclaims that actually signing a big time FA will doom the team for years to come.