Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 415033 times)

Offline FrankenMonkey

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #525: May 19, 2008, 01:32:16 PM »
Hey everyone, I just signed up a couple weeks ago and have been lurking ever since. I've finally gotten around to actually posting something now. I've been following the Nats a bit since they've moved to Washington and I'm a fan (I absolutely abhor the Orioles).

Now that they've got their stadium I'm fully entrenched in Nats fandom. I saw a couple games at RFK and I caught my first game at Nats Park against the Cubs when Nieves hit the game-winning homer! Great game. I'll be attending many more this year, I'm sure.

Anyway, I'm addicted now so I thought I'd join the club.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #526: May 19, 2008, 01:50:48 PM »
Greetings, Frank. Or, upon further examination of your avatar, perhaps I should address you as "Mr. Monkey"?

Don't miss the Gameday threads - your chance to enter noisily into the realm of insanity  :stupid: .  From what was once an articulate, well reasoned forum for baseball discussion and analysis, may we now present an inarticulate, pulsating mass of emotions, monosyllables, and gutteral utterances :rant: fit only for dedicated Nationals fans, and members of this forum.        :lol:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #527: May 19, 2008, 01:59:14 PM »
Greetings, Frank. Or, upon further examination of your avatar, perhaps I should address you as "Mr. Monkey"?

Don't miss the Gameday threads - your chance to enter noisily into the realm of insanity  :stupid: .  From what was once an articulate, well reasoned forum for baseball discussion and analysis, may we now present an inarticulate, pulsating mass of emotions, monosyllables, and gutteral utterances :rant: fit only for dedicated Nationals fans, and members of this forum.        :lol:

Oh come on, that's just the game threads.  The rest of the forum still contains plenty of reasonable well thought-out discussion :P

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #528: May 19, 2008, 02:10:26 PM »
Oh come on, that's just the game threads.  The rest of the forum still contains plenty of reasonable well thought-out discussion :P

A little something for everyone, Chief.  No argument from me.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #529: May 19, 2008, 02:24:43 PM »
Welcome FrankenMonkey!  Like the Avatar.  How did you come up with that character?

I was at that game vs the  Cubs too.  It was Great!

Welcome to a generally good but occasionally very frustrated group of NATS fans!

Offline FrankenMonkey

« Reply #530: May 19, 2008, 02:51:33 PM »
Welcome FrankenMonkey!  Like the Avatar.  How did you come up with that character?

I was at that game vs the  Cubs too.  It was Great!

Welcome to a generally good but occasionally very frustrated group of NATS fans!

I came up with name 'FrankenMonkey' way back in college as a funny short story and later adopted it as my online persona. Coincidentally, Young Frankenstein was one of my favorite movies and my signature is one of my favorite quotes from that movie. As for the avatar, I just found a monkey gif on-line and made some serious alterations to make it my animated logo. All that put together and voila, I'm FrankenMoney! Or FM for those of you who find it easier to abbreviate.

Thanks for the welcome! I'll be sure to baby-step my way into the gameday threads. No need to go cannon-balling into that pool just yet!

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #531: May 19, 2008, 03:51:03 PM »
...I'll be sure to baby-step my way into the gameday threads. No need to go cannon-balling into that pool just yet!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #532: May 19, 2008, 04:57:47 PM »
Thanks for the welcome! I'll be sure to baby-step my way into the gameday threads. No need to go cannon-balling into that pool just yet!

Offline Burgess

• K MONSTER!
« Reply #533: May 19, 2008, 05:02:28 PM »
Hi, my name is Fazal and my old account was Ryan Zimmerman ( I think some might recognize me, I was here way before). I like baseball, its my passion and I was an expos fan (I live in Montreal). I love baseball too much to not follow the nationals! My dream one day is to go see a game at nationals park and I hope I will be able to live it one day :). Its an awesome forum keep it up guys.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #534: May 19, 2008, 06:09:02 PM »
Sound familiar but there are a lot of "Ryan Zimmerman" type characters on this board!  So you're Burgess now!  Ok.  Hopefully still a Ryan fan.

Welcome back I guess!  I hope you can make it down here for a game sometime too.  It really beautiful!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #535: May 19, 2008, 06:17:41 PM »
Hi, my name is Fazal and my old account was Ryan Zimmerman ( I think some might recognize me, I was here way before). I like baseball, its my passion and I was an expos fan (I live in Montreal). I love baseball too much to not follow the nationals! My dream one day is to go see a game at nationals park and I hope I will be able to live it one day :). Its an awesome forum keep it up guys.

Chief could change the name on the "Ryan Zimmerman" account, so you could keep your post history.

Offline Burgess

• K MONSTER!
« Reply #536: May 19, 2008, 06:44:52 PM »
Chief could change the name on the "Ryan Zimmerman" account, so you could keep your post history.

Yay that used to be my account http://www.wnff.net/index.php?action=profile;u=28 (lLast Active: May 26, 2007, 06:27:02 PM) , i havent logged in a so long time that I didnt even know I had an account here untill I wrote in this thread.

Offline fan

• If Yost becomes Manager, I am done w/ the Nats.
« Reply #537: May 22, 2008, 11:28:27 PM »
I've posted on here a few times.  Originally from Wisconsin, so I'm also a Brewers fan. 
I live in Arlington now and can't wait for the ferry to start taking me to the Nats games.  DC traffic sucks.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #538: May 22, 2008, 11:37:28 PM »

I could, but there's no way for me to merge the two accounts.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #539: May 23, 2008, 12:33:22 AM »
Hey I've been posting for a bit, I'm SoxNats08 (Red Sox + Nationals, though I like the Nationals more). I live in Massachusetts, but I follow the Nationals as best as I can... Been to one Nationals game, but hope to see more in the new stadium.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #540: May 23, 2008, 08:50:10 AM »
I've posted on here a few times.  Originally from Wisconsin, so I'm also a Brewers fan. 
I live in Arlington now and can't wait for the ferry to start taking me to the Nats games.  DC traffic sucks.

fan in lower case.  Because he's a NATS fan but just a little bit!  ;)

Welcome

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #541: May 23, 2008, 08:56:01 AM »
Hey I've been posting for a bit, I'm SoxNats08 (Red Sox + Nationals, though I like the Nationals more). I live in Massachusetts, but I follow the Nationals as best as I can... Been to one Nationals game, but hope to see more in the new stadium.

Yay someone who should also be as Anti Yankee as I am.

Welcome.

Offline MDoyle

• UMW 2010
« Reply #542: May 23, 2008, 03:41:08 PM »
Hello.

I'm Matt, and I guess I oughta introduce myself.  I'm a pretty die-hard Nats fan along with most other DC sports.  Maryland football, Redskins football and Caps hockey are the other big ones for me, they don't come close to my baseball obsession though.  I'm a sophomore at the University of Mary Washington down in F-burg (Geography and Political Science).  I am also an umpire for little league games around school.  I've been a fan of baseball pretty much for as long as I can remember, and a Nats fan since they got here.  Before that I rooted for the Braves because, a) I didn't want to root for the local AL team (Orioles) because I refuse to pull for AL teams, and b) I used to live in Georgia.

That's my intro I suppose.  I'm gonna head off to the ballpark in a few so I suppose I'll post some more later.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #543: May 23, 2008, 03:43:56 PM »
Welcome to all of our recent new members :clap:

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #544: May 23, 2008, 03:44:54 PM »
Welcome and I love your banner!

natsfan1a

« Reply #545: May 23, 2008, 04:15:02 PM »
Hey, the squirrel avi is back! Edit: Oh, Skwerl, sorry. :D

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #546: May 25, 2008, 10:14:27 PM »
Hi.  Been lurking on occasion and may post on occasion.  Many of you know me from the MLB board (for better or worse.)  The other board can be a ghost town, so I've been trying to decide whether to join WNFF or Ballpark Guys.  Looks like you guys win.   :D   

Offline kimnat

« Reply #547: May 25, 2008, 11:42:43 PM »
Well. Let's see how this goes.  Some of us came here to honestly escape you.  We do have active mods here.  I'm willing to be open-minded though.  Hope you enjoy it here.

Offline Culdejat

« Reply #548: May 26, 2008, 09:13:50 AM »
Hi

I am a Montrealer who had season tickets behing the dugout. Since 2004 I go every year to the sping training. Some must know me, my son and I are always wearing our blue Expos BP jerseys. We go to DC every year, in 2006 and 2007 we were sitting behind the Nats dugout for the last homestands.

I am also the president of Encore baseball Montreal, who tried (and obviously did not succeed) to keep the Expos in Montreal. We have a french board with 600 members, and a core of 50-60 active members.

No... the baseball is not dead in Montreal.

Since we are still folowing our Ex-Expos, we root for the Nats and some teams were former Expos plays. Our favorites are Schneider, Wilkerson and Carroll.

I will not write posts every day, but I will follow your board. Keep up the good work and good luck for the rest of the 2008 season.

« Reply #549: May 26, 2008, 09:40:18 AM »
Hi.  Been lurking on occasion and may post on occasion.  Many of you know me from the MLB board (for better or worse.)  The other board can be a ghost town, so I've been trying to decide whether to join WNFF or Ballpark Guys.  Looks like you guys win.   :D   

This is going to be short lived. :roll: